Black Farmers Fear Foreclosure as Debt Relief Remains Frozen

Lawsuits from white farmers have blocked $4 billion of pandemic aid that was allocated to Black farmers in the American Rescue Plan.

For Brandon Smith, a fourth-generation cattle rancher from Texas, the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that President Biden signed into law nearly a year ago was long-awaited relief.

Little did he know how much longer he would have to wait.

The legislation included $4 billion of debt forgiveness for Black and other “socially disadvantaged” farmers, a group that has endured decades of discrimination from banks and the federal government. Mr. Smith, a Black father of four who owes about $200,000 in outstanding loans on his ranch, quickly signed and returned documents to the Agriculture Department last year, formally accepting the debt relief. He then purchased more equipment for his ranch, believing that he had been given a financial lifeline.

Instead, Mr. Smith has fallen deeper into debt. Months after signing the paperwork he received a notice informing him that the federal government intended to “accelerate” foreclosure on his 46-acre property and cattle if he did not start making payments on the loans he believed had been forgiven.

“I trusted the government that we had a deal, and down here at the end of the day, the rug gets pulled out from under me,” Mr. Smith, 43, said in an interview.

Black farmers across the nation have yet to see any of Mr. Biden’s promised relief. While the president has pledged to pursue policies to promote racial equity and correct decades of discrimination, legal issues have complicated that goal.

But the entire initiative has been stymied amid lawsuits from white farmers and groups representing them that questioned whether the government could offer debt relief based on race.

archive.fo/gQjKf

Attached: 00dc-blackfarmers01-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg (1200x1199, 102.93K)

>$4 billion of pandemic aid that was allocated to Black farmers in the American Rescue Plan.

Sounds racist to me. Why are we segregating blacks again? I'd expect nothing less from this administration, though.

bump

>For Brandon Smith
>the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that President Biden signed into law nearly a year ago was long-awaited relief.
Let's go Brandon!

Are there any blacks today with thick moustaches?

Good. Fuck niggers

>Lawsuits from white farmers have blocked $4 billion of pandemic aid that was allocated to Black farmers in the American Rescue Plan.

>white
>Black

Attached: 1619273933958.jpg (842x656, 435.61K)

>owes about $200,000
> 46-acre property
Keep the niggers out of the debt max threads please.

Every race is degenerated from xenoestrogens.

Becuase black land owners have been historically discriminated against and prevented from setting up family wealth for their descendants. White owners had generations to build up family wealth and property and had a massive head start. But now they dont blacks to have a chance to catch up

He's not even black. Its a spic hybrid.

>Mr. Smith, a Black father of four who owes about $200,000 in outstanding loans on his ranch, quickly signed and returned documents to the Agriculture Department last year, formally accepting the debt relief. He then purchased more equipment for his ranch, believing that he had been given a financial lifeline.
Ayo so nigger be acting nigger rich spending money as fast, or in this case faster, than he actually got it.

Well I’m just shocked

Attached: E99F94E6-0C38-4284-AA59-FEAF13FFB791.jpg (333x500, 126.49K)

Lol. Niggers can't finance and even farmer niggers need gibs.

I don't give a shit about them.

> 46 acre ranch
Nigger please.

Fuck that.
Millions of others have come here after slavery from other shitholes and they managed just fine.

It’s a personal favorite of mine though: the left being as unequivocally racist as possible by treating niggers like brain damaged toddlers who can’t into life.

Attached: 3E2EA1EE-E17C-4EA5-88D6-7243806C4A8E.jpg (710x792, 205.33K)

Oh no people who oppose racism have a problem with a violently in-your-face racist policies of treating one group of people above others wow how could this have happened who could have predicted this.

Honestly USA should have killed everyone in their government the moment these kinds of racist policies started being normalized.

>Becuase black land owners have been historically discriminated against and prevented from setting up family wealth for their descendants.
Entire branches of my family tree do not exist anymore because the men who made them died giving niggers their freedom. What about my family wealth?

Why doesn't he just pay off some of that debt using the additional revenue generated from his new equipment?

The USDA would likely LOVE to shove money at him. They have carve outs specifically for the """disadvantaged""" that negates all requirements that would prevent anyone else from accessing those same funds.

>$200,000 in debt
I know tractors and feed are expensive but damn, what is he spending that money on? Diamond grills for his cows?
>He then purchased more equipment for his ranch [before his application was approved], believing that he had been given a financial lifeline.
>"I trusted the government."
well there's your problem. So did all the commies who thought their student debt would be forgiven.

Attached: lasagna.gif (640x360, 392.9K)

Stop being racist

Attached: C85F0115-E961-4993-B73C-B00D9E1D7B57.jpg (600x508, 49.73K)

What How are you alive?