If Jonah was a prophet, why is there no religion based on him or on worshiping him...

If Jonah was a prophet, why is there no religion based on him or on worshiping him, no documents containing his revelations etc? Same can be said about most of the other so-called prophets in the Bible.

Attached: Jonah.jpg (900x667, 824.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism
bible.com/bible/547/jhn.1.19-29.KJVAE
bible.com/bible/547/isa.40.10.KJVAE
youtu.be/vJFOXC1S6cQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can say it about WAY MORE historical people.

>No religion based on worshipping him
Goes explicitly against the teachings of all of the Old Testament prophets
>No documents containing his revelations
Like a book of the Bible?
>Flag
Ah, OP is a Muslim.

An adulterous generation asks for a sign, but they will get none except the sign of Jonah. Anyone wise enough to know who said it?

All I know is there is a religion which has John the baptist as their primary prophet. And then Moses with the Torah.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism

And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Eli´jah? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that Prophet? And he answered, No. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said,
>I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness,
>Make straight the way of the Lord,
as said the prophet Isaiah. And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Eli´jah, neither that Prophet? John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; he it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe-latchet I am not worthy to unloose. These things were done in Bethab´ara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:19-29 KJVAE
bible.com/bible/547/jhn.1.19-29.KJVAE

>worship a man
>not God

Being a prophet did not mean starting your own religion. Being a prophet meant that God used them to give a message to either a person or a nation that if they did not change their ways, judgement would come. However, if they changed their ways, blessings would come. Jonah wasn't claiming to be starting a new belief system, he was acting as a messenger for the God of Israel.

NOW is the acceptable time, NOW is the day of salvation
> this is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent [John 6]
nations that refuse to serve the King are destroyed
> And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [Matthew 3]
repent and serve God or lose even what you think you have
> Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have. [Luke 8]
do not be ashamed
> Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. [Mark 8]
do not be afraid
> He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. [Rev 21]

Attached: 1636107662998m.jpg (906x1024, 212.26K)

That would be Jesus

what is christianity

Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
Isaiah 40:10 KJVAE
bible.com/bible/547/isa.40.10.KJVAE

Attached: Stages.jpg (470x960, 96.5K)

The worship of God through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Jesus is God incarnate

A prophet is not a prophet if he didn't bring revelations to the people, either written by himself, or by someone who heard him or someone who wrote it down after it had been preserved as oral tradition. What do you define as "message" by a prophet?

I never said that, retard.

>things have to be written in order for seeds to be planted and watered

It doesn't have to be written, retard. But it had to have been at least spoken. And that's the topic of the thread. How come none of these speeches are recorded, didn't give rise to a religion etc. Retard.

> 40 years and judah will be overthrown

Attached: jonah-booth.jpg (1101x809, 442.46K)

Could be said about any prophet, but they don't. Learn to read retard.

Retard. Address the topic or fuck off.

fuck off spammer

Jesus is God
youtu.be/vJFOXC1S6cQ

>Could be said about any prophet
Wrong, there's only one messiah promised, and precisely zero besides Jesus make the claim.
Man Muslims are so fuckin stupid

Nice the jews are here now