WWIII is coming, take the HAM pill

why haven't you gotten your HAM radio license yet, anons?
>emergency comms
>control your own infrastructure
>not censorable by ZOG
>frequencies are technically regulated but you don't need a license to listen/gather intel

the FCC already nuked GMRS communications on Chinese radios in 2021. knowing how to work a base station/repeater may be the only way to stay informed in the hard times to come.

73s, faggots.

Attached: hamradio.jpg (1200x630, 72.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice rig. i enjoy my icom 7300.

Why bother with a license? Fuck that shit.

What would one need to spend for something decent? I'm getting myself a small portable one just to listen next month but it would be nice to have something fancy like that at home. I'm a noob tho

rockin' the kenwood ts-2000 over here

you should really learn the differences between UHF, VHF and HF before you settle on a choice
If you're convinced you want to start on UHF/VHF, I'd at least get one with 6m band.
Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Yaesu and Kenwood. I've heard good and bad things about Icom, but I've never owned one, so I don't wanna speak for it.

Not interested in ham per se, but i am interested in SDR.
Any recommendations?
Im after something that has a wide range so i can do all sorts of dumb shit in my spare time.
Satellites seem like an ok challenge to me.
All the ones i look at have pros and cons.

Attached: airspy_board_right.png (353x280, 170.5K)

ICOMs are great. Prefer Yaesu myself but even the ChiCom shit is pretty damn good these days.
For practice, user. Nothing more. Nobody will care about your licensure status when happenings overwhelm North America.
You can get a solid VHF/UHF rig as a base station for under $100. I'd recommend a KT-8900D or an AnyTone-AT-778UV. The latter is my favorite as it's cheaper and has access to more transmit frequencies.
Don't forget an antenna - Nagoya makes good ones for under $50.
If you wanna go super cheap, you can get a Baofeng UV-5R for under $25, but don't expect to be able to hit anything beyond 5 miles or so unless you have access to a repeater nearby.
CHIRP is your friend - chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

Can anyone give me any pointers for getting my license? I looked into it a while back and tried a practice exam but it was loaded with stuff I didn't understand. So clearly I'm retarded. How do I get started in a non jewish manner?

OH neat I am just having a flashback of me and my dad having something like that back in the 90s. I completely forgot about that. Thx for the product names

I don't know how Canada tests, but in the US, the ARRL maintains an "answer bank" with hundreds of questions and answers. Only a fraction of those questions will be on the test, so memorization is key.
Once you get into the higher licenses (General and Extra in the US), practice is better than studying.

communicate with God instead, user.

Attached: IMG_0792_800x.jpg (800x1067, 124.66K)

Du you even need a license for trucker-comms? Again I am new to this but I am kida stuck on skyking since weeks and now I want a setup

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where "feed" and "seed" both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

I'm not sure about Germany, user.
Here in the US, that's a separate unregulated frequency set called CB (Citizen's Band). Truckers still kinda use it but the range is very limited. Typically it requires a separate radio from HAM or GMRS.
do both. bless you and 73s.

>why haven't you gotten your HAM radio license
Why would I need a fucking license during WW3?

I have both the rtl-sdr.com dongle and the nesdr dongle. I have ran both with the ham it up, up converter and cant tell the difference. I have my nesdr dongle scraping 433 for my weather station and the rtl-sdr.com one connected to my sdr server. both have been rock solid.

Ah I see. Well the last time I really dealt with radio was like 1995

Skyking bands are typically HF here in the US, but the military also uses VHF/UHF comms for local ops.
If you had an HF rig in Europe last week, you'd be able to hear the interruptions from Big Vlad firing up the radar machines. Probably still can.
Stay warm, fren, and pray for an early Spring.

Dumb fucker, i don't need a license to transmit HAM, just a willingness to brake the useless laws. And the legitimacy of our nations and also laws are dwindling. Plus, if im on HF, i can use a directional antenna and count on enough fuckers hearing me whilest making me much harder to direction find. Idiot. Fuck your gay ass license. Just move around, and don't transmit for long times, use directionals. Not that hard.

which radio to get from aliexpress that doesn't break the law too hard?

>license
> ww3

dude what? it's not like they will fine me.

Attached: 1628986271418.gif (546x410, 3.46M)

literally a glowwie who wants people to register for an authority. Just buy your fucking gear and have fun.

just use common sense and read between the lines, you incredulous butt-pumpers.
Baofeng UV-5R for short-distance local comms, KT-8900D if you want a decent base station.

>Just buy your fucking gear and have fun.
agreed desu. try not to let your gf get raped by Somalians.

this stuff is super illegal in this cucked nation and I live close to a Yankee base so it's probably even more illegal. Any Germanons here that are HAMpilled and could help?

>All hell breaking loose
>Using ham radio to help people
>Hear a knock at your door
>Oi m8 you got a loisence for that ham?

Attached: 1538250329470.jpg (343x481, 38.91K)

Attached: its_chang.gif (547x410, 3.46M)