What are you doing to prepare for the collapse?

Hyperinflation is coming to Weimerica. King Dollar is on the way out. Fertilizer prices are going parabolic which makes industrial farming impossible. Fuel prices is going to make it worse. Food prices are going to go bonkers soon. The dollar losing reserve status will lead to starvation in America.

I just tilled a 7,500 sq ft plot on my property to build a garden. I'm going to plant potatoes, lettuce, strawberries, watermelon, carrots, broccoli, spinach, beans, lentils, onions, chives, sweet potatoes, spices, corn and much more. I'm going to lay drip tape and irrigate automatically. I may run fertilizer through the drip system for the first year or two while I establish the soil.

What about you? Have you done anything to prepare for what's coming?

Attached: farm-rows-with-assorted-kind-of-lettuces-554480977-5b3faade46e0fb00375f84dd.jpg (3435x2576, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FRwzjUgk7vM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kinda weird leftists are unironically supporting Ukrainian Nazis now

Growing a garden myself. Yours is pretty big, don't in know if I will be that lucky.

I plan on hunting and gathering.

Leftists have no objective morality, they are Sophists (the opponents of Socrates) which means they believe that:
1. Objective truth isn't real
2. Even if it were real you couldn't discern it
3. Even if you could discern it, it would be impossible to transmit your understanding to others

They were the original debunkers, they spent all their time trying to debunk Socrates. The Sophist Philosophers hated the Socratics, were utterly degenerate and believed the whole purpose of dialogue was essentially to release dopamine, since there was no truth to work towards uncovering.

This is why the modern sophists become "triggered." When one declares themselves triggered they are really saying "I'm not deriving dopamine from this experience, therefore something needs to change," i.e. the subject, your stance, etc. They do things for entertainment only. None of it is new and it's all so tiresome.

I just had a lot of space I didn't use so I decided to go big. Probably don't need it all but the first year's yield is usually low (so they say) and since I don't know what I'm doing I'd rather have too much space than not enough. I'm going to dedicate a whole row to watermelon just so the kids can eat it every day this summer.

>potatoes, lettuce, strawberries, watermelon, carrots, broccoli, spinach, beans, lentils, onions, chives, sweet potatoes, spices, corn and much more.
nigger, just get fucking chickens.
make a smaller garden and plant/buy some fruit trees, anything you want to plant is nothing compared to an egg.
also make a worm farm to feed your chickens, that + everything you don't eat are way better than any chicken feed you could find, anything they don't eat you give to the worms, their waste is fertilizer for the garden.

Attached: edited_Screenshot_20220312-173941.png.jpg (1080x599, 114.79K)

I was going to criticize you for not having enough land, like 90% of the retards on this site, but 7,500 is pretty decent. You should have plenty to sell/donate.

The only thing I'm good at.

Attached: fanning.gif (500x213, 1.04M)

I planted some seeds for my garden. I have water issues, so forage and poaching are more likely to keep me alive than my garden though.

so what's the solution? how can you let people like that run wild?

also how can you supplement fertilizer without knowing what the soil needs? you're just going to feed a bunch of weeds

I'm doing both. I have a huge space for chickens when I get the garden done. I already planted 16 fruit trees and over 100 berry bushes (because why not, we needed a hedge row and my property is big and we know the berry bush salesman so we got wholesale on them). I'm planning on planting at least another 12 or so fruit trees, I haven't measured them out yet so I'm not sure of the exact number. Will probably do some olive and nut trees mixed in. But those are long term plays, vegetable gardens have a much faster turn around.

I'm sending soil samples to my local extension office. I already have the baggies to collect it. It's $10 per sample for a full analysis, can't beat that.

>Olive trees
Wish I could have those, but I'm pretty sure my area is too cold.

>so what's the solution? how can you let people like that run wild?
Send your kids to a classical education school accredited by the Association of Classical Christian Schools. There they will learn how to think, they still study Greek and then Latin, they will learn Socratic dialogue, they will learn how to spot and defeat sophistry.

What water issues do you mean? You can irrigate with drip tape. If you plant square foot gardening (I'm not but if I was water constrained I would) and then you can buy drip tape with 12" emitters and it's very efficient watering.

Also for garden planning this software is incredible: youtu.be/FRwzjUgk7vM

I'm not excited about the work involved in making olives edible but the wife keeps asking me to plant some so I'll probably plant them and let them be herb project.

>herb
*her

I really wanna do this. Any tips for the auto drip watering system?

It's not a severe issue, it's mostly laziness on my part
I have a seep well that draws water from a creek, but in summer the water gets lower than the uptake. I have storage tanks, but they only last a couple of months so I tend to run out around August and the creek will stay low until winter.
It's a fixable problem, but I also don't want to have to purge creek sludge from my tanks so I usually just buy water for half the year.
But with a length of pipe and maybe a length of culvert, and I can dig the seep deeper.

Have planted a good bit of fruit trees blueberries I get about 8 gallons off 2 plants. Get chickens for fertilizer and they clean larger plants of insects. I recommend Rhode Island reds. Can handle drastic temperature changes and are a large bird Tough as nails as far as chickens go. we have such a high water table a root cellar is out of the question That’s the only down fall for me personally. Also it’s not stupid to go in with a few people and buy survival food in bulk and split it up. Way cheaper that way. Rake leaves and use leaves for potatoes. Start seeds every few weeks to have a longer grow season. Finding seed potatoes will become hard if your lucky organic potatoes might work. Any regular store vegetables will grow but will not reproduce so don’t waste your time. Definitely grow lots of greens spread them out in patchs. Collards beets leafy vegetables they go along way

Attached: 30D36761-529F-4F43-9519-96C9DC6ACC76.jpg (1024x533, 34.23K)

I've only set up drip tape for my blueberry hedge so far and I didn't add fertilizer to the feed, but if you Google "fertigation" you'll find information on it and honestly it seems pretty simple, it's just irrigation with an extra component. Irrigation equipment is surprisingly cheap.

I'm consistently shocked when I watch YouTube videos of established gardeners and they're carrying their water to their garden via watering cans to hand water everything. My goal is maximum yield with minimal effort. I have a lot of responsibilities outside of my garden so I can't be wasting time carrying water around.

Growing food on your farm is easy.

What is hard is to get a farm or land. It is super expensive. It shouldn't be.

Attached: 1636877423103.jpg (1080x1106, 63.68K)

>how can you supplement fertilizer without knowing what the soil needs?
The soil always needs the same things. More of everything works. Manure has everything you need in it.

>I recommend Rhode Island reds
Thanks user. I'm in LA (lower Alabama) can they handle that climate? Also I don't want a rooster, do they require one and are they good layers? Do they mess up your garden as they fuss about in it? I suppose it's inevitable I'm just autistic about organization but I'll have to get over it for gardening I'm thinking.

Start seeds every few weeks to have a longer grow season.
This advice is gold for someone with a large plot like me. I'm going to do this very deliberately.