Worked on a construction site for 2 months for extra cash after high school

>Worked on a construction site for 2 months for extra cash after high school
>Back and every other muscle in my body ached like fuck after every day
>No energy for anything else, including rugby or liftin
>Joints were all stiff as shit, could barely hike longer than an hour
>Hands were bleeding and calloused
>Ears deafened from noise

Guys in construction/mining/fishing etc how do you guys cope longer than a few years? I could barely last 2 months and I'm an athletic, active dude.

I sit now in an air conditioned office, look out at people drilling in 30C heat without ear muffs and think they're in for some serious long term damage.

Attached: qs77hres-jpeg_custom-ddf3c2c2c093d3e80ad3b7e13c38f7da6a4e2d18-s1100-c50.jpg (990x1465, 228.19K)

must suck to work in a country with no workers laws. here in quebec, we got shit on so much by anglo corps, now we have an entire division of the government that investigates companies for safety issues and workers well-being. when you get fired, you call them up and theyll do an in-dept investigation on whether or not it was justified to fire you. wedont work outside when its too cold/hot, we have regulations on how much weight we can carry etc. those are workers rights, to not be treated like fucking slaves. its a business transaction: i do work, you pay me. just because you give me money, does not mean you own me, i can find someone else who will pay me.

>canadians hardly do any real work
>canada achieves nothing
did you have a point?

That's fine I own my own flooring company and don't mind getting paid cash and doing all the work solo since everyone is a pussy now. Nobody will learn to touch a table saw for $20 an hour Cash. Hardwood flooring let's my woman raise my kids without having to work. If Mexicans did good work I may have competition.

Attached: 1646605455959m.jpg (1024x768, 85.05K)

worked 16 hour shifts with travel in oil sands. you are a pussy.

>in Quebec
that sort of thing is pretty much Canada-wide

Its easy to fuck up an employer for stupid reasons if they dont follow labour code to the letter, but if you actually get hurt legitimately or have a repetitive stress injury, good luck getting WSIB to pay

delete this

I feel like death after 12

get in, get the cash you need, get out

anything else is just indicating poor planning

t.biting the bullet to save up for a prairie shitshack

Attached: 1459794757661.jpg (415x392, 51.37K)

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where "feed" and "seed" both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

Smoke weed to relieve yourself.

Avoid booze.

Hardest part with me with Construction was drunk immigrants that wouldn't shut the fuck up.

>I could barely last 2 months and I'm an athletic, active dude.
You were a child fresh out of school in an industry of men. Construction workers will work 8-12 hours a day on average and many will still hit the gym before or after work. Like anything you get into you have to build up to it, but you will never know because you quit when it got tough on your weak little body. Your only hope now is to make enough money to fill the void where your manhood might have been.

It's all good, I went to university and work as a banker now.

Drugs and alcohol. Not joking. The guys who do construction long term take stimulants and stay fucked up.

Well for starters I don't work out but can deadlift 500lbs. Right now working 10 hour days in a boiler room so hot that standing infront of a fan moving 90 degree air feels like ac on full blast. Think we're just built different.

the more deaf i am, the less i hear my nagging wife

You have to pace yourself, kid, I was you once long ago

>I'm an athletic, active dude.
You're fooling yourself. But it's ok to be modest You might think about modesty a bit more, it would helpful for you.
Now I would not wanna sit in some office like a girl all day getting girl hands behind a desk. To me that would be hellish.

Here we have a saying, you either work construction jobs for 2 months or for 20 years.

Attached: 1647054247432.jpg (1074x762, 71.24K)

Bro you're just a pussy and lying about being in shape. Fag

>Ears deafened from noise
Did your ears ever recover or are they still fucked?

I'm a united states seabee there is no job that cant be done that we cant do. Stop complaining and embrace the fruits of your work. Make create and copulate. Is my modus operandi

Attached: 2172021.jpg (307x307, 15.37K)

Ears are better now, it was years ago.

I've been a bicycle courier for almost 7 years now. I bike about 300km a week, rain, shine, and snow, even in blizzards where cars can't even move, in both 40c and in -40c. It's hard but you get used to it. It takes more than 2 months to get used to that but honestly, pray that you never do because when you do, you'll push yourself hard, hard enough to break your body and not notice until the damage is done. I'm only in my 30s but my body is falling apart and I look as if I'm 40. I'm Any Forums as fuck though

I did that shit for two years before the military, then three more as an independent contractor after. It was a joy to me, honestly. If you're that drained at the end of the day, you're not feeding your body right. Yeah, you're going to be exhausted after an especially hard day, but coming home every day and having no energy at all is more YOUR fault than the job.

I've worked in a lumberyard for over a year now and according to construction contractors my job is harder then their own, and therefore don't understand why we don't do construction or something. Only thing I can tell you op is that I come from a long line of brutal laborers and ww2 vets. Also the only people that last where I work are usually of Scandinavian descent or some kind of NW European admixture. But the first 6 months were pretty brutal on me but you get used to it, I lift usually twice a week but seeing as how I'm lifting lumber/shingles/sheetrock/osb I still get somewhat of a workout 5-6 days a week.

>Guys in construction/mining/fishing etc how do you guys cope longer than a few years?
now you know why most of the guys in construction are alcoholics and drug users
you have to self medicate your body and mind after the work
here in oz the miners are well known for getting on the crack pipe after a few weeks away
it can be good money but what's money worth if you have no life and fuck up your health?

>bicycle
Oh ok, got it now, you are a woman.