How strip malls and big oil killed America (or why it's good that gas prices are up)

>big oil lobby have cities redesigned around automobiles
>this creates lots of dead real estate in the form of wide roads and parking lots
>things become spread far out and travel times stretch
>as a result cars stop being a luxury and start becoming a necessity
>consequently, lots of traffic is created
>at this point everybody would much rather take public transportation rather than sitting in traffic
>except you can't because our public transportation system was dilapidated while we divested from it in order to invest in car-centric urbanism
>our trains are slow and small because they're a century old
>our streetcars were removed to make room for automobiles
>housing ended up becoming so expensive because the only thing you're allowed to build is detached single family homes
>you get a lot of homeless people as a result
>those homeless people end up filling up the trains and buses,
>so nobody wants to take public transportation
>traffic becomes even worse
>meanwhile our industry leaves for China because China has much better infrastructure to serve them
>our civilization dies :(

And this is why I'm not crying over gas prices. Maybe that will make us change our ways.

Attached: United States of Parking Lots.jpg (1250x970, 581.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFRqDJioeFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

niggers and jews killed America

You're literally wrong about everything.

Enlighten us master manipulator

I don't argue with Chuds.

Fuck cities.
They make you mentally ill so you can fit in with the other idiots.

You don’t argue at all

/THREAD

>housing ended up becoming so expensive because the only thing you're allowed to build is detached single family homes
Housing is much more expensive when built densely and when people are unable to drive to cheaper areas

It's because of all the chuds.

>things become spread far out and travel times stretch
This was done for military reasons. Reduce population density and now you need more nukes to hit the same number of people.

Or you’re just dumb, that’s my takeaway.

>yes, laowai! leave industry to China! heh heh, stupid laowai...
Fuck off, Chang!

You are out of your mind. Unlike Europe, America grew up with the motor vehicle. You can't suddenly undo that and live in quaint cobbled villages where your workplace is 2 miles from your front door.
All you are basically saying is you are fine with blue collar workers getting ass raped even more because you live in a city and your job comprises of pushing keys on a laptop so you aren't affected by this.
I hope you get forced to work shifts in a coal mine.

>1 post by this ID
Stop bumping this garbage.

Maybe it’s because residential developers buy cheap farmland and convert it into shitty subdivisions. Your theory is just a side effect.

People's mind are affected by if their looking at something beautiful or ugly. And capitalists have turned everything we look at into black tar and concrete and our minds suffer because of it.

>can't suddenly undo
Just stop building out and start building up, retard.
>defending urban sprawl is standing with blue collar workers
You're a total retard.

I won't live in your nigger infested hell hole your family should be killed and so should you.

Fucker there is no industry in America that is in are worthless nigger hives. I want Russia to nuke your nigger hive.

>>our trains are slow and small because they're a century old
zoomer with brain eaten by commie memes detected
small dicked euros cant even imagine such power:
youtube.com/watch?v=TFRqDJioeFQ

Sounds like something a chud would say.

Op is a nigger. Op is also a faggot.

>80mph
Thanks for proving me right.

Are these chuds in the room with you right now?

idk only america city design is so retarded

>80 MPH
How tone deaf are you?