Can nukes be shot down once they're launched or would shooting at them cause them to detonate?

Can nukes be shot down once they're launched or would shooting at them cause them to detonate?

Attached: 1646046026736.gif (493x498, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge865CR9pN8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Zeus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shooting them down mid flight is the whole concept behind THAAD retard

There's no such thing as radiation. It's myth to impose fear on population.

are you fuckin 12? everyone knows you gotta strap yourself to a missile, intercept the nuke, open the hatch & cut the blue wire

It's possible to shoot some down but it's very hard to destroy all of them and nearly impossible once they start going down.

Of course we don't know what new gadget are there.

Shooting them down could cause them to detonate or not. Depending on the system they use.

Either way I wouldn't risk it. A nuclear detonation above ground level is much more devastating.

If nukes were real, every now and then a smart enough psycho would level and entire city.

There are 10 billion people in this world, even if only 0.01% are smart enough to put together a nuke, that's 1 million potential psychos.

Not a single city leveled by psychos, not even a city block.

>But what about those couple of Japanese cities?

Yeah, either one are not even top 10 in amount of deaths. Nukes are a nothing burger. Where's the radiation in Japan? Memoryholed? There's even reports of people living normally in Chernobyl.

Nukes are a psychological operation. And we all know who is behind it. Why so many (((Hollywood))) films push the nuke narrative?

Detonation requires a very specific sequence of events to happen. Shooting one down won't detonate one unless it's programmed to start the detonation sequence of it is damaged.

Only the power of KEK can stop the Armageddon

There is a Tom Clancy movie about the rareness and extremely high cost of enriched uranium

>If nukes were real, every now and then a smart enough psycho would level and entire city.
Look up "the nuclear boy scout". There have been a few. An american kid who built up a reactor at home using small amounts if radiactive material found in household items.

The reason why this doesn't happen too often is 1. Not everyone has the patience or knowledge and 2. Governments control the uranium market.

Blowing one up won't cause it to detonate a nuclear explosion. Nuclear bomb relies on precise explosion to trigger criticality, fuck that up and it's just some enriched uranium.

i bet we have tech to zap them in flight with satellites or something like AI-controlled scalar wave tech from phased arrays

Modern nuclear bombs are thermonuclear, commonly called hydrogen bombs. Such bombs don't require much uranium and have depleted uranium or plutonium.

Thank you based Pole

Attached: 1620863509738.jpg (1000x800, 428.89K)

>If nukes were real, every now and then a smart enough psycho would level and entire city.
I takes a huge volume of raw materials and industrial scale processing to concentrate enough for even a very small bomb.
It's completely out of reach for an individual.

In reality no. You'll go down with US.

they can be shot down, however its not that easy, cuz ballistic missiles are launched to the sub-orbit, then it launches a bunch of warheads from there, some are real with nukes and others are fake.

you have to shot them down all, which is not possible if you are overwhelmed with missles.

It still takes considerable resources and skill to make them. Not a DYI project in a garage.

Nukes need conventional explosives to create a perfectly timed implosion of the plutonium core to I initiate fission. You're good bro.

There are more ways to circumvent a missile defense system than there are ways to shoot down or intercept a nuke. Russia also has hypersonic missile systems, which render all or most of our current defense capabilities obsolete anyway.

Mostly plutonium and uranium with a tritium core, refer to middle and bottom

Attached: fission-bomb-designs-arrangement-material.jpg (913x1600, 193.59K)

All jokesaside. You cant stop an ICBM. It flies like a spaceship to a point above its destination and then falls into the destination like a rock. You can shoot a falling rock, but you dont change its course.

When they blow up in the altitude they cause an emp

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge865CR9pN8

I just want some new explosions to look at. They're fucking mesmerizing.

I believe interception messes it up and makes it a lot smaller (statistically).

>Governments control the uranium market.

Murphy's law, if anything can go wrong, it will happen. This is true because even a small risk becomes a big risk given enough time. And it is a crazy world out there, even a small country such as NK can finance the right guy, and boom.

What do you think 9/11 was?

Truly the only option I can think is that nukes are not what they say they are. Big bombs? Sure, that I can believe. But I see no evidence of nukes that can wipe out entire populations. Sounds like a perfect fear psyop to me.

really enjoy the image of some top level CIA decision maker pook hurriedly posting this thread on Any Forums as the talks between UKR and RUS unfold

There is one way, it's just absolutely insane.
>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Zeus
Fun fact, there are still 2 sites like this allowed in russia and america. One is over Moscow, the other over North Dakota.

There are more nukes than just ICBMs and bommbs.