5 years ago I wanted to make a game for Any Forums that was a parody of how bad the world is...

5 years ago I wanted to make a game for Any Forums that was a parody of how bad the world is. Now the real world is so bad there is no point making the game because everything idea has gone from parody to reality.

It was going to be like "Space Station 13" except through Any Forums's eyes, taking place on Earth, in our world but all the Any Forums aspects taken to the absurdist extreme (kikes run everything, niggers looting everything, gays turning your kids into trannies, etc, and you are just a powerless wite boi in the middle of it all, if players try to join together the (((CIA))) comes and breaks it up, etc)

It sounded incredibly fun then. But now that you have to live it in real life why would you want to also play it in a game?

Attached: file.png (1619x848, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xi2M6IjURwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Another issue is most of Any Forums has stopped playing games. Zoomers are not interested in games pertaining to racism or wrongthink.

Just going to let Lorena lay there huh?
fucking coward.

I play games if they're worthwhile like SS13 but not shitty clones like Barotrauma and whatever OP's idea game would've been.

Make a game, an rpg, that is your ideal version of the world. Take ideas from different anons here. Instead of parodies, create a world that you want to see.

I would have played it a few years ago. It still sounds somewhat interesting. But honestly I can't be fucked anymore. I might pop in and play but for the most part nobody is going to be interested in edgy shit anymore.

speak for yourselves i think it sounds great. in fact i'm gonna have to steal this idea. although i'm a little rusty at making games...and it takes a long time...hmm. well. i mean if i had some more people on board to take the stress off maybe i would. OP you want to collab? i mean your idea is already similar to my idea anyway.

I can collab. But only if someone can convince me this game can make money. Even if it's just from cryptocurrency. Also if we don't have a playable demo by the end of 1 month then I quit. Also if there isn't at least 3 people on the team by then I will quit. Nevermind fuck it I lost interest. Sounds slightly cool but think of the amount of WORK.

And for what?? There's an 80% chance nobody will play. And on the 20% chance they do, there's almost no chance it will get more than $10,000 profit.

don't bother. the age of 2d indie games is dead. if a game like Rimworld released today it would disappear into the void never to be played. even if it is multiplayer.

>Space Station 13
BASED

Will it be on the same engine as Space Station 13? That would be a mistake.

>Will it be on the same engine as Space Station 13?
No lol. It will be a 2D browser multiplayer game. There are a few of those out right now that are popular. For example "Vampire Survivors" is the #20 on Steam charts right now with 46,000 players. And it's LITERALLY a hunk of shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=xi2M6IjURwY

It's been out for 3 months and it has 46,000 players right now. Crazy.

It has to be 2D because 3D games have too high of gameplay mechanics standards. You need complex battle systems etc, whereas this game isn't about that, it's a simulator, like Space Station 13 or Rimworld. It's about what actions you can take to effect the world as a whole, not really how many sick combos you can chain together or something like that.

true for normies, untrue for autists
if it's good and it has that thing that gets you hooked, they'll always be people who play it

besides, it's not so much about others as it is about yourself making it
lots of respect to vassili for der sieg and sapo for mystery of epstein island

Also, just because I said "browser game" doesn't mean it's ONLY a browser game. Vampire Survivors is playable on PC through Steam as well, and could even be on consoles if they wanted. All it means is it's built with "browser technologies" which means it "can" be played in a browser but doesn't have to be. There's not much easier than browser game dev workflow.

That actually sounds fun as shit because I know what a shitshow ss13 can be.

I remember you I think. You said Rimworld would be shit compared the game you were going to make.

>lots of respect to vassili for der sieg and sapo for mystery of epstein island
yea definitely

Yeah that was me. I also told them I would not be able to work on it without crowdfunding so I can quit my job but at the end of the day nobody was willing to crowdfund it. Which is understandable just saying. All I needed was $5000 to fund 5 months of development, because I can easily live on $1000 a month. I made 1 game before that got me $200,000 but I spent it all (this was 7 years ago) so I have the skills. I just am stuck at this shitty wagie job right now and can't do anything while working there so much. In 5 months this game would already be nicely playable.

So everyone kind of shit on me for needing the crowdfunding, which is understandable. But quite honestly I can not work 40 (actually 45) hours per week and develop a game. Maybe if I was on adderall or something but I'm not.

yeah nobody is going to give you $5000 for this. Undertale got like, $80,000 crowdfunding, but your game is wrongthink. It's unacceptable and there's no platform to fund it on where it won't be pulled immediately. You will never get enough attention for $5000, even as measly as that amount is.

The average crowdfunding donation is $10. You would need 500 people to reach your $5000 goal. There aren't even 500 people on all of Any Forums. Your idea is doomed. There simply isn't enough redpilled people out there to reach 500 people. Besides you have not posted any Discord link or anything for people to get involved in the project.