VDV bros

why do we keep losing?

seriously though aren't these guys supposed to be elite? are they just doing doing a good job deploying them? whats going on here Russiabros?

Attached: SOLDAT2.jpg (1594x858, 113.19K)

*are they doing a bad job deploying them?

Their job is to parachute into heavily defended areas while getting shot at

well i dont know anything about war, but that seems silly, no?

There's a reason Germany stopped using paratroopers after they almost failed to invade Crete. Airborne drops only work against 3rd world shithole countries and even then it's questionable

I mean they took the airport too bad the ukies shelled it literally destroying the runway and the chad plane

>D-Day
>Operation Market Garden (most of it succeeded, just failed to take the one bridge that really mattered)
>Operation Varsity
Bruh what are you talking about

WRONG
THEY WORK
JUST STOP DROPPING THEM WITHOUT AIR/TANK SUPPORT...RETARDS

WE LOST 2 TANKS IN D.S.

THE IVANS HAVE BEEN COOKED ALIVE OR SHOT WHILE TRYING TO GET IN/OUT OF SAID 200+ TANKS

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T USE BLITZ / ZERG '''SOVIET''' TACTICS OR YOU SLAUGHTER YOUR MEN, GO 50+ MILES AHEAD OF LOGISTIC GIVING THE ENEMY WEAPONRY... THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST CHECHEN WAR'D THE ENTIRE SITUATION BUT THEY NOW HAVE TO DO THAT ANYWAY... EVERYDAY / HOUR THAT GOES BY IS LIKE HITLER IN RUSSIA... IT ISN'T GOOD... FOR ANYONR INVOLVED... GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE...

Attached: 1605594590730.jpg (749x736, 61.69K)

>seriously though aren't these guys supposed to be elite?
No, they are supposed to be aggressive shock force. Sort of like American marines.

Also whats up with this meme? I havent seen any major fuckup on their part.

I know it might sound cheap to say, but Russia is simply not committing enough soldiers to the invasion of such a large country.
How many are there in total? 180k? Now go check how many soldiers liberated the Ukraine during WW2

Attached: 16047736.jpg (533x355, 20.93K)

It's just idiots saying "Russia lost so many VDV guys hurr durr." Air Assault forces have one of the most dangerous roles in the military with a very high casualty rate when pitted against forces of similar quality. It takes a special kind of man to want to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft into enemy territory while being lightly armed, no tank or artillery support, and surrounded on all sides by hostile forces.

>10 days, no major cities
Sure p, no fuckups

God I hate commies.

>3 operations against a weak 1944/1945 Germany that's successes are still debated
Yeah I think it's safe to say division level airborne drops are dead

very dead vlad

>10 days is a long time
kek

On part of VDV, not Putin. Of course Putin fucked up.

airborne drops work fine for securing vital infrastructure before the enemy can destroy it just ahead of your advancing forces. bridges, for example, capturing a bridge and holding it for the 6 hours it takes your tanks to get there is a perfectly good use of paratroops. capturing an airfield and securing it long enough to get artillery and armor airlifted in is quite a bit sketchier but not unreasonable if you know the enemy doesn't have much in the way of air defense in the immediate area (e.g. operation northern delay). but doing so when the airfield is heavily defended and swarming with manpads is simply a way to dispose of an unwanted paratrooper regiment.

Paratroopers are good if you can catch the enemy unprepared, and take an area quickly. But if they don't get the job done in the first strike, they'll "die on the vine" unless they get resupplied somehow, or abort the mission and leave. If the enemy holds, airborne troops are in serious danger--that's why they're mostly used to soften up a target right before the regular army rolls in.

I saw it myself in 1993 at NTC maneuvers in the California desert--the 101st dropped in, but ended up running out of ammo and water, and had to call off the exercise because there were so many heat casualties.

Maybe this is a way of ethnic cleansing your country? Start a war, send all the undesirables to die under enemy fire, end the war?

Attached: 1585.jpg (680x378, 27.05K)

Std is vdv? Is it similar to dvd?