A question for my fellow GenXers

Did you ever think we'd actually see this come true?

Attached: The Day After.jpg (1063x1500, 170.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/news/nuclear-fallout-shelters-were-never-going-to-work
youtube.com/watch?v=ahwzpZyum4I
youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Do bomb shelters still exists?

>Do bomb shelters still exists?
public ones, no!

A lot of people thought that. It's why that movie freaked everyone the fuck out. Still hard to watch even today.

I haven't seen one of these since 1988

Forgot pic

Attached: Fallout.jpg (477x637, 24.51K)

Yes, Boomers can not imagine nor want a world to exist without them. I have told everyone boomers should not have leadership positions but everyone thinks selfish piece of shit 70 year olds are a good choice.

I mean I liked that movie when I was a kid, but damn it left traumatized

There's like 7 of them neat me :)

Most of them were bullshit anyway. Just a couple of cots and boxes of food in a basement.

Yeah, but then I grew up, thought it through, concluded that nukes were fake and gay.

I was certain that it would happen

We have bomb shelter in my small town. Sucks to suck faggots.

Been wishing for it since 1988. Got tired of it all by age 14. They need to quit fucking around and vaporize this rock, and let the scorpions and cockroaches inherit what's left.

Checked. Yeah, I had to google this, an illusion of safety at best

history.com/news/nuclear-fallout-shelters-were-never-going-to-work

Watch the below movies Anons & post other nuclear war kino

Threads
The day after

Watched it for the first time earlier today. Absolutely depressing movie. The missile scenes were pure kino though.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about those scenes that get me excited, but fuck I don't want to live through that shit

After 1991, no, but before then, you'd find yourself thinking about nuclear war at least once a week, I'd say.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahwzpZyum4I

absolutely, it was considered when not if. kind of surprised it has not happened yet.

That movie was weak!!

Threads is best.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

I feel like it's inevitable at some point. These weapons they make always get used eventually. As soon as mass warfare was possible in the 20th century we had two world wars. As soon as America achieved global dominance we went to war nonstop and debased the world currency.

The aliens just waiting for us to eventually fomour thing.

checked
>let the scorpions and cockroaches inherit what's left.
My jack russell will be there fighting with em'. bastard just won't die

Covid was finally over and now this. Fuck, I have to laugh. There's truly no going back

You know that there’s an easy way out, right?

Attached: 73FB9122-D391-42E2-A240-378F5FEAD67B.jpg (565x352, 112.41K)

Not until after 9/11, then I knew anything was possible

Attached: 57F23E82-A909-4EAF-9A6C-2246C013889C.gif (498x280, 2.02M)

Meaningful growth requires challenge and stress, that's the issue with the West.

If you're alive after these current events, you'll be a new person, and a better one. You'll appreciate living more.

And remember, victory favours the faithful. Christ is Lord and King.

Awwwww, that poor guy in the middle of dropping a deuce. No time to wipe

fun fact - this movie is the reason Reagan did the SALT treaty with Russia, he saw the movie and was so freaked out he made the treaty a top priority

Bloody 'ell!

Attached: sun.jpg (263x250, 15.08K)

It's a fairytale happy joyride compared to Threads.

I am skeptical nukes actually exist. we'll have a staged nuclear event. this may lead into the alien agenda (aliens "disarm" the nukes and save us from destroying one another) and/or we will have knocking out of power grid and boosting of 5g microwaves to mimic the symptoms of radiation poisoning.

we were the last generation who were taught (and understood) the concept of War. We must now, sadly, pass on this burden to the Zoomers.
Young Uns? You are about to die. Suddenly, Violently. Why? Because, this is the way its always been. Over and Out.

I'm surprised it didn't happen in the fucking 1980s.

By Dawns Early Light

I remember rushing home to see it, stopping off at the local corner store and bought a 6 pack (though I was only 17.. I got one) and some circus popcorn and MnMs or some other candy. people were yelling at family members to come in and watch it. it was one of the most watched TV movies ever.