STOP SAYING LITERALLY!!

It makes you sound like a fucking IDIOT!

Most people believe it or not, will take you literally! You dont have to add it to unmetaphorical sentences to emphasise that what you are saying is literal, we believe you!

Its like you are all either American teenage girls, or pajeets who learned English from watching the Kadashians. SHUT UP!

Attached: NPCS 2022.jpg (799x1024, 135.18K)

>strawman, the post

What about when it's literally appropriate?

Non-figuratively saged

Do you literally expect me to stop saying literally?
Literally?

I could of cared less before but now I'm gonna say it more to make him literally seethe

this is literally not a Any Forums thread-topic, fuck off to

Using literally as a hyperbole is completely normal and acceptable. Language follows the conversations, not the other way around.

L

I

T

E

Literally this!

R

A

L

L

E

Y

?

>it makes you sound like a fucking IDIOT!
look who's talking.

Hah, yea I've noticed in the past year people keep frequently saying literally. It's been driving me nuts the past few months. So I've been consciously omitting it from my speech and writing.

It's been hijacked by reddit and twitterfags, but still has a place for expressions of emphasis in normal communication, especially those that mock reddit and twitter psychosis.

literalism is a mental illness

What's been driving me nuts more than literally is people using "allegedly".

N

I

G

pple

Supposably

get the fuck out of here nigger

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 21.17.22.png (676x243, 39.92K)

nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

Usually articles that include a video of the guy actually doing x, then the journalist autistically wrote it as "allegedly doing x"

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (640x136, 7.74K)

It's a joke to use the word literally and unironically, it's kinda mocking liberals. I'm going to foort on your face.

You literally need to chill out.

Scratch that. Then you'd be cold.

>literally this
>this, literally this.

I know retard. Journalists do it for the sake of liability. After someone's been convicted they usually drop it. It's actually slightly preferable because they aren't implying everyone who is charged is guilty, whether or not they parade their likeness on everyone's TV.

Omg this is literally driving me insane, I just, like, HAVE to tell my pol friends!

i was thinking about this the other day. i believe the use of "literally" and "unironically" represents not a linguistic evolution of the English language but a metalinguistic or memetic evolution. i remember when i graduated college in 2010, everyone was talking about the shift from Hipster Ironic Enjoyment to "post-Irony" and "new sincerity." Now we are at least 2 waves past that, into some kind of post-postmodern "hypermodernity" or "metamodernity."

the reason people say "literally" and "unironically" so much (everywhere, but especially here) is a sort of tense marker or diacritic mark for the meaning of what they communicate. when EVERYTHING is self-referential to the point of inauthenticity being assumed all the time, then it becomes necessary to use these words to indicate that you are not communicating ironically, that you are not using words in a symbolic or figurative sense.

it's kind of like ebonics becoming the norm- communication evolves. but this is one level up from that, in the symbolic meaning that language is getting at. everything is fake, everything refers to something else, so in order to indicate that you aren't participating in that you LITERALLY and UNIRONICALLY have to use those words to communicate

>I was pretending to be retarded
ok leaf.

That's a reddit thing. Go back

Just wait till they catch onto "ostensibly"!

Typically abhorrent amerimutt reading comprehension skills.

Attached: Mutt literacy.png (1496x743, 101.88K)

Literally proud of you Frens