Can somebody explain why nearly every fast food chain decided to do this?

Can somebody explain why nearly every fast food chain decided to do this?
Not saying remodels can't be good, but why did they all decide to go for this ugly block look?
In my town there's one Burger that's remained unchanged and it's basically the only one I go to. I just prefer to go to any older looking restaurant if I come across one.

Attached: 74AC515B-CAA9-44B4-B341-38568C20A409.jpg (500x706, 77.88K)

Literally because fast food real estate is big business and it eliminates a ton of turnover cost.

It’s because it reminds the nigger employees of their true home: prison

>ugly block look?
it's cheaper and they don't need attractive designs since everyone knows what a mcdonald's is and represents

Because of real estate. You can sell the bottom a lot easier and repurpose it than you can sell the top.

maccers problem was their food got hammered as unhealthy.
So they rebranded as a coffee shop

something about shifting the image to health food. but it looks ugly

Resale value.
Same reason everyone buys gray cars; but in the case of buildings it actually works.

It's the same reason so many companies are simplifying logos and truncating names. Minimalism is back, at least as far as corporate trends go. Plus "inoffensive and bland" beats "child friendly" after the childhood obesity scandals and spotlights. Too many accusations of targeting kids with unhealthy foods, even if that's still what they want to be doing.

>franchisee goes out of business or sells it
>building is now a useless husk to anyone else interested in the business/property since it's built for a specific franchise

vs.

>building is generic and can be easily shifted should it need to be sold

easier to sell the building if the business fails.

>maccers
what the fuck are you talking about you stupid kiwi

I am so sick of dealing with the CHIMP NIGGERS that work at the one by my house. They are disgusting, lazy, and rude.
I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve sat in the drive thru just to be told they are out of food or the grill is “broken.” Only to pull up and see some negriss chewing gum, high out of its mind on a phone call

>building is now a useless husk to anyone else interested in the business/property since it's built for a specific franchise
Plenty of business operate out of buildings that are clearly identifiable as old Pizza Huts.

It’s not just McDonald’s. All the cars are grey and white. All the house interior decorating schemes are grey and white. All the color schemes in movies are monochromatic grey and black. There’s is no color any more. Its like everything is a grey carton of white eggs.

Attached: D7BA0424-230D-445E-B06E-F47322D8FA41.jpg (828x469, 473.07K)

haaaahahaha

Two reasons. One is hereTwo is that these fast food places are almost wholly owned by like four companies. Yum! brands has Pizza hut, KFC, Taco Bell, and Wingstreet. They used to own A&W and Long John SIlver's too but sold them to private investors. Restaurant brands international owns Burger King, Tim Horton's, and Popeyes chicken. So the parent company decides what to do with their subsidiaries, and if it works they do the same thing with all the others

/Thread

ted wozniak was right

because the world isn't supposed to be fun anymore

Attached: TRADITION.png (960x960, 1.3M)

>basically the only one I go to.
I thought Americans eating burgers was just a meme...

I hate that my country cares about this

cell phones are an extreme example. We went from a whole world of form factors and colors down to black plastic wrapped glass exclusively

McDonald's is the most successful restaurant in the world. Where the fuck did you think it was from? There's 13 McDonald's in your country. I couldn't even tell you what latvian food was in mine.

Eat me and you will return to power and awesome physical condition like ancestors

Attached: C768460C-92CD-46DB-959B-A04C2B80E09D.jpg (460x468, 68.94K)

too bad car companies can't fucking downsize
>100 different types of car or truck per company

always americans shitting on american traditions and ideologies…if you dont like this country THEN FUCKING LEAVE

Because the new design is cheaper.

We way more hesburger (Finnish) here, it doesn't taste so generic as MCD. Don't know about burger king.

They got sued over using colors to influence hunger in people when they saw the buildings, thats why.

they don't need brand recognition anymore the more they distance themselves from their old image the more they sell. McDonalds is associated with unhealthy .. Pr just knows that it sells more and they don't know why, but that's why. the modern design tricks people into thinking the mcdonalds of today is healthier than the mcdonald of yesterday. but that's not true. mcdonalds is intentionally bad food for the cheapest possible price

What about all new houses and remodels using grey for every single surface? That's been going on for20 years. No end.
Bring back the orange, brown, yellow and green 70s interior design. And shag.