The Russian Central Bank Raises Borrowing Rates from 9.5% to 20%

What are the Political Implications of the sanctions causing Russia to do this?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (1400x934, 108.53K)

>No new businesses.
>No business expansion.
>Missed payroll.
Essentially the brakes on the economy as steep gravity takes it over a cliff.

so buy da rub?

they don't give a fuck anymore. It's about to go nuclear so it could've been 40% just as easily

> only most profitable undertakings
> no unnecessary capital expansion due to false profit signals
> more real wealth instead of funny money
could work out

Russia's big enough to control its own currency outside of kike globohomo meddling. Actually every country getting out of rubles will help Russia get control of it faster. They are making the right moves. As long as the only way to pay taxes is with Rubles they can stabilize it. They have the natural resources as collateral as well.

THIS IS BOBO'S COUNTRY

Cringe and hereshowitsagoodthingpilled

fractional reserve banking depends on central bank lending rates to control the size of the money supply. with the recent sanctions and disruption of foreign exchange rates of the ruble, it is very likely huge amounts of overseas rubles will be returning to the Russian economy. the correct intervention is to raise interest rates on central bank lending to control the size of the money supply (e.g., right now, Russia does not need new money creation because old money is returning to their economy).

meanwhile, a trillion USD will return to the US economy out of Russian reserves. will the US raise interest rates? if not, more inflation is coming.

post your free AK

basically this, raising the rates to 20% first in the world is probably the smartest thing you can do- especially if you own so many resources in an inflationary environment like today.

They are not giving them in Kharkiv yet :c

Inflation isn't necessarily driven by the quantity of money but the velocity of money; much more money is created via loans than by printing
20% interest is slamming the brakes on the velocity of the ruble, so they are taking extreme measures to curb inflation

What influence does a rate hike like this have on housing prices?

Let's say I had a gut feeling Canada were going to do a 20% rate hike the same as Russia, should I be locking in my interest rate on the house now? Are there other things that 'should' be done?

Because being honest here, I think every country is going to be doing this pretty soon, not just Russia.

really? our media made it sound like the whole country was getting them

>Kharkiv
thought you guys surrendered

this is also the first time ive seen our media actively glorify regular citizens and people owning weapons and becoming armed its all very weird

20% interest rates in the west is essentially the same as nuking their economy, the west barely has any resources so it has to live on debt.

>Let's say I had a gut feeling Canada were going to do a 20% rate hike the same as Russia, should I be locking in my interest rate on the house now?

If your house was only somewhat overpriced, then yes.
But if it is ridiculously overpriced then no, because 20% interest rates murder all mortgages and investments and it will cause a housing price collapse

Fuck no, fuck invader pigs

It was only in Kyiv. Maybe if I will go directly to soldiers and ask about it I will get AK, but it's not done as openly as in Kyiv, I didn't seen any armed civilians

What's so weird? Its war, people are killed and their country is bombed. It's not like the 14 yo getting one of those guns is gonna do a school shooting. He's gonna try to kill some russians, or die trying.