A few weeks ago I asked about my late dad's extensive Civil War collection and magazines dating back to the 70s...

A few weeks ago I asked about my late dad's extensive Civil War collection and magazines dating back to the 70s, thanks to you guys, I how have 150 books and over 250 magazine issues cataloged. I hope I can make my dad proud.

Attached: CIVLWARTIMES.jpg (2000x759, 498.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diybookscanner.org
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/02/diy-book-scanning-is-easier-than-you-think/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice, user.

Not sure what do next, donate the ones I wont read? archives the maginzes to pdf and sell the physicals to collectors? Every book and magazine takes up two 3'wx7h' bookshelves

Attached: file.png (1911x916, 83.41K)

you should consider uploading them to
>archive dot org
>magzdb dot org
it is really important to keep these publications archived

That's great, fren

Is there an ideal type of scanner for this time of thing? does the binding get permanently destroyed? most of them are staple bound buy from 2008-2012 are saddlestiched

>Is there an ideal type of scanner for this time of thing?
yes. it is pretty simple and made with a camera.

>does the binding get permanently destroyed?
no, they just take a photo from it.

diybookscanner.org

Thanks brazil but I only have one camera, and were looking at 5000+ pages to photograph which would take months to do by hand

there are various models you can find online. some more automated than others.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/02/diy-book-scanning-is-easier-than-you-think/

this one does 150 pages per minute

and uses one camera

correction: this one uses two, but there are ones that use just one.

You should scan them and post a torrent. Anons would seed it indefinitely.

My one regret is not photographing every page of my "Rhodesian settlement guide"

Dont be like me user....

OP actually delivered. Today you are not a faggot and your dad is smiling down upon you from heaven.

thanks bro

Those are good magazines, I've read through them before. Did he have any artifacts like guns, or uniforms?

he had a bullet he found back at Gettysburg battlefield dirt in the 70s. Not sure if was allowed to take it but he did.
Later on he built a 4x8 tabletop battlefield with hand painted soldiers tracks and ditches and dirt. sadly it was destroyed when i was a little kid so i never got to enjoy it

Attached: 1989 - (May Dec).avi_snapshot_00.46.56.698.jpg (1087x950, 86.68K)

Good job user I remember the thread

your dad sounds based. I wanna drink moonshine and wargame.

Attached: 1644904450750.png (590x590, 500.03K)

They used to let people dig the bullets up, then they started charging them to dig their own bullets up. It's pretty strict now, I don't think you can dig up anything at Gettysburg anymore. There's lots of other battlefields around though. Bullets are easy to find, I have a couple of opposing bullets hitting each other and fusing together.

he was a cool guy. i miss him