Deuteronomy says the punishment for adultery is death...

Deuteronomy says the punishment for adultery is death, but in the book of Hosea it says God told Hosea to take back his cheating wife. Which one is it?

Attached: Hosea and Gomer.jpg (628x624, 82.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 2&version=NIV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 3&version=NIV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 1&version=KJV
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(Samaria)#Destruction_of_the_Kingdom,_732–720_BC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosea#Location
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe being a wife to Hosea is worse than death?
I^m not familiar with bible lore

God encouraging cuckholdery is in the wrong.

Doesn't god tell Hosea to take back his whore wife in order to produce a lot of whore children cause the people of Israel had become a bunch of whores, or something like that?
I just remember the wording being pretty hilarious.

Maybe - and hear me out I know this is a long shot - Jews just made shit up.

no, that's not it.

Then she will say,
‘I will go back to my husband as at first,
for then I was better off than now.’
Hosea 2:7
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 2&version=NIV

1... Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.”

5 Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the Lord and to his blessings in the last days.
Hosea 3
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 3&version=NIV

The way I read it they've already reproduced, then he takes her back. Chapters 1-3

Incidentally, the Samaritans (proto-Jews) only follow the Torah, the first 5 books, so they don't have this confusion.

Yes, it's symbolic of how israel was acting towards God

/thread

the English translation is pretty dull desu

so is judaism just a religion of cuckoldry, then?

Attached: CD350182-67D9-4980-BC0C-A1B9B64BE27F.jpg (550x535, 43.55K)

Wasn't the kingdom of Israel invaded during the times of Hosea? Many men were killed, most women raped and taken away captive with the children. So maybe God was planning to have her raped or taken into captivity and that's why he told Hosea to get his cheating wife back so she would be present during the invasion and destruction of the Kingdom of Israel by Assyrians? I've read the Assyrians were pretty brutal with their prisoners.

KJV sounds more like what you're saying

And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord.

chapter 1

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 1&version=KJV

>It is likely that Hoshea, disappointed by the lack of Egyptian support, endeavored to avert the calamity by resuming the payment of tribute, but that, distrusted, he was forced to fight, and was taken prisoner in battle. The capital, though deprived of the ruler, made an effective defense.[2] Nonetheless, the Assyrians captured Samaria after a siege of three years.
So in the end, Hosea was taken prisoner and the land of Samaria (Israel) was taken over by the enemies. What happens to the wife of a ruler when his kingdom falls? She becomes a slave whore to the conqueror. Whore got her punishment in the end.
NO ONE ESCAPES RETRIBUTION

Maybe Hosea was just an uncharismatic ugly manlet and God understood it was good for the genepool if his wife cheats?

>source: the (((torah)))
do "christians" really?

See:
Looks like the whore wife got all the dick she wanted in the end, when she became personal property (plaything) of the Assyrian invaders.

its probably just a pragmatic double standard. christianity is a slave religion invented for social control of the goyim.

yes, you're right, but not all of Israel was annexed. Hosea was probably in part of the remaining portion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(Samaria)#Destruction_of_the_Kingdom,_732–720_BC

there was another war ~10 years later, but it says Hosea was probably dead? by then

>Hosea's long ministry, from the reign of Jeroboam II (787–747) to the reign of Hoshea (731–722),[5] seems to have ended before the fall of Samaria in 722/721.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosea#Location

If Gomer was alive in 722/721, presumably she would have been very old. who knows

FEET!