No one intelligent can argue against solar

>Ultimate independence tool
>Cuts expenses
>Personal Stewardship of the environment (an actual difference)
>Cheapest practical solution a homeowner can get
Only sub 80 niggers and rentlets can't into solar

Attached: 547d97ce5f41189714ed3e0f89db6fa41.jpg (2016x1512, 840.91K)

was only practical when obummer was giving such huge subsidies that it could actually make money before failing due to being made of chinesium in chinna (~10 yrs)

now you'd be an idiot to pay for something that's still made of trash and will fail but would require 30 yrs to break even

btw you can't island solar and be grid independent. the power company won't let you. if the grid goes down, you still dont have power if you have solar

What does this thread have to do with politics?

>It's be paid off in 10 tens(maybe).... just in time for it to fail amd need replacing.
>Good idea
>Good investment

No, you are a muppet!

Good luck when your roof needs repair.

there are some issues with the raw materials to build the panels
otherwise it's a very good way to get energy
provided you have good batteries, which also bring in an issue of raw materials

It's the raw materials, that's always the issue.
Same for nuclear energy.

its a good supplement

go to bed billy, you have school tomorrow

politics is about making decisions which involve legislation and or funding of specific economci sectors
prioritizing one type of energy soruce, over other sources, is a very political matter

Also.. picrel
It does cross with the topic of globohomo, so it wouldn't be bad for pol to start to look more at it, and what traps could come out of it.

Attached: FUCK EFFICIENCY full.png (1216x2846, 1.3M)

You realize they degrade fast as fuck and only make like 15% of their stated power after 10 years?

>Good for twenty years
>into the trash it goes

You know what's even better? If your country becomes entirely energy independent and an energy exporter, reducing home costs. But sure, solar isn't terrible if you have the space for it. Just not a great primary power source, far from it.

>Only practical in Obummer era
Still a 26% tax credit. Even with a 0 credit, still lower than your current electric bill
>10 year failure because chineseum
I don't know how the other fags do it, but I know a 30 year "bumper-to-bumper" on panels and 25 year on batteries
>Requires 30 years to break even
False, 0 down, less than your electric bill, easily transfers to a new homeowner
>You can't island solar and be independent
Maybe 5 years ago, batteries say otherwise. Enphase inverters easily fix that

We use a lot of solar energy here in brazil, pretty much every middle class home have a solar pannel system

Theyre cool and all, but theyre far from "Ultimate independence tool" lol

Theyre definitely not cheap, here in brazil the economy you get to pay for the solar pannels is around 10 years of use just to pay the coust of instaling it.

Bear in mind brazil is probably the country that can best harnesses solar energy for its location.

Most people (80+%) pay it in 5-7 years
Most of the panels now have much better longevity (REC comes to mind: 92% efficiency after 25 years.)
If your electric company doesn't pay out equal to what they charge, I'd always go for batteries
How does 50 years sound? Try Hanwa Q-cell

Clouds, how do they work?

>Theyre definitely not cheap, here in brazil the economy you get to pay for the solar pannels is around 10 years of use just to pay the coust of instaling it.
I didn't realise they were that expensive. Still, you can't put a price on independence from the grid.

Nuke is better than solar hydro is better than solar

Also, how long do they last, longer than 10 years?

Try batteries and an oversized system.

>False, 0 down
AHHHH gotcha, you're one of those solar rental shills. "Just rent our solar panels bro, you'll make a ton of cash for weed lmao"

rent solar =/= own solar. the rental company still gets its due even if you have a cloudy month, so be ready to actually pay MORE for electricity with those rent deals

Who makes these, and what materials are used?

need a better option for northern niggers

Almost every house in Macedonia has a solar water heating system.

I keep telling them that they're all retarded and pay more for electricity every month than I do.

>I didn't realise they were that expensive. Still, you can't put a price on independence from the grid.

Youre not independent because there is night and you need the grid. Batteries are not a good solution either because first theyre more expensive than just bying energy fromt he grid, so no one use batteries here.
Its just better to get energy in the day by the sollar panels and buy energy at night than having a battery

No nigger. Fuck renting, outright owning it.

Solar is a great technology but it wasn't quite there yet the last time I looked.

get used panels for pennies
energy independence is a fuck you to the man

A lot more than it really should have to honestly.

>ultimate dependence to rare-earth elements
>expensive
>poisonous waste
/thread

>What does this thread have to do with politics?
Everything. Fake Global Warming rebranded Climate Change.
Complete de-industrialization of european nations under stupid ideas - CO2 reduction, "fossil fuels" etc.

Not really. Very spotty, only works in Africa, Israel and very south of the USA.
If you have some unaccounted cash, spend it. Otherwise, don't.
Isn't independent unless you buy batteries.
Doesn't do much for the environment either.

They're good if you want to be off-grid but that's pretty much it. Kind of handy if there's a grid outage but realistically you're better off just buying a generator for that.

The raw material extraction and manufacturing process uses a ton of energy and leaves a bunch of toxic waste, and by the time you break even on the investment they'll be nearing replacement age at which point they go into a landfill because they aren't worth the cost of recycling.

take the windmill pill