Sage meta

I'm a newfag. Can someone explain what's up with 'sage'?

I don't understand the concept. I really don't.

Why can't you say sage?

Attached: Imagepipe_0.jpg (474x676, 71.91K)

you can't let them know of your wisdom!

Attached: 1620142121270.jpg (736x1094, 113.99K)

>362472164
its da joos

Jannies are butthurt emotional faggots who can handle being told to kill themselves, but can't handle people announcing that their opinions are not worthy of attention.

Still don't get it

Attached: 1645548426710.jpg (657x527, 31.99K)

sage used to not bump threads when replying, that shit doesn't work anymore and retards still use it like it does.

you can say 'kys' but not 'sage'? Huh?

Attached: 1645452887145.jpg (679x516, 28.88K)

you aren't actually supposed to announce a sage like that, can be reported.
just put it in "options"
and so 'sage goes in all fields' is actually bad practice :P

Attached: 3.png (372x218, 6.9K)

Because you can't announce a sage. This isn't KC where it's shown when you do it.

because people will bump it just to troll you if you announce it and it will turn in to a dumpster fire

If it doesn't work why would I be banned for saying sage ? Don't understand this

Attached: 1645540610856m.jpg (1024x576, 33.34K)

exactly this
just make your point if any and quietly sage.

Yes. It is more insulting to someone on the internet to say they are attention seeking faggots than it is to kill themselves.

I didn't report anything... Just said sage...

So saving does still work ? Its sth like a downvote?

Attached: 1645462708016.jpg (500x500, 26.89K)

DONT ANNOUCE A FUCKING SAGE
jesus christ you stupid cunt shut the fuck up now

Attached: lindsay.png (746x808, 462.29K)

it works but you can't tell people you're doing it to a thread because the jannies don't want brigading or people to get a bandwagon effect whereby they recognize they can just reply to threads they don't like without giving the OP the necessary "air to breathe" to keep their thread alive, suffocating them in a barrage of "fuck you faggot die" posts, which most people would do if they were aware they could do it and why you have to hide your sagacious wisdom.

Attached: 1626014769496.gif (498x278, 501.58K)

bro.
if you write "sage" in the text field you are annoucning to others that u saged or want them to.
i am showing you this is an option when reporting you, if you annouced a sage (you did) then you broke a rule etc

Why not ? Didn't even put 'sage' in the options, I just said it. So technically it wasn't a sage

Put sage in the options field
And move on, don't over think it.

this, now let the thread die OP it's okay.
now ya know!

Posting just to announce that you've saged brings zero new content to the thread and is generally dumb as sage is not a downvote. Announcing reports is probably against the rules because it could be used to encourage others to spam reports on someone who might not have broken any rules. So the next time you should read the rules more carefully OP.

So it does still work? Because another user said it would not.

People have been announcing it for years. They usually get away with it too even though it’s always been against the rules.

You don't understand how deep this goes. Zoomers I know say, OUT LOUD, "sayj" like the plant, and-or 'wise old person.' They say it, out loud, when they mean the concept "based." It's very sad.

try it out without announcing it
go to a thread on page 8
put it in the options field
post a picture
who cares?

(You)

I think I got it now

I'm a sage now

announcing sage became against the rules because some dead boards say it a lot and it just agitated the OPs in the thread enough to keep a thread no one cares about alive.

keep it secret
keep it safe

Attached: 1620350942482.jpg (500x377, 23.49K)

please don't tell me this post was the point of your thread.

In thyme you will understand.

Interesting

It wasn't. Just came up with this on the fly

I miss the polite sage

in
all fields
kys
reported

Elaborate

One of those subhuman cunts banned me for 24 hours for me posting that I hoped that another user ended up getting doxxed. However, we all can tell each other to kill ourselves all day, every day. I didn't say I was going to dox them or anything like that, just that I hoped that getting doxxed was their fate. Another time, I got banned for three days because I posted that I had a young GF (she is in her early 20's and I am in my 40's.)

To the little bitch weakling jannies reading this: SEETHE, BITCHES. HAVE SEX. OH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T. ALSO, YOU WILL NEVER BE WOMEN. YOU WOULD COWER IN FEAR IN MY PHYSICAL PRESENCE.

>One of those subhuman cunts banned me for 24 hours for me posting that I hoped that another user ended up getting doxxed.
I have a similar story. Some guy posted a dox here and I just said "thanks" and got banned for 3 days. Fucking bullshit.

Didn't you hear? Downvotes aren't okay anymore. Because it is wrongthink.

Was just banned for 30 days for asking why I was banned in the first place

Had to get a new IP, took 30 seconds.

Yawn jannies,

Attached: 1645521780794s.jpg (250x140, 1.9K)

sage doesn't bump the thread. it used to be that posters would manage the catalogue themselves by choosing to not bump when posting.
we also used to have "age" which bumps the thread, and was used to show appreciation.
all that shit is gone now. just a bunch of brain dead fucking retard niggers banging rocks together in the ruins of a dead civilization.

LOL, they are so fucking powerless. Leftists are truly the most worthless and lowest form of soulless humanoid on the face of the earth.

Interesting, thanks for the info

i just downvoted your thread

LOL

People used to, before this place became so popular, not care about off topic as much, and also cared more about the overall quality of whatever board they were on rather than just the thread. Things were slower. Sometimes people would say "polite sage" like to avoid necroing a thread but still wanting to comment. I think the catalogue has a lot to do with it people dont browse the board by scrolling the index as much, they look for their threads and just go to town, but whatever.