Holy shit

This video triggered my autism HARD. I never watch the news, so that’s probably why the claims just immediately struck me as intentionally misleading.

Here’s the gist of the video.

Oil prices are not rising in the US due to insufficient domestic production or over-reliance on imported oil because:

1. The US now produces more oil than in previous years.
2. The US produces more oil than it imports.

Neither of these factoids, however, disprove the claim that oil prices in the US are rising due to insufficient domestic production of oil FOR USE IN THE US, which thereby leads to an over-reliance on imported oil.

In other words, it’s conceivable that (1) most domestically produced US oil is exported, and (2) a large enough proportion of oil used domestically in the US is imported (6.1 million barrels imported in 2021 compared to 11.2 million produced, according to CNN), which could thereby lead to price increases.

I looked it up. The US exported 8.6 million barrels of domestically produced oil in 2021. Therefore, if the US produced 11.2 million barrels in 2021, then 11.2 - 8.6 = 2.6 million domestically produced barrels left to use, versus 6.1 million imported…

Therefore, more than half of all oil used domestically in the US is imported. To say that this couldn’t lead to price increases, especially when there are disruptions in global supply chains for two years straight, and now a fucking war, is retarded.

I hate the antichrist so much it’s unreal.

twitter.com/tpostmillennial/status/1501717930136023040?s=21

Attached: FC250433-2799-4A95-8954-2A7AC705881A.jpg (750x871, 355.98K)

The news has been lying about damned near everything... They're losing power because of it.

The price of oil is set globally. It's the same price around the world (excluding things like subsidies and generally low transport costs) and the price is largely controlled by a cartel (opec) who will raise or lower their output to control the price. America has very little ability to affect the global price of oil using domestic production since it's such a small part of overall global production. As long as you use oil that can be traded globally to the highest bidder you are always dependent on producers and events around the world.

America produces twice as much wheat as it uses and exports the rest. Are wheat prices staying low?

People are crazy for watching this. A leftist told me "CNN doesn't lie, they're just anti-racist"

i heard that it was putin who controls the gas prices but joe Biden is a bitch boy on the world stage so he has to play second fiddle to Chadimir Putin.

>As long as you use oil that can be traded globally to the highest bidder you are always dependent on producers and events around the world.
Makes perfect sense

>it’s putin who controls the gas prices
Watch, this will be the next narrative

Imagine being such a fox news watching boomer that you think gas prices are a real issue.

>I never watch the news
Did you read that part? My point isn’t ‘muh gas prices bad, Fox good CNN bad’, I’m just wondering why there’s such a pressing need for CNN to so blatantly lie about it

I don't know how these people sleep at night. They are professional, pathological liars. It doesn't affect them at all. They really are demons of some sort.

CNN is worse than RT for state sponsored media

It’s just incredible to witness. I should’ve been numbed to it by now due to the thousands upon thousands of misleading COVID headlines, but it never ceases to amaze.

have you seen the movie Joker user?

kek, fuck off kid. I just paid $80 to fill up my wife's SUV a few hours ago. Gas has gone from $1.79 a gallon to $4.01 in like 3 years.. it's a huge issue for a lot of people and it will slowly raise prices on everything else as shipping companies have to charge more to move goods due to $5+/gal diesel costs. Fuck man, it's terrible. I've been seeing those "I did that" ice cream biden stickers on pumps all over my town for a year now.

where we are going having fake money in a bank isn't going to be a power move. lmfao.

This is a cope for having no money, plain and simple.

Where we are now, having fake money in the bank can buy you anything your heart desires.

There is entire teams of people shilling on Biden's behalf to try and save face.

The democrats will win again in 2024, but only because of cheating.

You really shouldn't be this poor. Have you ever considered earning more money?

At least RT is entertaining. CNN makes me sick.

they're jews or zogbots. it's a biological imperative to deceive the goyim at any and every turn. they don't even think about it or think they're doing something out of the ordinary or doing something reprehensible.

I feel like you didn't grasp the part where American oil/gasoline is sold globally to the highest bidder as well. So if the production is here or there you still end up with basically the same price

Gasoline is sky high around the world

Maybe you should get her on electric

61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
The only way for that amount of people to "earn more money" is for them to come for yours.

Do you want to keep telling them to earn more money?
Does that sound like a safe way to communicate?
Just a heads up.

So it’s bidding on US oil sold internationally that drives the domestic prices up?

>Bidenshills in denial over oil and gas prices

good leftist shill. make us hate the wealthy. bravo good bait. sometimes I like to act like I make 100k a year too.

There's no reason for any American to be earning less than $100K. Even right out of college, you should get a software engineer job for $100K+. It's no secret how to earn a lot of money in this country. If you chose not to do it for whatever reason, then that's your own fault.

i make $200K a year

Because if that’s the case, then CNN’s framing the debate as if production matters very much at all is even more dishonest than I initially thought…

Get real faggot

I don't understand the question.

It's the total global supply of oil and the total global demand of oil that matter.

Where it is produced is irrelevant because they will import from or export it to whoever makes them the most money

Dobt listen to this guy.

Move to a fairly large 'liberal' city and work in a professional trade (electrician, plumber, hvac.) and maybe even join a union. Youll be making $40+/hr if youre willing to put in the work. Software jobs are a meme and can easily be outsourced but fortunately mexicans and africans still cant be trusted to wire a condo to save their life.

Don't you just hate jews bro? I fucking hate jews

Trollin ass nigga

It's true. I work a remote job and live in a very walkable area so I don't even own a car. I'm living the millennial dream

now do 2019

Are you fucking retarded? Do you think companies are paying what they should in any industry?

it's quite simple honestly. Ever since the Biden administration took power, both UAE and the Saudis have been distancing themselves from the US and have instead reached out to the Chinese and the Russians. They are now playing both sides to see what kind of guarantees they can get. Check the UAE's declarations from yesterday and today, they first announced that they will increase the supply to ease out the costs then they 180'd and announced that the prices will remain the same (which helps out Russia). The Biden administration has fucked up its foreign policy so much that it now has to go to Columbia to beg them for oil, topjej

I work in tech. I know for a fact that they are.