Microplastics - Redpill me

What is the evidence for microplastics and their effects? How worried should I be?
Is distilling my own water necessary? To what extent is it found in the foods we eat? Which foods?
I'll be reading everything, sources are appreciated. Thank you anons.

Attached: Microplastics.png (1200x1200, 839.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.1c01103
forbes.com/sites/scottcarpenter/2021/03/10/the-race-to-develop-plastic-eating-bacteria/?sh=450dc22a7406
pol.foundation/Free your mind and your soul.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/372434196312
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's enough microplastic in our atmosphere that snow is now flammable. Google it.

Distilling your own water and growing your own veggies are two great things you can do. Also, eat raw carrots.

>Mr. Soda Can, I don't feel so good........

the effects is the microscopic plastic that gets in you is can puncture cellwalls, killing some of the cells inside you when it gets in your system. there's so much plastic everywhere that's it's unavoidable, so we just have to deal with it

its poopy. they wreak havoc with your hormone system. recycling is a lie as the quality worsens for each time gg were doomed!

Thank you user, why raw carrots?

Does watering plants with microplastic water lead to microplastics in vegetables? If it's in the atmosphere, then it's in the rain.
Good info. Thanks.

Attached: 1613786738767.jpg (206x244, 12.2K)

Sauce?

This is nonsense, it does degrade down into endstage products. There are even bacteria that consume it.

pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.1c01103

i see so many websites from the flaky media that say plastic NEVER degrades, which you can probably attest for yourself, is complete nonsense, of course it does, its a complex compound and it will eventually resolve back into its base components one way or another.

Trying to find the real science for a second:

"Polystyrene has been routinely detected in the world’s oceans since the 1970s. The idea that sunlight degrades plastics is nothing new, Ward says: “Just look at plastic playground toys, park benches, or lawn chairs, which can rapidly become sun-bleached.” The WHOI study shows that sunlight doesn’t just cause the plastics to physically break down, however, it also causes them to degrade chemically into dissolved organic carbon and trace amounts of carbon dioxide, at levels far too low to impact climate change."

it seems inescapable
at this point I might start dry fasting once or twice monthly

Honestly I'm more concerned about the hormones that women piss into the water supply from their whore pills. But yeah microplastics are legit. I've been doing my damndest to avoid plastic in general.

The fact, and i say as a cast iron fact, that plastic does and will breakdown is attested to in the manufacture itself, virgin material which is new is both superior in its quality and longevity compared to regrind or recycled plastic, implying that the material has already undergone some kind of decomposition that distinguishes it in quality from a new piece for e,g

And that doesnt even cover the idea that bacteria are involved or that the decomposition will be accelerated with future technology.

forbes.com/sites/scottcarpenter/2021/03/10/the-race-to-develop-plastic-eating-bacteria/?sh=450dc22a7406

sci-fi solution. imagine if that were to end up even worse than what we have to deal with now

Yeah, definitely. But at the same time, i see even many conservatives falling for the idea that we're somehow going to live without plastics, they're in cloud cuckoo land and plastics are vital to modern industry.

Cool, so our environment isn't completely fucked.
Though I'm still concerned about short-term implications of consuming this stuff.
Thank you user!

Attached: 1514538862763.jpg (480x480, 39.43K)

>22 of the 24 products leaked substances that are linked to oxidative stress in the body. It is associated with diseases such as inflammation, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
>13 of the plastic products released substances that inhibit the effects of the male sex hormone testosterone, and can affect men's fertility
>One of the products, an dinner plate, let off estrogens. They are hormone-mimicking substances that act as female sex hormones. They can affect fertility in both women and men.

nobody uses plastic water bottles more than libs

so should we not halt production of plastic before we find a solution or just hope for the best???

Do not use liquid soaps that contain microplastics , that is, plastic beads, they are illegal here but they might not be in your country, try to switch to soaps that use organic material as an abrasive like cornmeal. swarfega for e.g.

Theres also many cookware ranges now that are phasing out PTFE coatings in favour of ceramic coatings etc. Personally i think the risk from cookware is overstated but you dont have to worry so long as you get a new frying pan without a PTFE coating.

Phthalates have also been phased out, which was a known endocrine disruptor and turning men into women.

Besides that, i would say youve basically reduced your plastic consumption to zero. There is no way for this stuff to get in your system in any meaningful way in a solid form unless its really small.

>risk from cookware is overstated
yeah if used properly, but people are retarded and use metal utensils on them or scour them to clean off baked on food, this is when it degrades and leeches into your food

second law of thermodynamics really

>Phthalates have also been phased out, which was a known endocrine disruptor and turning men into women.
Bisphenol A? Didn't they replace that with Bisphenol S, but as it turns out, it's actually a better endocrine disruptor making it worse?

PTFE is so slippery so long as you only use a mildly abrading sponge you wont take any coating off. You are right i would never use a proper metal scouring pad or steel spatula on a ptfe coated pan. I never did that, i always used plastic implements even before PTFE ones.

The degradation point for PTFE proper is about 650C, at which point your pan is going to start turning black or even glow from the intense heat. obvious a pan would never reach that temperature.

Im not sure, i havent looked into that but we are talking about groups of people who freak out over things even having PVC in them.

Cutting out ALL snacks and only eating 2-3 big meals per day will do more than exposing yourself to less plastics
Switching from vegetable oils to animal fats will improve your health thousands of times more than exposing yourself to less plastic
Doing 10 push ups a day will do more than exposing yourself to less plastic
Jacking off less will do more than exposing yourself to less plastic

Cutting out plastics is a "Last step" kind of thing, as it's the hardest to actually achieve. It can still help you and the environment A LOT though.

Isn't there water soluble non-plastic exfoliants now? Also I second this. Don't buy teflon cookware. Stainless steel is the safest you can get.

Do you think distilling my own water is necessary (funneling steam into a condensing chamber)? Or is it sufficient to just avoid plastic bottles and boil my tap water?

Very good sauce thank you.

Attached: 1617223378890.jpg (529x529, 55.32K)

pol.foundation/Free your mind and your soul.html

>There's enough microplastic in our atmosphere that snow is now flammable. Google it.
um i googled it and its been deboonked sweaty

im not that frightened of plastics, i've worked in plastics industry for about 10 years before now. And i know most of it (but not all) is fairly risk free.

I think its a step too far, but you could filter your tap water using a water filter like brita if you didnt like the taste of it. Youre going to be using alot of energy to do that by distilation as opposed to filtering it.

Use a stainless steel, double walled water bottle.

I use this one ebay.co.uk/itm/372434196312

>Im not sure, i havent looked into that but we are talking about groups of people who freak out over things even having PVC in them.
they replaced BPA with BPS to resolve the issues with endocrine disruptors but it just made it worse. PVC contains dangerous chemical additives including phthalates, lead, cadmium, and/or organotins, that leach out or evaporate into the air