Why couldnt putin have just gone for the donbass region?

That's how I would do it at least, putin sure bit off alot more than he can chew with this botched invasion.

Attached: donbass-and-crimea-political-map-crimea-peninsula-on-the-coast-of-black-sea-and-donbass-region-formed-by-donetsk-and-luhansk-region-disputed-area-2FA39PD.jpg (1003x1390, 93.83K)

Kinda odd. That woulda done him all he needed.

jew hands typed this

Probably he really has had enough of US bullshit and knows he's too old to keep going. Wants to leave Russia in a position of strength during the transition of leadership. If this war turns out a loss, Russia after Putin will be picked apart by globohomo, like under Jelzin.

Because he has a narrow window with Biden in office, and he might as well go whole hog. Kavkas is gonna be next.

dunno really
imo this would have been a right move, with a few border skirmishes they could have actually pushed ukrainians out of the rest of luhansk and donestk without this whole shit show and sanctions

Why did Prussia capture Paris when it ended up with Alsace-Lorraine?

The sanctions are legitimate hard hitting economy holding sanctions and they were coming regardless. Even if the Russians only retook Donbass. Even if they didn't secure Donbass at all another pretext would be found. The sanctions were going to happen in any case. The only other thing that can happen after the sanctions is a major military conflict between Russia and NATO in Europe. You might as well achieve every objective since all non-nuclear war problems were already going to happen for sure.

>Why couldnt putin have just gone for the donbass region?
he wants to do all the mistakes the great leaders before him avoided

they occupied the areas they captured for years right after the war

Apparently that's the with the strongest and battle-hardened Ukrainian units

He is?
The rest of the operations are there to ensure that Donbass and Crimea will be left alone after the fact. Decapitate their forces, instead of constant border skirmishes for the next couple of years.

The main force of the Ukrainian military and all of the Azov Territorial Defense are based in Eastern Ukraine. It was never going to happen with a few skirmishes.

that is what he trying to do retard. The donbass seperatist army is fighting the most to regain donbass territory. They have been battling non stop.

Demilitarization

>botched invasion.
There are so many shills here. You know you can keep saying that the Russians lost but the fact still remains that Russia has most likely already won the war.

They also need south Kherson to supply Crimea with water. There was a water crisis in Crimea which Russia was quiet about. The first thing they did is destroying the dam that blocked the river to Crimea

If he did that in 2014 sure, it would've been just another Georgia. But it's too late for that now.

Simple. The bio labs are all over the place. Even the cruise missiles hit first those very regions. There are viruses there specifically engineered against Russians. I am not kidding.

Most of the fighting is happening there. The western media is focused on kiev.

Ukraine is a greater ally than Donbass.

I like all these armchair general reddit tourist threads. It reminds of how stupid the general population truly is, and how unworthy most people are of any authority.

Any proof they have taken any labs?

Ukraine will surrender in few days. Russia will annex Dombass. The rest of Ukraine will be left as demilitarised buffer state that can never join NATO.
Almost all sanctions will be removed by summer. EU is not gonna destroy their own economy over Ukraine.
Many top EU have said that we condemn the invasion but we must move on.

it's both stupidity and propaganda. I have seen the same threads on repeat several times today.

I think donbass was only pretext for war, what he really wants is new pro russian president in ukraine who will be his loyal puppet like Lukashenko. Putin really doesn't want Ukraine to join EU and NATO

>Why couldnt putin have just gone for the donbass region?
Because the Ukranian dogs would let NATO build a base anywhere else in their dumb of a country
>botched invasion
Its only been a few days and Kiev is already beginning to fall lol.

Not the region that interests him the most and that would have increased the risk of Ukraine getting into NATO, which is the main reason for all of this.

That would be nice but NATO might have other plans. Putin took the bait and a big gamble.

Ukrainians never would have given it up with NATO giving them bath salts.

Much like they said vaccines were a mistake, but its time to heal and forget about it.

The labs close to Crimea must have been taken. The rest no one knows where the Russian forces are or not

This one is a Russian shill. In each and every post he makes he uses the "globohomo" bullshit. He's one of the more commited to shilling but not a creative one. Just using again and again the same arguments with globohomo. He doesn't even bother to change the flag.

Go get some sleep, Ivan.

Literally noone would care if he sticked to Donbas

If you look at a map you will see Russian forces moving in quickly taking land or rushing to kiev but in the donbass it's going a lot slower. I think Ukraine has most of their forces fighting in the donbass and another group in the kiev area.

That is a given. But there are other good reasons for it.

Polacks eternal butthurt about muh Russians

Did you forget NATO membership.

Russia had to take the old Soviet shipyards along the Dneiper so they can build a new aircraft carrier. The Kuznetsov is getting too old and they need to replace it soon. Soon brand new smoke-belching ramp carriers will sail the high seas marking Russia's return to superpower status.

He wants total control of the Black Sea.

lmao. other than the soros shills who get paid the polacks do it for free.

its correct though. you wouldn't like it either if there was small Poland but a bit different. And the government was overthrown by the CIA and now they want to nuke you.

He needs the Crimea land bridge. So he needs basically all of eastern Ukraine at the east side of the Dnieper.

Probably because he wants to overthrow the NATO friendly government and install a Russian friendly government.

He can do that with southern Ukraine. I mean shit he basically has the southern peninsula that is north of crimea.

because ukraine would still be able to join nato and the west and the main security problem wouldnt have been resolved. the minsk agreement was supposed to integrate these regions back into ukraine on the basis that they would be autonomous and serve as a russian backdoor into ukrainian politics, but ukraine never implemented this so putins like screw your optics i'm going in

Attached: damn31.jpg (1024x714, 85.75K)

this is what happens when there is an active occupying force in your country. and you are just another neo colony.

Not a shill, just an edgy faglord. The real shills are where posts stay on indefintely, like twatter, facebook or classical main stream media.

>t. Russia Today acolyte

That and zelensky was arming himself for an offensive in the donbass.

>t. western media acolyte

>That's how I would do it at least,
Oh man, Putin must be kicking himself for not seeking your counsel!

Attached: 1644503080659.png (1536x1197, 1.55M)

What putin should of done is wipe out all the drones before invading. The turkish israeli drones were one of the reasons he did invade. Very stupid of the Russians.

It's not enough to secure their borders or economic power

Attached: musthold.png (1600x1028, 2.61M)

are they not? Are they not funded by the US? Hasn't the CIA admitted to pumping 5 billion into Ukraine in 2014? There are phone calls user. Haven't all the 40 billion dollars of funding ended up in Swiss bank accounts of high ranking US officials? The labs were known way way before the war. before covid. This is not new knowledge. And its not even hidden. Although the US gov purged all docus and pages on the matter. Which was in the open before. Go on the wayback machine and start digging.

I think Putin is acutely aware of the Western cabal's threat of using open borders and funding to infiltrate nations and get their guys in.

Back in 2014 Yatsenyuk was 'their guy', and it's no secret they're trying to do the same thing in Russia. You'll start hearing talk about 'regime change' from Western mainstream media soon enough I believe.

I think he wants to get as much power as he still can and isolate Russia from the West, i.e. the economic sanctions, the new cold war is probably something he actually wants to have a Great Firewall like China.

Attached: bild.png (1040x1282, 252.44K)

The sanctions would have been minimal if he kept the invasion minimalZ

It also barely would have been a news story to distract from the failure of Covid and people asking about the WEF. Putin, being a WEF stooge, did as he was told.

The truth is that he only got empowered by the 2014 sanctions, because Russia managed them quite well and become more independent economically

That's Putin's gamble because I think NATO's play was to get Putin trapped in Ukraine and in a quagmire. Then oligarchs in Russia would remove him from power.

>many top EU
>but we must move on.
Source? Must be a couple since many have said this, right?