Do college professors know they're frauds?

Question I've been thinking about a lot lately:

Do college professors in bullshit fields (Not STEM) know that they're teaching their students useless bullshit that won't help them land a job or are they so deluded that they think young people learning Women's Studies is actually vital for their future?

Attached: large_news1339268_1237976.jpg (960x540, 64.9K)

Probably a little of both, but most know it’s crap; someone gives you 150k/yr with benefits and a pension, you’ll teach whatever. The United States would be twice what it is now, with way better manufacturing, if we shed its current university system. The money that’s laundered through the Ivy League, you wouldn’t believe.

no because their egos are to inflated for self-awareness

it is extremely hard to get a solid teaching role as a professor and even harder if its bullshit. their position is enough to keep them quiet and keep things running

also although some are hired as teaching faculty the people that are really knee-deep into whatever they teach spend their time doing research but are required to teach a class as per policy. so they are in a completely different world of their own

>he thinks STEM isn't bullshit
literally the first thing that will be automated. Sorry idiot savants

All college has become bullshit because it's so divorced from the real world.

This. Lots of professors are adjuncts who are just getting a couple hundred bucks to teach a subject in the hopes that one day they’ll get “full-time”. They’re in the rat race list like anyone else.

Yes. Which is why they became professors.

I still have more respect for the guy who's studying engineering or programming or something with a practical real-world application that might get automated at some point than some cunt who demands to get paid because they have a degree in fashion studies or communications.

I was a physics professor until recently, I retired early due to wanting to spend the 401k they made me contribute to before it gets inflated away, and of course because universities got hyper gay and retarded in the last few years and I gave the fraudulent mandates the finger
Anyway, typical professors are deep in denial and too materially comfortable to challenge the disastrous course that universities have been on since the 70s
The interesting thing is that almost everything about our existing universities was codified in the 1950s (e.g. this is when the 1st edition of the textbooks were written, that are still used on their 20th edition)
The organization of departments and credits and major curriculums, it's only gone through minor changes since the 1950s
It was an amazing system when it was created, back when intelligence was valued and admissions were selective
Universities began to be strongly subverted by business people in the 1970s and nowadays intellectuals and free thinkers are not even welcome, they are bad for business
These institutions are way beyond fixing. Nobody in the younger generations think universities are smart, respectable, admirable place anymore. Collapse is inevitable as boomers die off and people realize theirs no reason to be beholden to the decrepit leftover corpse of their university system

most college professors are jewdiths....
make of that what you will

gotta get paid. you'd be astounded at the amount of shit you're capable of swallowing if means maintaining the lifestyle you know.

Mind if I ask you when you started? I'm sure things were fucked after the 70s like you mentioned, but have things gotten a lot worse in the last ten years or is that just me finally paying attention to things more closely? It couldn't have been this bad circa 2005 could it?

No they don't

If you gave up tenure over the mandates, I salute you, physicsfren. I can really feel that about how most professors are in denial about what their jobs are. It seems like it's about half nihilsts who just want to get paid and shuttle their grad students through, and half are midwits following the prevailing ideology to preserve some sense of their own importance.
The last two years have entirely ruined my perception of the university system in general.
Now I've spent half a decade working on a PhD I don't even want anymore. Oh well, it was sorta fun, I guess.

Theyre not being offered to teach "whatever" and just going along with jt retard. They're ideologues themselves and train their students to see the world exactly like they do.

Hes just making up lies

For 150k, tenure, and summers off I’ll teach a class on classical bingo or whatever.

I don’t believe a physics professor, or anyone over 20, would use the term “hyper gay”.

Yes and no.

They think they're contributing to "a better world" by "reaching students" and turning them into little lefty retards.

But they are also absolutely aware of their role in saddling these students with massive debt their pathetic degrees will never enable them to pay off.

Any "school of journalism" is filled with harpies and hacks who were forced out of the profession 10 to 20 years ago because it's collapsing. They know the world their students are graduating into has no jobs for them, and they (the professor) is playing a major role in their future poverty.

But they get to spend the last 10 years of their working life LARPing as if their job made a difference.

Journalism is a really good example because there's no illusion that they're training young people for the "jobs of tomorrow." There are no jobs now and are even less every single day.

It turns out that when you give someone a little bit of power, they're able to come up with all kinds of lies to tell themselves in order to keep it. This is true of all professors, bureaucrats, etc. that you'll come into contact with.

Attached: 1624492541726.gif (232x198, 217.66K)