Why do people here insist that wind power isn't viable...

Why do people here insist that wind power isn't viable? It's currently providing >50% of the UK's electricity and it's not even very windy.

Attached: national grid power.png (1619x705, 109.44K)

Baseload.

You need to install as much gas and coal capacity as wind and keep it running because the wind stops sometimes and you can't tell when

Just have nuclear for some and pumped storage for the rest.

Because your shit country is literally dying.

Attached: dyinguk.png (844x565, 53.75K)

Retarded greens and leftists hate the word nuclear and retarded short-sighted conservatives won't invest in it.

Yep, we're on the same page there. Anti-nuclear greens are fucking retarded.
British governments completely fucked it by not building more nuclear plants after 1990 and letting our domestic knowledge and reactor designs wither.

That decrease is called energy efficiency user

Also, pumped storage, think about that.
We sometimes have a week without wind.
A week of energy for the UK is a fucking lot of energy and it needs to have been charged up first.
We simply do not have non-carbon baseline capacity and all the wind power shit is a distraction.

The blades are not recyclable. They are huge. Will require batteries which maybe you need to look at where they come from.

whatever helps you cope

Attached: kekuk.png (701x369, 19.21K)

>copium UK edition

Attached: copiumuk.png (527x391, 121.84K)

wind turbines and the hundreds of tonnes of steel require coke and other carbon based energy to just produce the steel. they will never produce the energy required to physically make the steel and mining of ores/coal, transportation of it all to production facilities and then the moving of the hundreds of tonnes of steel to installation sites. NEVER BECOME NET NEUTRAL TO THE COST TO PRODUCE THE USELESS STRUCTURES BEFORE YOU HAVE TO TEAR DOWN THE PIECE OF SHIT IN 20 YEARS OR SO IF IT DOESNT OUTRIGHT FAIL LIKE MOST. maintenence is also a bitch and lots of damage that is never mentioned. these are a meme. always have been. always will be. just like solar panels.

>UK
There's no such thing
>In all fields

Imagine having negative wage growth, in a dying country, before even factoring inflation or cost of living.
kek
Better build more wind farms with chinese goods

Attached: negativewages.png (799x564, 45.58K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220312-180654_Chrome.jpg (1080x2070, 1.13M)

>Why do people here insist that wind power isn't viable? It's currently providing >50% of the UK's electricity

No it fucking isn't

>reddit troon gibberish
you don't understand electrical generation, where will you store your power for when its insufficient?

I can't stop farting, it's destroying my life

Attached: 1643571109842.png (641x355, 211.35K)

What happens at night tho? You still need a nuclear or coal backup for all these fake and gay 'green' energy scams

Wind power only producers more energy than it takes to make wind power devices in a very select few locations. Furthermore, the prices of wind power is more expensive than the price of building the wind power devices. Now, price is less of a concern because, theoretically, if prices get high enough due to things like higher demand (electric vehicles), then it makes sense. The biggest issue is the Energy Return On Investment.

Currently, in most areas, between 1/4 and 1/3 of wind power facilities are paid for by subsidization. Without those subsidies, they would simply be a significant net loss.

Some of the most profitable companies use wind power because of these subsidies. For example, a Canadian companies, Algonquin Power and Utilities Corp is, by far, one of the most profitable companies of any kind on the market, far exceeding other utility companies due to these subsidies, and they admit this in their reports which break down costs and show that subsidies represent about 1/4 of the investment.

negative subsidies on offshore wind here lol

% of the UK's
great
now talk about how dozens of times a year you have to drop your pants and bend over to get the frogs to give you some juice when the windy wind isnt blowing

Attached: UK_FrancePower.png (457x839, 319.73K)

Negative subsidies? You mean they tax more than normal on wind power companies?

Also, offshore wind farms are one of the very select locations where wind power may work simply because there's little friction and strong onshore and offshore breezes due to the stored energy in waterbodies.

I've got my log burner on and it's toasty warm here. I've probably burnt £450 worth of wood all winter and if I wasn't do lazy I could go grab pallets from the local industrial estate. As if fucking electricity could keep me anywhere near as warm for the same price. Fuck off. This is a cold country and being warm is good. Reopen the fucking coal mines and let's go

A lot of that GDP is purely London financial bullshit, money printing and credit. The true picture is far worse

Because it's what the left wants. We don't want anything they want even if it's good

That's production. Look at consumption, UK may just be importing a shitload of power. Usually from France where it's ~80% nuclear.

Because right wing retards get their views regarding climate change from laughable propaganda outlets funded by oil moguls alla PragerU/Fox News.