The Russian gold meme

>** First off before I start yes Gold has Value and yes could be used as money *after a complete economic collapse.* **

A few anons yesterday were screaming that Russia should go to the gold standard and today Russia has made the "threat" of going to a gold standard but I'm going to explain why Russia cant do it and it is a fake threat trying to scare western powers.

It very easy, they dont have enough gold to do it!

Russia has 60,000,000,000,000 Ruble (60 Trillion) in the Russian economy.

America, China and Russia all lie about how much gold reserves they have because they secretly sold most of it and class un-mined gold within the county as *reserves.

I'd guess Russia mite have around 500 tonnes of gold in reserves in reality. (Not 2500 tonnes they currently claim)

500 tonnes into kg = 500,000 kg of Gold

So;

60,000,000,000,000Ruble (60 Trillion) / 500,000 kg of Gold =

120,000,000 rubles per kg of gold.....

HAHA They cant do it!

Attached: Not that much gold (Russian reserves).jpg (1920x1279, 793.51K)

>I'd guess Russia mite have around 500 tonnes of gold in reserves in reality. (Not 2500 tonnes they currently claim)
>If I make up my own numbers, the math won't work

are you dumb? they can just create a new currency and revalue all goods....

If it’s pegged to gold, wouldn’t that currency be fucked if the value of gold is manipulated?

This

OP is a dumbfuck. China and Russia were hoarding gold exactly for this purpose.

The value of gold can't be manipulated cuz every time gold dips in value, Indians and Chinese buy it up and hoard it. It will always be valuable and stable.

>I'd guess Russia mite have around
there's your problem and your bullshit right there.

You don't even need that for gold to do its magic, as far as I understand.
You just need to say
>at any time you may exchange X currency for Y gold
And fucking uphold that. That's it.

>mite
Boomer chavs should be killed on sight.

Okay cunt show me the gold! (OP pic is all the gold reserves they have.)

Does that look like fucking 2500 tonnes to you?

>Revalue everything overnight
Yay cause that can just happen and wont crash the entire economy... fucking morons.

Theoretically, but gold is still 2000 dollars an ounce even though the gold markets are massively spoofed and manipulated to hide inflation. If there was a surge in demand for physical gold it could only be hidden so long because that gold has to actually be delievered.

It would also mean that exports would become more expensive because of gold being de-inflationary.

the value of gold on the exchange and the real value of gold are to different things it could be manipulated if they somewhere had a hidden mine with so much gold that it would be so common as water

It would also mean that Russian fuel exports would be more expensive.

To lighten the mood, lets play a game on what type of Ukrainian refugee GF you'll get.... [Hard mode]

Rolling........

Attached: Rolling game.png (2160x1024, 1.66M)

Russia going to a gold back currency would cause massive jew butthurt around the world. The kvetching will be fabulous.

Typical for little righty whitey chud troglodytes to hoard rocks like the cave lizards they are. They just can't handle the fact that the USD is the greatest god given currency on this green Earth and that's backed by the powers of democracy, love, and women's sexual feminine energy.

Enjoy your shiny rock cave chuds. Everyone here in the civilized world will be having sex and touching grass instead

Get off here you inbred island monkey. Your arguments are fucking stupid and youre a fucking jackass. Go eat some canned beans poor fuck

hope this doesnt fuck up the gold fix and futures market hahahahahahahahahaha

expect a libya 2.0

Too bad Russia has nukes. But there is a possibility that Putin might die of a mysterious illness.

Shill you sound scared as fuck. You don't have any gold do you?

>OP pic is all the gold reserves they have
And my pic is all the brains you have. Most people stop making up ridiculous shit by the time they are 12.

>I can prove it
>Its very easy
>They lie and its secret so dw
>Proof

>Show me the americans reserves
>Show me the Russian reserves
>Show me the Chinese reserves

You cant because they dont exist to the extent they say they do.

What are you talking about spic boy?

Yes but no.
>Hahaha, we sold a bunch of paper contracts, artificially inflating the perception of supply and lowering the value of gold!
You mean you made gold cheaper than it ought to be?
>Yes! Your currency is worthless!
So it takes twice as much of 'currency' to buy the same goods?
>Yes! You are poor now!
So my goods can purchase twice as much currency? and my currency is gold?
>Yes(?)
Ok, we'll trade some of our goods for cheap gold. We get twice as much gold for our goods. Pay up retard.
>Wait, you can't do that!

Russia has been buying up gold for the sole purpose of softening sanctions. They have as much gold as they say they have. 2500+ tons and maybe another 500 or 1000 on the ground as ore. Russia has 70 trillion dollars worth of natural resources. The world would need them at some point. That's why USA is trying to breakup Russia by having another collapse. They don't want to pay Russia for their natural resources and make her stronger.

>just show me, some random nobody on the internet, the most importand and guarded place in the country
Come to russia and we will :^)

large speculators aka 4 biggest american banks were adding short positions since February. Even if you tried to short squeeze them you can expect a major leg down for them so they can close out

Seriously, though.
Wouldn’t changing to a gold currency fuck with the Russian fuel and gas exports?
Pegging to gold means the ruble would increase in value continuously because gold is a limited resource, which means oil and gas from Russia would cost more than when buying from the competition.

It has to be exported by receiving payment in a combination of gold backed ruble, straight barter/exchange of goods and foreign currency payments.

I was actually thinking about the opposite.
See:

>They don't want to pay Russia for their natural resources
Not what they're saying

Attached: 342324324.png (1799x1592, 864.45K)

>England proving once again why it won't let its own people handle the banks.

Attached: download.png (210x240, 9K)

I'm talking about resources other than oil. Russia's mineral wealth is massive. It's a country with almost the surface area of a dwarf planet like Pluto and with Ukraine it will be even bigger. Resources of the future like rare earth metals are going to be the new oil.

gold backed currency = the rub/gold exchange is flat. But the Rub would still be valued against other currencies so they would have to either buy/sell RUB or buy/sell Gold to keep the exchange flat. You need a functioning economy to do this. And even if they tried to do this chinks would just take gold for payment instead of rub if teoretically they have the same value for russia

Okay fine lets pretend they do have 2.5 tonnes of gold... (They dont) but lets pretend.

60,000,000,000,000Ruble (60 Trillion) / 2,500,000 kg of Gold =
24,000,000 rubles per gold kg

Does not work.

Us British show off our gold because it exists. You only hide it from view because it does not exist.

And again I advice people to buy gold and silver but what I'm saying is it would be impossible to swap to a gold standard without Russia economy fist collapsing.

Long run maybe it would be better for Russia but... who the fuck knows.

Well that is why the Russians made this fake threat to destabilise the west a little while the war is still on going.

Attached: ....png (1919x2909, 95.49K)

>Resources of the future like rare earth metals are going to be the new oil.
That's not any better

Attached: 5432435433452.jpg (736x435, 46.49K)

Yeah, I don’t understand how you can integrate a gold-based economy with a fiat-based one.
Russia will end up having to use gold proper instead of the gold-pegged ruble.