Steam Power Vehicles

Ok Gentlemen. As gas prices continue to climb, what are the political implications of returning to STEAM POWER? This man in Brazil has made a very simple but effective steam powered vehicle powered by water and wood. What if we all had steam powered vehicles like this guy? What if we revived old 20's and 30's steam vehicle blueprints and used a much more readily available fuel?
Wood and water? This video is 8 minutes long but I can guarantee of you aren't a factor you will enjoy every second of it, as I did.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfGjIUeZR7g

Attached: 1646451993976.jpg (498x474, 35.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas
lowtechmagazine.com/site-map.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you aren't a faggot, not factor. Autojewrecct got me again, and once again OP is a faggot.

>steam
No. In ww2 people drive around with this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas

Only plausible in rural areas.

Enjoy the sky becoming of the same color than in China.

Nevertheless, I cannot think of any form of transportation more civilized than steam. This Brazilian man's steam powered vehicle looks simple enough that any somewhat capable engineer could make it. Can you imagine the seethe that the average combustionfag would experience when the see you puff by in one of these bad boys?

Attached: 1646886337941.jpg (338x527, 19.53K)

What do you mean? I know nothing of steam power, how would that happen?

We are going to live in a hybrid-age where half of it is cyberpunk and the other half is steampunk. There may be a smattering of dieselpunk thrown in.

I have mix feelings. It looks a great hobby project for someone living in a rural area needing some extremely casual transport (overseeing some crops, having a mechanzied walk around, checking some boring number in a display, whatever) regardless of the level of development of the country. The problem I see here is that is something relatively dangerous to handle and that will basically a poors mans transportation in rural environments.

Agreed. Imagine an intelligently controlled boiler with a hybrid furnace that is fuelled by both wood pellets and kerosene. Optimizing the burn rate would probably produce no more emissions than a modern diesel engine, and you could likely achieve at least a hundred miles per pail of pellets, or fifteen mpg with kerosene. Probably a range of 1,500 miles before needing to top-up the boiler. Best of all, no transmission required... just direct drive as seen in the video.

I agree with many points, and would also like to add that it doesn't look like it is powerful enough to challenge a hill. However, this is a simple homemade invention. 100 years ago we had steam vehicles large and small, with different capabilities. If we did as much development and research into steam power as combustion power, I think many of the problems you mentioned could be addressed.
Checked
See, these are the ideas I'm looking for. Excellent.
Ideally the fuel would not be limited to just wood. Coal could be used as well or any other burnable, even hay.

After an the collapse of society, these vehicles would be probably some of the only viable alternatives to combustion.

Appropriate technology. It’s a movement about recreating technology according to its context, but someone suggested it should apply also to high end technology, not only the lower end.

Can I get some bumps gentlemen? This thread is ripe for interesting discussions and is highly political. I argue it is political in nature because of petroleum prices soaring due to a fabricated war.
I shall continue to shameless self bump this until it either *AHEM* GATHERS STEAM or not

Attached: 1646450296496.jpg (600x909, 41.68K)

I did notknow about this term, I am already checking it out

Checked.
Exactly what I propose we discuss, my well spoken Brazilian contemporary. If he used a more complex boiler that was able to hold more pressure, adjusted the pipes to be able to withstand the pressure, maybe some offroad wheels, he could have a very capable offroading machine. I believe this could also be used to create more modern, asphalt based prototypes more geared towards city transportation.

If you don't know about this, check this site:
lowtechmagazine.com/site-map.html

it has great variety of content based on what this user was commenting (altough I did not know the term he used)

Attached: listing.png (1278x1642, 338.44K)

>STEAM POWER?
Just grow algae and make biodisel from it. Chlorella vulgaris is 50% oil.

Well, this thread may 404 due to a seeming lack of interest, but I will try to post it later again today, with more ideas about prototype vehicles, and some examples of steam powered vehicles at the height of steam power close to 100 years ago. I shall like a good OP, continue to post until this thread dies. Thank you gentlemen.

Okay, checking it out now. As much as I love internal combustion, the Jew does not, and wants to destroy the perfectly sustainable infrastructure dedicated to petroleum farming. Amid rising cost of Jewish owned oil, we must return to steam.

Oh shit b-bro are y-you okay?
Btw that sounds pretty interesting. biodiesel made from algae... Is this just a hunch of yours or is there any current examples of this?

Bump

Attached: 1646371309438.jpg (845x925, 62.89K)

>Oh shit b-bro are y-you okay?
More or less. Out of tap water for 3 weeks though. But I have 800 l storage tank.

>Is this just a hunch
Nope. There were some startups to make biodiesel, but from what I understand - they all switched to algae food additives for cattle, because it is more profitable then algae to biodisel. Still technology is there and it is simple - you take dried Chlorella, squieeze it with the press, collect oil and after that either make biodiesel out of it or use straight away if your engine allows it.

The downside is - this fuel will become jello when temps hit -3c.

I want steam locomotives to return. My autism demands it.

Attached: máv class 424.jpg (1000x563, 197K)