Metric time

I can't be the only one that thinks this is a good idea.

Attached: 20150416093225_00002.jpg (1024x724, 66.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why not have 13 months with 28 days each?

Attached: 1639982269992.jpg (785x681, 50.15K)

npc

cute drawing! Yeah i think it might be interesting, but i'm too used to "imperial time" i guess. I'm fine with it either way

There is not shortcut around the number of days a year, so no clear advantage from the change

Kek

Incorrect. Every month would have 28 days and that would be much more aligned with the world economic forum, Strauss.

too complicated, just make 1 day = 1 day, and fuck the rest

Also lets make it universal, is a fucking mess to meet online with people from other timezones.

Too bad the swatch internet time didnt catch up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time

Someone didn't pay attention in geometry class. Or were you planning on changing Earth's orbit too?

Attached: The-Unit-Circle-Colored-Cover-1024x672[1].jpg (1024x672, 66.3K)

sounds ok, but i dont give so much fucks about it.

>Europeans and their addiction to the number 10.
A minute being 60 seconds/mintues is perfect because of its factors.
You divide it easily by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30 and 60.
What can you divide 10 by?
1, 2, 5, and 10.

You clearly have autism.

Leave it to us, although you will sink

I dont get what you are trying to say

Microwave time is better.

I can't think of a single benefit of dividing time that can't be achieved easily with decimal time.

Also, by your reasoning lets change to hexadecimal base for everything, is way more flexible than base 10.

Because 12 is divisible by 6,4,3,2
10 is retarded. Can you divide 10 by 3 or 2?

All historic systems of time have been based on Earth's rotation, it's orbit around the sun, and the moon's orbit around Earth all of which couldn't care less about being easily divisible by 10.

And what is its relation to a day of 23h and 54 min?

A day cant be measured in metrics because every day does't have the same duration (not making this shit up).
And guess what, days are slowing down too. When humans first walk over this earth, day duration was really different. Plus, what happen when humanity became a space civilisation, conquer other worlds with other day duration?

you cant have a base 10 time system when the rotation of the earth is base 12

10 is a terrible numeric base. 12 or 16 are both extremely practical compared to 10.

absolute fool
fool

And binary is superior to both in all the things except one, it's harder for humans...

Again, why do you want to divide time like that.
Pie takes 1/3 of an hours or takes 20 min, who cares. You don't usually use fractions to speak about any other metric. (1/5 of 1km? 1/6 of 70f?)

Where is that written?

Base 8 or bust

>but it's not divisble by 3!!!

Don't care, fuck you. Powers of 2 are ideal.

Wrong, learn base 2.

Lol

Hex is basically binary on roids

If you want binary that's readable for humans, use hexadecimal. Base 12 has the nice advantage that 3 is a factor too. You often divide things into thirds.

yes, base 12 is better than 10, what of it?

You also have a flawed understanding of logic:
changing to a worse system is different from changing to a better system. Because change itself has inherent flaws.

The whole point of measuring systems it to perform calculations on them. Let's say I want something to happen 3 times a minute at set intervals. 60/3 = 20. It's every 20 seconds.
If I wanted something to happen every 3 times every deci-minutes or whatever, it's every 3.333333333333333333333333333333333 deci-seconds--very annoying number to deal with if I just want to set something up quickly

Think of what could have been if humans had 60 fingers, bros...

i knew this was coming

Non-existing problem.
All of our current science and engineering is calculated in base 10, and even though we know that issue the advantages overshadow the drawbacks.

>And binary is superior to both in all the things
Why would binary be superior? We only use binary because our technology is built upon 2-state machines, but our brain is not.

based

The French already tried this a while back.

16, or even 8, would have been neat

why isn't base 24 than much more popular than metric system?

There are 8 spaces between fingers.

French were based for a couple of centuries

a base-12 metric system would be king. The practical divisibility of base 12 and the consistency of metric.

the french tried it a while back and it didn't work out too good
you can divide 10 by 10. can you divide 12 by 10?

nobody fucking counts like that, that's just some stupid internet meme

A day should be 86400000000000 nanoseconds.
It's 86400000000000 nanoseconds?
No, it's not.
IDK man, the main advantage of having a base 12 system is that it's easy to divide by head. Like you said.
I can't see humans using hex. Like, what is your age?
>eggteen

It' not good for dividing though. Base 12 is better for that.

no, fuck off with your soulless metric kike shit

Attached: 1637998552467.png (1097x1029, 106.8K)

>advantages
you mean adding 0 on the end when multiplying?

>eggteen
My fucking sides

>6h minutes
what the fuck is that even?

Attached: 6h-mins.jpg (511x310, 35.89K)