Javilin and NLAW

Why are these giant bazookas that shoot missiles that blow up above tanks and don't look like they really hurt it much supposedly so effective?

youtube.com/watch?v=e-oHHTNxYe8

Attached: NLAW.jpg (700x350, 70.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tn6zhF6p_Zk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Shane Company, in Minnetonka at 394 and Hopkins Crossroad, and in Woodbury at I-94 and Radio Drive. Open weekdays til 8, Saturday and Sunday til 5, online at shaneco dot com.

Sneed

they shoot a jet of liquid copper at high speed that cuts through the armor and ignites the interior on fire, killing the crew and usually setting off ammunition. the explosion itself isn't super big, but all the energy is directed in a thin stream

learnin
youtu.be/Tn6zhF6p_Zk

They also fire in direct mode, meaning the explosive detonates from the front of the war head or can be selected to fire "too down" which will explode over the top of the target and direct the charge down. "cope cages" don't stop this effect.
They are some of the most effective weapons a single soldier can field and can even target low flying aircraft such as a helicopter or plane on take off or landing.

It lets a random dude on a bike blow up a 20 million dollar tank for 200k

Rocket launchers have always been OP

Missiles and Yes they are op but getting within 2000m of a Tank is not easy sometimes especially if there is IR transition

Why don't the Russians just put sand bags on the cages? Or use mulilevel cages with sandbags sandwiched inbetween?

They're great when they work. They often don't, tho. In the two popular ambush clips going around, one NLAW is fired in each. One works, the other's a bouncer. The bouncer still had a negative effect and took the tank out of the firefight (although it's most likely still operational)

High speed liquid copper. If 100mm of tank armor doesn't stop it, neither will sandbags.

Yeah you would think something that doesn't penetrate the armor wouldn't be that damaging and that they could just modify their tanks with better seat-belts and munitions storage or even more top armor.

Neat.
Didn't know copper could melt steel. Youd think they could block it somehow with some type of other material that cools the copper jet.

Overrated, fragile, difficult to operate expensive tubes. Any worthwhile target has shrapnel defence and IR dazzlers.

I guess you can blow up 1970s era surplus with them but the cost per kill would buy you a modest 2 bedroom home in rural Australia.

>High speed liquid copper
What does the copper do penetrate the armor?

they only cost $20k

Why don't you try getting shot by one OP

tankcels will cope and seethe

>NLAW

still doesn't explain why brown skinned hajis died so easily from 02-14'. The amount of Muslims I have seen sucking toes in persoanl polaroid pictures is beautiful. Thankfully we got to butcher hajis before the blackberry phone came out . It was free game for a loooong time, I miss the way those sand niggers begged for alah

Heat + velocity