It just occurred to me. Boomers aren't selfish (necessarily)...

It just occurred to me. Boomers aren't selfish (necessarily), they just actually (literally) believed that when their kids grew up, they could just show up with a firm handshake and have life handed to them.

My parents are well-to-do boomers. Mom never worked. In the 1990s my dad was a megayuppie and was ballin. Even had a few commercial properties (which he sold for what reason?). Private plane (Cessna), pool, vacations, the whole deal.

And yet, my dad never invested in his kids. He would cover their expenses (cars, insurance) but in the land of insane opportunity that the USA was in the 1990s... why the FUCK didn't he just buy a bunch of rental houses or turnkey businesses for the kids to babysit?

Because he thought they would all just show up to work with a firm handshake and get everything handed to them. We are all doing okay, graduated college and the whole nine yards... but holy cow, what could have been.

Boomers' ongoing selfishness is just cognitive dissonance and their refusal to admit they were wrong about how life would be for their kids.

Boomer thread general.

Attached: approved.webm (640x1138, 2.76M)

Decent take. For once OP is not a faggot.

I was thinking about this the other day, cause I had a zoom interview for a job. Couldn't even give a firm handshake lol :(

This is actually pretty accurate take.
Same thing for college. They went to college and got rich, why not send our daughter!

Attractive girls who can also do interesting things thread?

Attached: need fire dart gf.gif (388x220, 841.4K)

No excuse for that one. Even boomer women were complete whores in college. They know exactly what they’re doing sending their daughters there.

This is a big part of why Jews and other clannish ethnicities have out-competed goy western whites in modern times. Those families think of themselves kind of like financial 'trusts,' with a portfolio of assets growing over time. It's kind of the opposite of the goy mindset ('self-reliance;' 'bootstraps,' 'making your own way,' etc.). In the family trust model, if junior wants to start a business, that business can be capitalized from within the family, rather than outsourcing the financing to banks. That's one example of the advantages of this model.

okay

Attached: second most useful thing after making a sandwitch.webm (640x1138, 1.13M)

rich kid complains about how hard life is
details at nine

Lmao my boomer dad jokes about how much crazy shit he and his friends did in highschool and how much weed they smoked then he completely lost his shit at me when I get caught buying adderall my senior year because that was the only way I could deal with taking 4 APs which I had to do to have any chance of graduating college in a reasonable amount of time

Post handshake, faggot

this is why I will never share my teenage exploits with my kids until they are grown, and also why I won't flip my lid if they get caught with weed they most likely legally purchased from their high school marijuana dispensary... oh wait I don't have kids (yet) and if I did they sure as fuck wouldn't go to public school.

Boomers inherited prosperous white-majority nations and in less time than it took for them to die, they turned them all into low-trust hyperliberal multiracial dumps where all the major cities are already lost. Whites are going to be a minority in their own countries and around 1500 years of Euro history was thrown out the window. All the sacrifices and deaths of past generations was in vain. This is unprecedented and one of the greatest crimes ever committed, and it all happened under boomers' watch. "Selfish" does not even begin to describe the boomers.

fugg, that reminds me one time my dad was complainig that we had it too good and he had to cancel going to college and work in a factory making bricks because he got his first wife pregnant, some years later he had a house and two businesses.
man I fucking wish I could afford a wife and a kid making bricks or any manual labour, meanwhile I have to pretend I'm not a monkey and be a lawyer

Life has never been easy. Zoomers just need someone to blame for their laziness.

Shit thread, boring. Also offtopic. Report and herbs.

The funny thing is I was literally just buying adderall so I could function with only a few hours of sleep per night because that's the only way to stay competitive in school now. I ended up dropping out and just getting a job doing landscaping with some drunk illegals, but for a while I was actually kinda successful as a student. Standards now are so fucked, I'd rather just listen to music and drink shitty beer with Juan and his boys than study shit I don't care about

they only know their own experiences. my boomer dad got a bachelors degree in business and the math was the same level as my 6th grade (basic algebra). his degree was also 10x cheaper and had 10x less colleauges to compete with

>that's the only way to stay competitive in school now.
and to also feign a learning disability so you get 2 extra hours for exams and 3 extra days for assignments.

user isn't joking about this. I'm in medical school and stating you have testing anxiety gives you 50% extra exam time no questions asked. That's a difference between passing and failing

Don’t cut yourself on all that edge faggot

Unironically you are in a better position to succeed than if you over stressed yourself into a college that doesn't end up teaching you a skill while sending you into debt. Learn poor beaner culture and language, get a technical degree like an electrician, run your own company when the US starts to import Mexicans when all our tradesmen boomers retire. You'll be rich.

Seethe snowflakes, you millenials are so lazy and entitled pricks

>t. boomer vacationing in Mallorca

You need to take a vacation from the heckin barcade and move somewhere affordable

Shut up niggerfaggot.

Keep seething snowflake

When you let government into what should be personal matters and/or private enterprise. Because times were so good in the 90s, now anytime there is a little "pain" in life or the market, everyone rushes to the government for answers.

Let government into marriage = higher divorce rate/family instability.

Let government into school loans = hyper rise in cost of education

Let government into home loans/purchase = hyper rise in cost of home prices.

The government is a giant work program paid for by the private sector to middle man private transactions.

Keep larping nigger

My dad cannot for the life of me understand that they let these parasites steal our wealth and homeland. Literally thinks inflation is Biden's fault, still defends the Iraq War, and blames everything on the democrat party. I try to explain what has happened and he just says stupid shit like "interest rates should not affect the price of a house." I've stopped trying with them, they will soon see the consequences of their actions. I've moved on to explaining things to my friends who understand because they actually have to live with this shit.

Bet you voted for Biden

Anybody who is interested in the effect of generations on history should read The Fourth Turning by Strauss and Howe

will check it out, thanks