How does the boomer brain interpret this headline...

How does the boomer brain interpret this headline? Do they unironically think that millennials are spending tens of thousands of dollars per year on avocado toast? Does that really seem like the most logical explanation for this?

Attached: 50B9F2D7-2531-4573-BC50-A906370D3DDC.jpg (1125x1363, 809.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2021/01/11/just-39percent-of-americans-could-pay-for-a-1000-emergency-expense.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes. user this the only explanation.
ignore you must live, ignore you must get housing ,ignore you must get utilities.

More pertinent

Just 39% of Americans could pay for a $1,000 emergency expense

cnbc.com/2021/01/11/just-39percent-of-americans-could-pay-for-a-1000-emergency-expense.html

This is a bit fucked up because it means a dead car/medical bill could make you homeless.

Democrat or Republican you are not helping much here.

>28
>made less than 30k last year
>mortgage
>car
>8yo kid
>almost 10k saved up over the course of years
Why are millenials sp bad with money?

Even I know America well enough to know if you're making 100k you can live comfortably. Some Americans make 15-20k a year, I've been following a guy on Youtube who earns min wage.

Avocado toast, gaming computers, flatscreen TVs and PlayStation 5s, iPhones, $2000 a month on rent to feel the hustle&bustle, OnlyFans subscriptions, intravenous onions green, BLACKED subscriptions, donations to BLM, Israel and their favorite politicians, Marvel merch, LEGO, Star Wars figurines, t-shirts with superheroes, tens of thousands of dollars in student debt for a degree in a field they do not even work in, $5000 a month to feed their fat wife and her 3 suspiciously brown sons, and a gift for Bryan's Borderlands-themed wedding party this Wednesday.
Yeah, might actually be the expenditure.

Except if you make that much you're more likely to live where it's not enough.

The main thing is that many people making c. $100K choose to MASSIVELY over-pay on rent by choosing to live in high-rent areas. The median monthly rental price is over $3,000 per month in several markets, including Boston, San Francisco, New York, and LA. $40,000+ per year on rent alone is a bad deal unless you making significantly more than $100K. The lesson is to live in a cheaper market.

Attached: Los Angeles.jpg (2835x2259, 1.68M)

I make $30k/yr and rent a 3 bedroom house by myself. Have two cars that are paid for and have zero debt. Most people are just retarded with their money. They eat at restaurants everyday instead of cooking from scratch. They go to bars a couple nights a week and spend $100 per night. It's just dumb spoiled child behavior.

That 50% is living in NYC, Seattle, etc. 6 figures isn't all that much in a place like manhattan

Yeah this is just being bad with money and buying shit you don't need.. or I think possibly when surveyed there are leading questions that trick people into saying they're living paycheck to paycheck when they're not ...

My gf and I make half of that combined and I'm still saving money

Then stop simping, faggots.

Attached: this is why you are poor.png (1174x918, 1.27M)

based norway

>make 26k a year
>live in my own apartment
>car paid for
>zero debt
>50k in savings
>$1300 a month leftover after bills are paid

What are these fuck ups doing wrong?

The logical explanation is that mass immigration, outsourcing and inflation fucks over the people just trying to work.

yes
t.hird worlder who lives on like 5k a year

They got scammed into living in city hell holes.

>Be my coworker
>Scared of driving
>Live in big city where we work
>Use only public transport
>Pay 3700 a month in rent for a place that lets him keep his dog
>Almost half of what we make just goes to rent

>Be me
>Live in small town nearby
>Only a 30 minute drive
>Pay 600 in rent
>Cant have a dog, but saving up
>Saved more than enough for a down-payment on a house, just waiting on market to crash

There's other shit he wastes money on too.
A dog walker to walk his dog while he's at work instead of just going home during lunch and doing it.
He spends probably around $20 a day eating out and insists that his time is worth more and that he'd be better of just working with his spare time instead of cooking(Its true, but he doesn't do either one of those)
He has a $200 monthly gym membership to the nicest gym his area because he doesn't want to slum it in some cheap gym.
He's literally paying for his girlfriends apartment too. She also lives in the city, splitting an apartment with some other girls. He says he's supporting her while she's in school. But like...you two could just live together, but instead he's paying for a second place a couple miles closer to campus.
We literally work in a coffee factory and can get as much free coffee as we want. Free coffee prepared every morning or he can get free ground coffee to take home and make it at home. Walks in with starbucks every single day.
I drank whiskey with him once, his first time having it. I'm usually drinking pretty cheap or mid-priced stuff. He went out and bought some $500 shit within a month of drinking whiskey for the first time. He drank one glassed and then mixed the rest with cheap whiskey sour mixer.

And he's constantly complaining about struggling with money.
If you're struggling with money, you probably deserve it.

People are debt blind. They'll subscribe to a dozen streaming services and have a ton of credit card debt and wonder why they have no money.

What did the survey actually ask. I really doubt anyone of them would be on the street in a month if they lost thier job, which what “pay check paycheck” means for working class people.
ALSO EVEN BEFORE COIVD $100,000 ANT SHIT ANYMORE, EVEN IN 1999 IT WAS BARELY ENOUGH TO FLASH CASH AROUND, WE HAVE HAD 20 zYEARS OF INFLATION SINCE THEN
Get
This
Through
Your
Stupid
Boomer
Heads
Making $100,000 today, is like if you made ~ $63,500 in 1999
Nobody fucking gets this. Salary deflation in the modren world is extreme

Attached: 876A6909-05EF-4954-930C-E513BC41C38F.jpg (1522x255, 78.02K)

FUCKING HOW. I MAKE BELOW POVERTY WAGE AND LIVE CHECK TO CHECK. IF I HAD AN EXTRA 500$ A MONTH I WOULD BE SET FOREVER. FUCK. THESE. PEOPLE.

>Do they unironically think that millennials are spending tens of thousands of dollars per year on avocado toast? Does that really seem like the most logical explanation for this?

Seems like the most likely explanation to me. Anyone under the age of 40 is terminally retarded.

Attached: yes.png (680x709, 243.33K)

It's not enough if you live beyond your means.

How is this possible? What are you dumb kids spending all your money on?

Who fucking cares. The youngest boomer is 60, they are all dying and won't be around in numbers to make any impact on the next decade. Start roasting Gen X. It's all their fault now.

If you are making 100k a year and living paycheck to paycheck, the only explanation is that you are a fucking retard. Maybe cool it with the OnlyFans subscriptions and Twitch donos.

How is that possible? I make around that, this place is probably more expensive than America, and I am living quite comfy.

Because we have female math teachers instead of male accountants teaching

The real answer is rent. That said, I have met many people on similar money who describe themselves as "paycheck to paycheck", but in fact they just order food in 4 times a day.
You're not poor if you're eating sushi for breakfast.

t. living in Russia
>being able to spend 500$ monthly on shit like Genshin impact
>overall around 1.5k$ income left after utilities and all costs monthly i have no idea what to spend on so just collecting to maybe buy another flat in future
Why are westoids so damn poor?

>in before sanctions
Nothing changed except my company now buys from China and not west

Want to live urban, dont wanna live cheap cause then youre in close proximity with niggers.

>Why are westoids so damn poor?
Maybe because after rent and utilities and bills takes out over 75% of our earnings before we have even bought groceries retard, for most of us its the opposite of your deal, 1.5k on utilities and rent, 500 left.
Get it Ivan?

Also this, anywhere renting for 500 and under here is right next to niggers and meth
That russian wouldnt be living in a 500 rent zone two weeks before calling his mom at the end of the week crying about wanting to come home.
East europeans know nothing of nigger infestations

How much does your husband make though?

Attached: mhh.jpg (1280x960, 133.02K)

>he pays rent
Take the Indianpill, move all your family under the same roof and share 3 cars

Attached: 73hd8.jpg (1773x1773, 145.71K)