BASED BRITS TRASHING (((METRIC))) SYSTEM!

thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-ministers-tasked-with-looking-for-economic-benefits-of-reintroducing-imperial-units-313176/

Attached: B A S E D.png (1047x976, 663.28K)

imperial system is fucking retarded.
no wonder they want to reintroduce it.
they got BLM too

imagine not using both
t. woodworker

then go for metric so you dont need a calculator to convert between units

who says i convert lol. i let the wood speak to me. one piece might need to be cut to a quarter inch while another can be cut to some cm or mm measurement. it really doesnt matter for my applications

it all depends on wood grain, presence of knots, how precise i need to be here or there, or what i can fudge. each system has its uses. and only a brainlet cant make them work together harmoniously

thats not what i meant.
like for converting square foot/yards to square inches
and yes, in construction you sometimes have to do it, as pressure is expressed in lbs/sq. in but surfaces are usually expressed in sq.ft
in metric you just move the comma around

Why should I care what some cookie munching faggots care about. Go sip your tea and die, kike.

the Conservative party do this every now and then so they can pretend like they are actually conserving something

You sound upset for someone who doesn't care.

unless someone is a super mega ultra autist making "standard" shit, one can make any custom fabrication using any combo of measurements, any amount of glue, welds, paint, grinding, sanding, etc. the shit i make looks good, is solid as shit, and is comprised of a chaotic series of precision and brutality

some americans are confused by variety.
i believe this is more of a fear response than anything else

imperial is for brainlets, fitting for anglos

Attached: 1515685444957.jpg (757x798, 132.73K)

oh good, finally can return to buying 17 monkeys of apples when I drive 4 fathoms to the shop

most custom shit is basically cut until it fits. plans and blueprints in cad or sketchup do have their value, but no plan survives first contact

Imperial respects the laws of nature. Metric is globhomo bullshit.

sure, why not
fact of the matter is: in europe we mainly use mortars and bricks.
and when youre working for the first time with a glue, or with a new kind of isolation, you better be damn sure about your calculations or shit comes crashing down.

occasionally it comes down regardless, but you have to be able to defend your way out of the trouble.

>Shrieking in stuttering powers of ten
When your unit of measure starts chucking out denominations because they are useless, your system is heavily flawed.
>Powers of ten are less complicated!
So it's idiot proof? Give an idiot your best system and he will break it. I would ask you what a hectometer is but you would just Google it.
>Just switch to metric so you don't need a calculator!
Why? In this day and age you literally always have a calculator in your pocket, and if you are doing any sort of trade you are probably good at converting anyways. Asking someone what an 1/8" is is a good way to weed out the shitty from promising apprentices. It's 0.125" btw. FUCK! Did I just express a fractional measurement as a decimal? That was the one thing your system had going for it outside of globohomo. Metric really use fucking useless, and the only reason it needs to be known is because retards can't operate a system that only requires you to be able to divide by an even number that isn't 10.

T.machinist

fuck.
worked on a construction site with like 10 architects.

you would have trouble finding a proper 90°angle anywhere.
plans were made retroactively.
the roof had to be lifted 50 cm upwards because brainlet architect doesnt understand how doors work

>no plan survives contact
yeah sometimes theres no plan to begin with kek

thats retarded hubris.

> In this day and age you literally always have a calculator in your pocket
i bet you never worked on a construction site
or you only done finishing work.
a system in which i dont need a calculator in the first place is superior anyways.

>I would ask you what a hectometer is but you would just Google it.
its 100m. its literally in the name. and its why imperial is so shit.

Honestly, I find it bizarre how people complain about using both systems. Anyone who grew up in a Commonwealth country or the US usually understands both. Imperial measures have the benefit of ergonomics and work very well for human scale applications. Metric measures have their place elsewhere.
It's so odd that the people who seem to complain the most about using more than one system of measures also happen to take pride in the fact that they know more than one language.
>hurr, why do you need to know more than one language? just use da bess one!

Also all the road signs in the UK are in miles. They never changed them.

The average person in the UK has always and still uses imperial units for everything. The only place the metric system was used was on the labelling of goods, because the EU mandated it so.

No British person ever went to a pub and said "I'll take 0.56l of your finest ale please". They ask for a pint.
No British person ever said "it's just 1.6km down the road", then say it's a mile down the road.
No British person ever said "I weigh 63.5kg", then say I weigh 10 stone.
No British person ever said "My garden is 4046 square meters", they say it's 1 acre.

We all known imperial units, and we all use them every single day.

This is true.
Inch is the last joint of a manlet's thumb.
Foot is a manlet's foot.
We basically just use manlets to measure everything.