Russian military expenses don't add up?

Genuine military expenditure qustion from a brainlet here. I recently looked up some expenditures regarding Russia and Ukraine and noticed something.

Germany:
>Barely able to maintain 183.000 in a reasonably modernised, somewhat okay-ish trained state.
>There already are notable supply and tech issues.
>Comparably small navy and air force
>No nuclear spending

Russia:
>Fielding 140.000+ in Ukraine
>Fielding 900.000 in total
>Massive armor stockpile
>Comparably large navy and air force
>Massive nuclear arsenal
>Massive conventional short, mid and long range arsenal

German military expenditure: 52 billion, 1,4% of GDP
Russian military expenditure: 50-70 billion, 8% of GDP.

If Germany can field a somewhat okayish modern army of around 187k on 50 billion, with limited navy and air force capabilities, how can Russia field 900.000 with a massive navy and air force on 50-70 billion and expect it to be top notch quality? Am I missing something?

Attached: men-67636-1280.1633206790.jpg (1280x922, 213.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ibbb0b
streamable.com/9narh2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One billion dollars gets you more in Russia than it does in Germany.

This is the fact: military expenditure doesn't mean shit when you're full of corruption and when the technology used on it is inferior to your enemie's.

Living expense and labor cost in Russia is low. Same reason why my country can maintain nearly 500,000 regulars on a budget of 8 billion bucks.

Because it isn't top-notch quality. Most of the stuff the Russians have fielded in Ukraine are barely upgraded Soviet-era equipment. Although age is not really a problem for Russians considering most of their enemies have the same or have shittier tech than they do, so they have less to worry about on that front.

You have to adjust for purchasing power

Basically divide their GDP(PPP) by their GDP(USD), and multiply that number by whatever their military budget in USD is

For Russia it's closer to $170 billion

They have a practical and utilitarian opinion on industrialized warfare. They never let old vehicles and assets go, they know that if nukes drop or when their expensive toys go away after several major battles, that the fight will be won with soviet surplus from WW2 and the cold war. They realize they need to build a big stockpile of vehicles and never let old vehicles fall into disrepair, they will need them to finish a protracted conflict with a superior industrial nation.

I don't think the majority of their forces would ever be assumed to be top notch quality. That title would be reserved for elite forces and specific weapons and vehicular projects.

Attached: rus.jpg (1918x1145, 478.57K)

Cost of living in Russia is high, sex tourist nigger.

>Am I missing something?
Modern Germans are low test, and even Slavic women have higher testosterone. You are pampered losers that cannot endure hardship nor live off of the menial wages of a Russian conscript.

>Am I missing something
a little bit, they're cheaper to hire. Most soldiers fighting in Ukraine now for Russia get 60usd a day (decreasing with ruble kek), while the Ukrainian soldiers get about 110usd and the German soldiers probably getting even more.
They also have a corruption problem which makes it even worse. All in all, the Russian army is inferior to any other superpower or even smaller armies, which is what we've seen this past week.

Attached: 1646189165804.jpg (3300x2550, 751.95K)

They are all corrupt as shit, everyone down to junior officers take a cut.

Doesn’t Germany spend most of their budget on R&D?

A German soldier earns 10x as much as a Russian

Where does Nam swing in the coming global war? BTW sorry for being shit heads before. My granddad kind of lost his mind in your country.

>They have a practical and utilitarian opinion on industrialized warfare. They never let old vehicles and assets go, they know that if nukes drop or when their expensive toys go away after several major battles, that the fight will be won with soviet surplus from WW2 and the cold war. They realize they need to build a big stockpile of vehicles and never let old vehicles fall into disrepair, they will need them to finish a protracted conflict with a superior industrial nation.
this

Even if adjusted for PPP, we're looking at a budget about 3,2 larger, while the assets are 4,8 times the size. And that's not counting nukes, navy, air force etc.

>Am I missing something?
Everyone gets paid less, and defense contractors have less regulation to deal with. Also, if the german military is anything like the american one, a huge portion of the spending goes towards gibs for soldiers. Anything from free university and lifetime healthcare to lifetime disability pay and generous pensions. Hell, a single gender reassignment surgery and follow up care can run into the millions.

You are not taking into account the decades of investing into the military Russia has done. Most of those nukes were bought during the cold war and probably half don't work. Germans are too proud to have broken equipment but pretend it works. Honestly I bet the Germans could take Russia if nukes were off the table.

while germany and most western countrys completely scrap their arsenal in every 30 to 40 years russians/soviets keep them in surplus until they cant function anymore.
Meanwhile american equipment from the 90's are already rotting in a desert.

>nukes
probably not maintained since 1990
>3,2 larger
it simply comes down to paying them less and treating them worse. When have you heard of a German soldier running out of fuel in battle or not having food for 4 days? See link for Russian soldier conditions
streamable.com/ibbb0b

Are there any stats about this? I find that really interesting.
In your opinion, would you still say that - even with the seeming disparity of military expenditure - the Russian Army is one of the better, if not the best?

The best enemy money can buy

quality vs quantity

also military spending also goes towards soldiers barracks and food and pay. I bet you that german soldiers have a quality of life that doesn't suck cock

Russians are more concerned with efficiency and effectiveness. Western armies, especially the lazy ones who have become complacent under NATO's nuclear umbrella, only care about shiny new toys and making people rich. Russians plan for war while Germans plan for circlejerks.

>efficiency and effectiveness
see vid

Attached: PepeLaugh.jpg (320x320, 43.98K)

Official numbers don't include money injections from oligarchs, retard.

here's a recorded conversation on how much they get paid, other stuff is quite hard to prove
streamable.com/9narh2

Any idea how much they could be getting, like roughly?