Is this based or cucked? Electric Mountain Bike

If SHTF politically, should you have one of these? Up to 40 miles on a charge, get an extra battery and solar charger. about $1k , and an extra battery is about $250 .. Well?

Attached: 324168516842167.png (522x400, 188.2K)

You're a fucking idiot

Your a retard for asking that question and will be picked off like the vermin you are.

Gee, I wonder why anyone would want to have something faster than the foot in the event of an economic collapse

I have one, its great. Good for excercise and travel. Would recommend.

>Your a retard for asking that question and will be picked off like the vermin you are.

Attached: 1644705959704.png (873x941, 263.83K)

Granted for a shtf situation I would recommend solid tires. Anything needing to be pressurized with broken glass around is bot likely to last long.

You could buy 3x cavaliers for the cost of that bike.

Was thinking the same.

put your legs to work user. get a cannondale Bad Boy and be happy

true but when shtf there will be a lot more spare tires in the world than cyclists

/thread

I ride my bike daily and I live in an area where thorns and goatheads will make your life miserable if you don't use slime in your tires. Yeah, you can avoid that with solid tires but it's honestly not worth it, it'll feel like you're going uphill on flat ground. Just carry a small pump and a patch kit and it'll be fine, 95% of the time you won't notice the thorns because the slime does it's job, especially if you have a tuffy liner between your innetube and tire, I do.

Pic related, it helps to have one of these to top it off once in a while.

Attached: IMG_20220316_103055.jpg (4128x2322, 3.43M)

>hardtail
>wheel hub motor
>no aux battery connector
>properietary nonsense
ngmi

Just buy an old full suspension MTB/downhill bike/frame and put a 'BBS HD + Phaserunner + DIY lipo battery + Cycle analyst' and have a near dirtbike experience.

pic rel, my shitbox

Attached: fff.jpg (497x453, 45.24K)

current downhill tires are multilayer and lined with kevlar. I drive through all kinds of urban trash without problems.

This seems like the way. Thank you user.

back in my time that has been known as motorcycle

Can Any Forums recommend a decent bike for fitness and transportation?

You’re definitely better off building your own.
Saves a ton of money and you get much better performance.
Go on Craigslist and look for a cheap 90s mountain bike. Something with a name brand like ‘Trek.’

Attached: F88AB02E-1661-4440-892B-D9F5D831CA0E.jpg (2788x2788, 3.39M)

With the right battery pack the Segway/Sur ron X bikes can reach highway speeds and travel up to 70 miles on a charge. Veritable electric motorcycle, puts some dirtbikes to absolute shame. When 4680 cells become ubiquitous we'll have electric bikes that can easily travel 100+ miles on battery without peddling at all.

Right now theres pretty much no uniformity in design. Some of these so called e-bikes are hideous weird urbanite machines which try as hard as they can to not look like a standard bike. Others look like a normal mountain bike with a battery pack in the middle of the frame. Some others try to integrate and hide all of the electrical components. As things develop they'll probably end up looking a lot less gay on average, and just be a fun thing you can use to tear off down some fire roads, or pop curbs and tear off through fields in the suburbs

If you just want to ride and want a comfy cruiser, look into an Electra Townie, the pedal forward design lets you take a break anywhere comfortably and you don't tip over at stoplights. Its a lot like those Dutch bikes that way, but made to look more like a beach cruiser, with gears. It's what I ride.

This is a Sur ron X btw.
Pretty much looks like a dirt bike, but its still subtle enough that you can ride them around town on sidewalks without turning heads. You can get them with peddles on them too. There are cheaper versions sold under Segway branding.

Attached: Sur-Ron-X-Black-Electric-Motorcycle.jpg (1024x552, 512.34K)

I find my chemically powered bike battery runs for 40 miles a charge for 0 dollars.

Attached: Gray1240.png (307x500, 119.52K)

Walking is fine too, but bikes have advantages.
You can travel faster and carry a lot of stuff with you.

checked. if you have a backpack full of shit, why expend the extra energy if you don't need to?

Whats wrong with your legs that you need electric assistance. Its funny, everytime i go ride the trails near my house now i see these fat fucks on $5000 electric downhill bikes that are look like they are about to tip over.