Hello Any Forums military experts. What kind of ICBM defenses are out there...

Hello Any Forums military experts. What kind of ICBM defenses are out there? How many of these things could we shoot down if Putler launches?

Attached: Y2QZCEH5E5G27HHKV6MN2PPZEA.jpg (3600x2400, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYu_YmHWV_I
youtube.com/watch?v=9j-E2bCOrg8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-ballistic_missile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Combat_System
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Forget it. Imagine they launch 10 real ICBMs and a thousand dudes. How would all of them be stopped?
And that is why none will be launched. MAD, deterrence, and all that. Calm down.

I don't think we can shoot down the ones coming from submarines or can we

they have hypersonic missles now. you cant shoot them down at all.

best to take out their launchers before they have a chance to launch

Attached: ballistic_submarines_nukes_nuclear_boomer.png (631x936, 460.94K)

top secret information, you won't know and don't need to know.

it won't happen as NATO won't really intervene in Ukraine. But nobody can tell as nuclear technology is highly secretive and nobody here would know that lol

Most likely if nuke war started, it will end badly anyway. Even if nukes dont reach destination, nuclear clouds will, so like, if nukes are used, it's game over for most or not whole world.

Directed energy weapons.

>none will be launched

They will. They make them to be launched.

Estimates back in 2008 when I left the military is we could intercept 80% of incoming ballistic missiles the remaining 20% would cause in the area of 300 million deaths inside a week. Those accounting for people killed in the blast and then the remaining killed by slow radiation poisoning.

>yes let me post top secret national security intel on a mongolian basket weaving forum
Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if we had laser capable of cutting IBMs in half from dozens of miles away. Even that alone would fuck up their flight paths enough to reduce the casualties massively. We might even be able to blow them up or something while they're in low orbit, so then the main problem would be fallout instead of taking the brunt of the blast.

I'll call Laseranon and see what he's doing

>Trident
>Scotland, UK has operational Nuclear Defense systems
>Nothing too worry aboot
>Just an other nothing burger by western media too scare you into buying beans and toilet paper

You can't intercept hypesonic death with your WW2 era missiles you mutt. Just start praying when times come

In 2004 the French army could shoot down a few dozens with >99% probability

No, they are made to avoid your country being invaded. No one will touch, for example, Best Korea because it has nukes.

i dont know, but the nuclear triad ensures that there's at least one attacking option always available.

Does anyone know how ICBMs work? My question is whether shooting one down will cause it to explode? Sure you can take it down, but you'll fuck up the land surrounding it. Unless you can take it down while it is in space?

Directed energy weapons can effortlessly target and destroy supersonic missiles.

youtube.com/watch?v=IYu_YmHWV_I
youtube.com/watch?v=9j-E2bCOrg8

Attached: 1472441746361.png (420x420, 266.71K)

This Senile fuck is in charge of some of the best military black tech in the world.

Attached: 1602636694292.png (651x666, 552.56K)

Didn't they have a undetectable nuke that detonates underwater to create a radioactive tsunami to destroy enemy coastlines?

Lol orange retard leaked our hypersonic capabilities on accident. 17x speed of sound. Theirs go 6x speed of sound. You don't think we worked out how to counter this tech already? Lmao

There are strikingly few hypersonic missiles and even in the possibility of a first strike hitting us unprotected the retaliation would end all life in Russia.

What good is an icbm defense when he has drone torpedoes that will create 1000' radioactive tsunamis?
Btw, fuck off you ugly glownigger.
ANY OP WITH get IS A GLOWNIGGER
>GLOWNIGGER
just look at all the get op in the catalog

Attached: 1595023540039.jpg (640x640, 57.53K)

None.

The thing is though is that if shit goes down you won't have enough time to really worry about it.

You will be lied to by the media and government up until the second when you're vaporized, convinced that everything is fine.

The nuclear threats are for leverage in the negotiations. Ofc we're one step closer to nuclear holocaust but it probably increased from 0.5% to 1%. Antivaxxers needn't fear as that's a very small percent.

Just like having guns is a deterrent, but they are made to be used. They're not a deterrent if they're never used.

You have to detonate the warhead. If the ICBM/MIRV payload is compromised and doesn't fully detonate you have "fuzz" which is a sub kt explosion that would be nominally irradiated.

>How many of these things could we shoot down
Not enough to make a difference

>How many of these things could we shoot down if Putler launches?
All of them

All of them, Star Wars defence grid is real

ICBM's go 20 times the speed of sound. Hypersonics use the same boosters.

This 8s beyond retarded. Nukes dont create radio isotopes with long enough half lived for this to be viable. You only need to stay in shelter for about a week for the radiation levels to die down. Nukes are terribly destructive with a giant blast zone but they're not "wonder weapons" that can deny land indefinitely

>How would all of them be stopped?
A.I. platform to identify the real payload.

he isn't in charge of anything relevant. he reads the teleprompter and nothing more.

>putler

goddamn leftists are so fucking cringe. they're the worst at inventing insult words

Attached: hnggg.jpg (600x478, 30.73K)

>le mutual
As if humans have never been spiteful. This is more libertarian garbage. Suicide bombers completely refute this.

Star Wars is our only deterent. The issue is that if we even destroy this mid strike they will EMP the area.

So the radioactive material will just stay within the warhead and you can contain it?

Does the US have a Jericho style system or is Israel the only one that doesn't play by the rules

for icmbs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-ballistic_missile

for other missiles(nukes)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Combat_System

close range
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS

>orange retard

Attached: 5A1C58E2-5FD5-4DA0-BC80-71D8030562F2.jpg (677x585, 75.83K)

Honestly in Putin's position I would nuke everyone the second I thought I would lose out of spite alone. I suppose that's why I don't have nukes.

At the unclassified level us have said thaad has a limited icbm capability.

Russians have hypersonic capabilities to launch nuclear warheads over US
The defense is mutual destruction, neither country can get off nukes fast enough to guarantee they won't themselves get nuked

How the defense system can prevent EMP nukes?

We had shit in the desert that shot mortar rounds and missiles out of the air.

Nuclear weapons are not like hand guns.
Less than 2% of the fissile material in the bomb deployed in Hiroshima actually "exploded." I don't know if contemporary nuclear weapons detonate upon damage or not, to be frank.
Several times, during the Cold War, launches almost happened. There is security in place to avoid the action of a madmen.

That's the "fuzz". There is no containment it just not fully detonated so the are of denial is miniscule depending on how it's exploded. The warhead has to reach super criticality to make the big "bang" and it has to be armed in order to do that.