Given all the geopolitical happenings as of late

Which language would be the most advantageous to learn right now and which would be the most valuable to know in the event of WWIII

Attached: 0E849D30-C2DC-4ACE-8357-B336A741758E.png (512x512, 31.21K)

chink

For gringos: Spanish and Portuguese. You're about to get conquistado, perra.

My biggest regret is that I never learned to speak Spanish.
Maybe next lifetime...

Attached: 1619408034168.jpg (225x225, 13.41K)

chinese and russian, but we all know amerisharts are incapable of even learning spic

Turkish

>duolingo
>learning

>which would be the most valuable to know in the event of WWIII
English
>Which language would be the most advantageous to learn right now
Depends on what you want to do:
Spanish - most speakers globally and most useful businesswise
in the United States.
Chinese - The Chinese are poised to dominate the global market. Do you really want to work with Chinese though?

The real answer is whatever language you actually want to learn. If you're going to be sinking 600 hours minimum of your time into learning something, you should just enjoy it.

Navajo

That's how amerimutts encrypted their ww2 communications because very few people can translate the language

welsh

Attached: Daffodils-and-Welsh-castle.jpg (1185x474, 619.76K)

I never learned to speak it either. I took French for 6 years and I retained fucking none of it

>The real answer is whatever language you actually want to learn. If you're going to be sinking 600 hours minimum of your time into learning something, you should just enjoy it.
Eh, depends.
The amount of effort it takes for an English speaker to learn Japanese is the same as the effort it'd take them to learn basically all Western European languages.

If you're in STEM, consider learning Latin or Greek.

use it or lose it

Irish

Attached: 1854C775-039E-4A41-86DF-69157B9FA421.png (382x390, 142.45K)

From scratch? No probably not but as a refresher it’s better than nothing

That’s basically what I’ve come to realize. I took Russian in college and that sunk in much more for me even though I only took it for 2 years. I just don’t think I was destined to ever speak French.

I did their Navajo course because it was short and finished all the lessons at least once. Besides being so short that it's useless, it's probably the worse course on Duolingo, and totally useless and unfriendly for learners. No grammar is taught and the audio is sometimes not there.

Hebrew

Like Gaelic?

Huh both the languages I've learned mentioned already, didn't expect one of them though.

Pimsleurs is good for building a solid foundation.

spanish & mandarin

i can read your threads but i dont know how to speak english holy shit