I'm hearing a lot fo people mispronounce Kyiv recently. All globohomo tv/radio personalities seem to be saying "Keev"

I'm hearing a lot fo people mispronounce Kyiv recently. All globohomo tv/radio personalities seem to be saying "Keev".

What's going on here? Normally I would chalk this up to westerners just being retards, but it seems intentional, and we know that globohomo loves to use language as a weapon.

Any anons have insight?

Attached: kyiv.jpg (1579x1439, 894.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev
youtu.be/-5wqzS0mDK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you switched timelines

i don't care how i pronounce shitholes.

Most of the retards in this country can barely read English or refrain from speaking in abrupt Ebonics, user. They really are just stupid.

Biden said Keev so they're covering for him. Pretending It's normal.

The real name for Kiev is Kiev.
Keev is a soilent leftist version to avoid calling it by its real name since the name is Russian.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev

In Russian it's called Kiev. In the fake language of Ukrainian it' scalled Kyiv. Ukrainian nationalists/globohomo shills us the Ukrainian spelling.

It has always been KHEE-YEV up until a week ago. Not sure what happened. Has anyone thought about what the implications here are for chicken kiev?

Attached: photo-1446776653964-20c1d3a81b06.jpg (900x900, 55.2K)

it's their way of pretending ukraine is a real country with history instead of just russian borderlands

Stop being retarded, people used to say Peking instead of Beijing. So what?

You're correct.

We used to call iraq eye-rack and iran eye-ran. But now you have to say it the globo homo way. Ir-rack. Ir-ran

Same with ukraine. It used to be ok to call it the ukraine until like 5ish years ago. 10 maybe

THIS

Fuck you OP. K I E V

>Oy vey the goyim know! shut it down!

Biden happened.
The country now has to change its name for biden to save face or they will get no support

Deliberate plan to say that "Kiev" is the evil Russian way of saying it
They tried the same shit with ISIS and ISIL and whatever else they tried to rebrand it as.

So sick of these assholes changing it to keeve. Its fucking key ev. Who the hell is going to order chicken keeve? Haggis sounds more appetizing .
It sounds like chicken cat with a hairball
Keeve keeve keeve keeeevvveee

Attached: tenor (15).gif (320x240, 3.67M)

It's all irrelevant, the name will be changed to Putingrad soon enough.

>Heard it pronounced kiev my entire life
>Suddeenly everyone starts pronouncing it keev
Some user said it's because kyiv/keev is closer to the Ukrainian pronounciation. They must follow a script though for everyone to just change pronounciation and spelling at once even though Kiev was the norm for so long.

>If CNN says it's kyev, the opposite is true.
It's spelled KIEV.
KIEV.
KIEV.
KiEV.

Same reason why people are no longer saying "The Ukraine".

I just think that the jews who run the media believe Americans are too retarded to pronounce Kiev properly so they are just going with "keev" because it's easier for American nigger retards.

Attached: 111111aaaaaa.png (500x489, 257.75K)

I thought I was having a schizo moment about Kiev last night. Its Key-ev, right?

Yes until like a week ago it was Kiev. Then every Anglo media source suddenly started calling it Kyiv.

I love chicken keev

Reeeeeeev!

Every single map on Google has been changed to Kyiv. Every other search engine they still say kiev. I have no clue what is going on or why they would spend so much effort on such a minor thing.

Attached: Screenshot_20220224-164138_Chrome.jpg (1080x829, 767.57K)

Here's a map from WW2 in case you're confused about the proper spelling of place names in South Western Russia.

Attached: 1623860729660.png (602x361, 61.39K)

Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kiev
>Kiev
Kia
Ultima

I always presumed "key-ev" was a westernised version but the local version was more single syllable like "kyev". Just noticed Wikipedia is claiming its "keev" now. Is there any way of checking if that's a recent edit?

Key-uv
uv as in luv aka mispronounced love

After rightfully calling my countrymen illiterate retards, I decided to look further into it. I guess the "KIEV" pronunciation is closer to the Ukrainian pronunciation, whereas "KYEV" is closer to the Russian one. So, Ukrainians get uppity about it if you say it in the Russian way, I guess. I don't know how accurate this pronunciation guide is, but it at least makes sense: youtu.be/-5wqzS0mDK0

another example of how journalists are slime

its Kiev. Now that we are on this subject wtf is a Cologne?? I know a german city named Köln

Why the sudden urge for correct Slavic pronunciations?

Do we call Munich München?
Do we call Cologne Köln?
Do we fucking call Warsaw Warszawa???

This is weird. Western Anglo dogs have always prided themselves on Anglicizing everything and just running with it.

What's with this place called Kalingrad?
Do people mean Koerningsberg??

>363047337

Some nigger Mandela shit going on. Up until a couple weeks ago I've never heard anyone fucking pronounce it like "keev". The fuck is this shit.

they do

yes, i understand, very comlicated, you also let your name be written on a carbboard cup while ordering coffee and use plastic cutlery while at home. long story short, there is more stuff that makes zero sense what you do move on

Western people cannot read and pronounce cyrillic alphabet. The "e" in cyrillic is a soft "e" pronounced as "ye", those who didn't learn Russian will 100% mispronounce it. There are also differences between Russian and Ukrainian languages.

And for that matter what is Bavaria? You mean Bayern?

I dunno why the Anglos are backing down now, they've always Anglicized every foreign city, country, word, whatever. Why pussy out now?

Attached: lebritmerchant.jpg (680x458, 84.85K)

anyone who has been alive for more than 2 years knows it's Kiev