As time showed...

As time showed, the real reason for the grates soldered on top of Russian tanks wasn't actually for protection against javelins but to prevent the crew from escaping.

Attached: photo_2022-03-05_14-46-41.jpg (833x719, 70.49K)

then how do they get in retard

They are born inside

it's an umbrella to keep the tank dry you retard

Just one of those ERA blocks going off removes cuck cage. Although I saw a pic today showing the ERA panels to be full of cardboard egg cartons, so who knows?

this

"Despite all my rage I am still just a Bylat in a Cage!"

Attached: 1645992370637.jpg (1024x768, 191.87K)

A few metal grates won't stop a javelin.

>Although I saw a pic today showing the ERA panels to be full of cardboard egg cartons, so who knows?

wat

inverse squared rule, plus javelins are not magic, there are instances of javs hitting tanks and nothing happening

Attached: 1332049489728.jpg (153x240, 19.08K)

oh man you missed out on a good dead ruskies thread this morning.

Are there any scale model tanks with this style of.. cage?

Attached: tank wagies.jpg (1170x775, 693.14K)

nature really is beautiful

Correct, it's why they're designed to protect from loitering munitions, everyone who assumes these are to protect against Javelins are retards

It keeps molotov's and shrapnel off the turret gunner.

It would probably work if it was strong enough to withstand the kinetic energy of the missile.

Are tanks obsolete because of how many things that can counter them?

Pics of Ukes opening up some blocks and they were full of cardboard eggs cartons. I don't know what else to say.

nice. steel cages and then the ERA will negate a javelin or nlaw.

Well, no. You have to remember that the goal of most war is to obtain things by forcing a route. Tanks are mobile route inducers. It’s kinda like the reason you don’t produce GIGA TANKS is because they wouldn’t be much better function wise while being less mobile and more expensive.

Yes. Artillery can do what they do but better, and APCs can carry troops.

It always finds a way.

Attached: cute-pepe-cute.gif (498x477, 1.7M)

this is some shed-17 type shit. people getting genetically binded into tanks will be the next generation of warfare.

Attached: project g1.gif (1000x558, 3.93M)

My sides

That’s fucking stupid. Artillery cannot take ground. APCs suck as mobile weapon platforms.

This is like saying soldiers are obsolete because you get more kills from air support.

The /k/ thread said that the egg cartons were vibration dampers and the charges were missing meaning that
A) they were already looted
B) they weren’t expecting to invade a country and were doing “demonstrations” with inert ERA pouches
C) Russia is too poor to actually fill the pouches with ERA

I think option B is most likely the case given how many POWs have said that they were unaware of the invasion until they were in Ukraine

thomas evolved

There are only 300 javlin's in the ukraine. Many more Stugna-Ps.

>solder
Is no one going to mention how OP is a massive faggot?

THE LAST COMMAND
>Keith Laumer C 1967

Attached: bolo3.jpg (303x493, 42.24K)