Any anons here play chess

Fuck this gay nothing burger war. What is the most efficient way for a total beginner to get good at chess? Puzzles, books or just play a lot?

Attached: download (2).jpg (278x181, 10.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/practice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

play a lot, throw in puzzles and simple lessons here and there

ive gone from 400 to 850~ online rating in a few months playing casually

check out chessbrah youtube vids on chess fundamentals they make it fun and go through a bunch of games with the same plan

Find a club and play in person. I focus much harder when I have a live person on the other side of the board

i hit 1600 or so from 400, struggled to improve after that

learn endgame positions well, so well you can recite them verbally. go through all the opening positions and find some you like and do extended variations. find out an opening youre familiar with and is fun, and try not to blunder as one blunder loses the game

only ugly incels play chess

Attached: botez.jpg (1280x720, 61.54K)

lichess.org/practice
Been told this site is good, I tried it a little but I don't really enjoy chess, I just learned the basics to play with my sister who had gained an interest (which she lost after I beat her three times in a row).

I’m rated 600 blitz on chess.com, I guess you could say I’m pretty good

What a boorish cad you are.

the game is alot of memorizing sets of moves that are optimal, and not very creative. alot of AI thrown into the game kind of takes the fun away, but its still enjoyable

i beat an IM a few occasions, but the true great geniuses that can consistently play at that level put most of their life into learning the game. its a serious discipline. you have to anaylze and play alot of games

fuck off shill im chad

lichess is good

I'll say you're pretty Canuck.

Learn a couple openings, and play a lot, i mean a LOT. Puzzles sorta help, i managed to get over 1000 rating in blitz like this, more theory is required if you want to get better than that

Watch gingergm, gothamchess. Study tactics and endgames. Don't worry too much about specific openings to begin with (just obey chess fundamentals of development/castling). Play long time games, 10+ minutes and think hard about positions. Blitz games are fun but don't help you think correctly. Enjoy!

t.1850

Magnus co developed an app
I would learn from that

lmao look at these newfags

Puzzles aren't going to do shit for you unless you already know the strategy. Learn the basic principles, get some openings under your belt, and practice.

2100 rated player, probably just playing and solving tactical puzzles. dont play too fast of a game at first, i see beginners trying to play 1 minute and its retarded.

1) do tactics
2) do tactics
3) do tactics
Rinse and repeat

Chess is a bit boring.
Who /terra mystica/ here?

Attached: terra mystica.jpg (1024x683, 358.47K)

Just play a lot. There are lots of good chess apps for Android with varying difficulty levels or ranks.

checked I used to, Poppop taught me how to play as a kid, God bless him, I think i was good

Play a lot, try to learn an opening and some lines, one for e4 and one for e5. When you finish a game, look at the engine, try to understand improving moves and where you fucked up. Practice puzzles when you don’t want to play. Read basic books like Irving Chernev’s Logical Chess. Use the trivium as you learn - grammar (all the possible moves, all the concepts, all the rules, things that repeat from beginner to master), logic (the abstracted stage of the concepts, combination of concepts, breaking normative rules for situational gain), and rhetoric (develop a sense of pace and style, know when and why you’re playing well, try to improve your ability to summon that state at will). And ultimately accept that you’ll probably never break 2100 even if you dedicate the rest of your life to it because you didn’t start early enough to wire your brain for chess. And that’s okay because it’s just a game, and what you want is to sip some scotch and play it to relieve yourself from the struggles of life, thrilling at a victory or great move, appreciative to see an opponent doing the same.

I only play the computer because I’m shy.

To play. It's muscle memory.

Attached: just do more puzzles.png (1080x628, 709.95K)

Build a simple opening repertoire. Find a forcing black opening like the Scandinavian and stick to it.

I want to cum inside of them so badly. They're so fucking hot. My ex played chess, and it was so thrilling to have a sexy woman who could actually fucking think.

Watch some openings tutorial on youtube, for white and black, for example if my oponent start with e4 i play Caro Kan, if they start with d4 i play the Dutch defense.

Puzzles and practice

>the game is a lot of memorizing
At the end of the day that what it is, I don’t ever look up guides or strategies for any game I play. I like to intuit it. That is what I do with chess and no I’m not very good. But discovering this my self is way more fun than memorizing strategy. Did this league of legend auto chess and used a guide did so much better but it wasn’t as fun.

Get the chess.com membership and do the lessons