Does Russia's invasion of Ukraine make good sense, geopolitically speaking?

Does Russia's invasion of Ukraine make good sense, geopolitically speaking?

Let's put aside all of the rhetoric on who are the good guys and who are the bad guys

Attached: 211216114857-20211216-opinion-putin-chess-super-169[1].jpg (1100x619, 693.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6JC5lKNrDoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

death/kill wish, creative destruction

It’s very existence has finally ended the Neoliberal world order, so yes.

Russia views NATO as a tool to not only defend against Russia, but also to prepare for an offensive. This can be seen in his recent speech, where he declared that THAAD systems could be used for ground attacks, and that the new standard missile 6 could be similarly used for offensive missions. Given the West's outright refusal to compromise on the eastward expansion of NATO, and his intelligence supposedly telling him that Ukraine joining NATO was a foregone conclusion, it makes sense to try to prevent that through any means necessary.
I think this is an unreasonably paranoid view, but one that has been exacerbated by our current administration's constant admonishments and sanctions against Russia.

>Does Russia's invasion of Ukraine make good sense, geopolitically speaking?

Yes. My assessment is that if Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine now, we would see a nuclear war 10-20 years from now.

Here's why:
1. Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe
2. Ukraine was artificially designed by the Soviet Regime as a "spearhead against NATO", so Ukraine role always was primarily of a military nature
3. After 2014 Maidan revolt, this (depleted) spearhead was revived and turned against Russia.

If Ukraine would join NATO, it would likely become the biggest NATO member with the biggest amount of NATO bases within a decade.

Now: if you remember the Chechnya war, the first Chechen war sent shockwaves around Russia and brought Russia close to collapse/disintegration. The chechen rebellion received a lot of support from NATO countries (arms, political cover, maybe even training)

Now imagine if a new rebellion happens in Russia (not in Chechnya, but somewhere else)
Ukraine will be the main NATO member providing support for that rebellion, very heavy support. And given the amount of assets Ukraine would have by then, Russia would have a hard time invading it. Nuclear strikes would become extremely likely.

Attached: 89065435_p0_master1200.jpg (815x1200, 669.21K)

this is meant to stir up more chaos that’s needed for the global ritual we’re in

Yes.
Hypocrisity of the west is more visible for people around the world despite propaganda is trying hard.

no

It was basically the lesser of evils for Putin.
Yes the western sanctions will hurt bad, but allowing Ukraine to join EU/NATO would basically cuck Russias foreign policy completely.

It was the last country in Europe that could be invaded without triggering an immediate military response from its allies

So yes, in other words

It threw me off. I was expecting a slow balkanization of Ukraine over a decade or two, not a fucking Blitzkrieg

Ukraine and Belarus were created by Stalin to give the USSR 2 more seats on the United Nations.

Yes. He's reconquering territory that rightfully belongs to Russia.

Attached: 66lm93.jpg (555x500, 123.8K)

On the contrary; Ukraine was building up it‘s military extraordinary fast since 2014, thanks to western funding.
Time was playing against Russia.

NOPE, not at all. he's gonna destroy his economy and incur massive losses if he wants to take over the country. even if he comandeers what's left of ukraine's military materiel afterwards, he's gonna defending a much larger area. if he was smart, he'd psyop the ukrainians into rioting and depose zelensky in a coup like the americans did in 2014. he's either a retard or being blackmailed into invading to hasten the great reset agenda.

maybe he could have prevented all this if he didnt choose to annex crimea
no thats right putin is allowed to do whatever he pleases i forgot

No it's absolutely terrible. Destroys relationships with western states and deeply harms relationships with their allies when they learn they've been lied to.

Russia was not being taken seriously by the US and the EU, who don't believe it has enough status to deserve a buffer zone from NATO.

Putin needed to prove them wrong.

>REEEEEEEEEE NATO IS TOO CLOSE TO MY BORDERS QUIT EXPANDING NEAR ME

*expands his own borders to be closer to NATO*

?????????

Good luck staging a pro-Russian coup in western Ukraine after 2014.

It's Russia who was lied to lol

Why, just ask Klaus Schwab what he thinks. This was all his idea afterall youtube.com/watch?v=6JC5lKNrDoU

it was the only possible move they couldve done

In third world many can see the American European hypocrisy, but propaganda is still too strong in the US and EU.

They are obviously going to create allied states between themselves and what remains of the Ukraine.

It makes zero sense on all levels. Maybe in the demented mind of one person it makes some sense. Even in Russia almost nobody supports it. Just a disaster.

tf was the donbass republics you retarded kike

No, probably used as a chink puppet to debilitate west so china can start ww3 (with technoAfrica) circa 2060.

>Does Russia's invasion of Ukraine make good sense, geopolitically speaking?
No, and pootin himself said he was forced to.
I'd add that Russia start losing their veichles in huge numbers, that's very fucked since they don't have a the same means as the US to rebuild them quickly.
Plus, if they don't get the victory they want ASAP and will be forced to retire from Ukraine on less favourable terms, Ukraine will be justified to join NATO.
Apart from that pootin went too far, I expect slow and painful western economic measures until a regime change.
>b but muh china
You're probably too young to recall the pre 1989 world, google "iron curtain" China definitely doesn't want to go back there with russia

These concerns obviously predate Crimea.

Idiot Russian land is further away when nato is on Poland border
Ukraine means borderlands in russian

It‘s honestly amazing to see how it works for boomers and zoomers equally here.