Ukraine invasion: Benefits vs Cost?

I don't really see how russia's potential benefits in their inevitable but costly win will outweigh the negative consequences post-war.

Attached: 1554949384661.jpg (640x640, 122.36K)

Well the cost of not going to war is losing Crimea.

Becoming China's bitch state is so fucking based

best case scenario he ushers in a neo-orthodox eurasian empire

worst case scenario we all die in atomic fire

it's a win-win scenario for most of us honestly

crimea may be a hot bed of economic pontenial, but destroying your entire economy and international prestige doesn't seem worth it
it seems like that will become true with how the Chinese are tackling it

I believe it's Russia's only warm water port that doesnt freeze over in the winter.

Hypothetically if Russia loses Crimea they lose the ability to ship oil by sea.

If the US takes control of Syria, the Saudis can build a pipeline through Syria into Europe.

1+2 = Russia gets cut out of the European energy market and their economy dies anyway.

They already tried toppling Russia friendly Assad in 2015-2016. It didn't work. Mainly because Russia stepped in and simply bombed the 'rebels'.

Now they are trying #2. Cut Russia off from Crimea. Then try again with Syria.

The goal isn't to kill Russia, the goal is to allow the Saudis to take control of the energy market of the EU as the prime supplier which will inadvertently kill Russia.

This, fall of globohomo jew bankers is worth it.

Was something about to happen for them to lose crimea? Could they have not keep the status quo?

Maybe you seeing it doesn't actually matter to anyone on earth because you're fucking nobody.

Maybe you not seeing it is a sign that you should shut the Fuck up because you know nothing.

An user on the /SG/ thread said it'd volgograd. Formerly known as stalingrad. The Germans tried to take it twice, during both world wars. It's a key piece of land for much oil/gas, access to the caucuses and middle east, a foothold to the Mediterranean, also if ukraine was in NATO, US warships could port of call there. But also lots of resources as ukraine is Europe's 2nd biggest land mass. Most of the eastern ukraine is extremely furtile, a lot of the world's wheat is grown there. With ukraine, Russia has that much more natural resources to trade with and self sufficient. They can get the rest of what they need from China and have great trading partners with Africa/Middle East, SA. We are probably seeing the end of the western dominance.

nigger

I mean, ukraine joining NATO, they could just build a bunch of bases to take back Crimea

I don't doubt this, but it's not fully true. Russia is building contracts with Asia now instead of Europe. So oil that the Saudis were sending to Asia will now flow primarily to Europe. They probably thinking they are getting a better deal, but Saudis/OPEC are gaining more power. Back in 2018 oil prices crashed bc Russia and Saudis were engaged in a price war. Now that they are allied via OPEC we see how oil prices are rising. King salman no doubt is loving this taste of power. And you can see the fact Europe has not come begging to knees he will turn them to his lap dogs once again by keep prices just high enough, but not too high

Ukraine would not be able to join NATO if they claimed Crimea. Also the Donbas conflict means they couldn't join NATO to begin with

There was something posted in /SG/ about Iran/Syria forming a new alliance with other Muslim countries. I think these countries are tired of being used as pawns and being bullied by the west, it looks like they will start buying more weapons from China/Russia, crack down on (((democracy))) and price gouge the west on essential commodities

They won't. This will turn into a lengthy occupation while the Russian economy collapses in on itself. They already experienced a nose dive in the 2010s, and the sanctions this time dwarf the ones they've experienced in the past. I suspect their GDP will fall below 1 Trillion this year.

All I wanted was to ask a simple question and I get spammed by the rusbots.
I see, but I wonder about russia's own capacity to recover post war both economically and politically and build up the region, while dealing with interference from internal resistances like civil unrest and political infighting

Attached: 1542860556910.png (1024x719, 806.46K)

>I see, but I wonder about russia's own capacity to recover post war both economically and politically and build up the region, while dealing with interference from internal resistances like civil unrest and political infighting
They don't have one. The sanctions won't be lifting any time soon because Russia is going to be forced to occupy Ukraine. If they just try and install a Pro-Russian government the Ukrainians, supported by Western Glowies, will just topple it like they did last time. Russia will need to exert constant pressure to ensure the region stays under its control.

With the sanctions staying in place Russia's economy will experience a far worse collapse than the one that began in 2013. The sanctions this time are so comically overbearing that I didn't believe them at first. There is a reason the Ruble lost 90% of its value and the Moscow Exchange has to close for 5 days. It's gonna stay closed I suspect because if they let people trade its going to lose at least 90% of its value.

The Russian economy will, by the end of this year, die a bloody and noisy death.

I legitimately think that Russia believed the entirety of Ukraine would just roll over like Crimea.