Goldbacks

>What are goldbacks
Goldbacks are currency "bills" that make trading gold for small transactions possible

>What are the benefits?
They make gold based currency by putting atomically accurate quantities of gold on individual bills

>What are the downsides?
They are less economically efficient than buying a whole 1oz gold coin. A 1oz coin is like ~$1880, while a 1/1000 Goldback is $3-5 despite being worth $1.8 in gold weight.

>Can they be melted down?
Yes a fire assay done by a jeweler or pawn shop can easily recover their gold value

>Why not just stack silver coins?
Not a bad idea either. However this thread seeks to focus more on trading gold in small transactions. If you want silver then more power to you, however, we are hear to talk GOLD

>What do we do ITT?
We discuss our own goldback collections & experiences. Where/How did you get your goldbacks? Have you used them anywhere?

>What if I think gold backs are retarded? Muh buyers premium!
Then let us know. My basic premise is that fiat money is worthless anyway. It doesn't matter if im facing a steeper price because my gold has atomically measured through a proprietary patented process. Fiat dollar bills are worthless, something we can all agree on.

Attached: 1000.jpg (1512x2016, 460.04K)

That's literally worthless lmao. Just get actual gold.

>atomically accurate quantities of gold
what does this mean

You pay %200 premiums.

The little gold dust is wasted by being stuck on this piece of shit flimsy plastic. Just use real metals.

200%
I'm a dumbass noonga.

this

dude just kill some kobolds its easier

Yeah I'm just getting real gold

Gold backs sound like a good idea for a based currency but since physical silver is heavily devalued due to paper shorting I'll pass.

Goldbacks are a meme currency. I always thought of the idea as more of a wake up call to the goyim masses than an actual alternative. It's a palatable redpill is all it is. It's valuable in that sense, but you're better off buying Bullion for cheap. When the (((dollar))) collapses, you should have no problem trading bullion. The only problem might arise is for smaller transactions but realistically I think people will be able to hack up their bullion into small pieces for stuff like that. Check out backyard bullion pouring. It's already a thing. People melt down bars of silver and make ~2 gram slivers. If people find out you're adulterating your metal then they'll come by and crack your head. That's probably what happened in the old days as well.

I like the concept and hope it becomes more popular, but they still have a couple of problems, like
– Fuckhuge premium, which eventually will decrease as the production increases and becomes cheaper.
– The notes don't look resistant enough to be used for long periods of time. If regular banknotes already deteriorate in no time Imagine how bad these can get after lots of transactions and careless owners.
– Lack of security elements to deter counterfeiting (no, being created in a novel way isn't enough). The only reason you don't see fakes of these is because there's not enough interest in doing it (yet).

The yellow in these things actually is a tiny layer of gold, which is what gives value to the notes. The high premium other anons commented comes from the cost of producing (novel process, small scale, non-gold materials used in their creation, need to get more gold to make more notes) and distributing (stores selling them will add their share on top of the cost) them, and is "lost" during the first transaction using them because shops will accept them at the price stated in Goldback's website (1 GB = $3.87 at the moment), which can be lower than the price gold shops sell them.

I think its a really cool idea, and it could be very useful as a daily currency.
I have a few of these bills and they are pretty durable, the main issue is eventually they WILL degrade, and what can be done to reclaim them then?

So here is why gold backs are relevant:
The smallest quantity of gold you can buy is a 1/25th ounce coin
That would be like a 40 Goldback - which don't exist. Goldbacks are made of real gold that can be melted down by a jewler/pawn shop with a basic fire assay.

There are already electronic services that keep physical gold and add / remove physical gold from your account when you spend it on a card. This paper is jewish shit.

ok but what does this mean:
>atomically accurate quantities of gold
and actually explain it this time

niggerbacks

>Be jew
>Notice that goyim are starting to buying precious metals.
>Start rubbing hands together
>Sell meme currency for 2x the underlying value.
>Start thread on mongolian basket weaving forum to encourage purchasing these meme currencies.
There is zero reason you wouldn't just buy silver and gold. Using silver for small transactions, and gold for larger ones.

>1/1000th troy once
OP, you shitty shill. I just buy actual gold.
Why would I buy some electroplated piece of shit?
All fields, faggot.

>Blocks your path
Nothing personal kid

Attached: 800-wc.jpg (400x400, 41.71K)

If I wanted gold for an insane premium I'd buy more of these.

Attached: Helvetia.jpg (1857x1647, 586.1K)

I grabbed 5 of these at an antique store last week.

Attached: 534C69B6-A047-45E8-AB6E-5B77B3AFB2FF.png (750x1334, 3.7M)

It means a precise quantity of gold is added at an atomic level - the process of creating a goldback is by bombarding a layer of polymer with gold patticles.

he means that the bill contains the amount of gold written on the bill. in the case of the OP pic that is 1/1000th of an oz.

For $12? Or $60?

I would never trade for those, but I would trade for gold/silver coins.

fun idea but they are worthless.

this, same value no bullshit.

Pic rel, my goldback

Attached: 3B446B2E-158F-4B19-8769-2ED4DA5117B1.jpg (901x1600, 288.21K)

I beleive its actually the mormons who are spearheading this. Nice try though.

Bills are more convenient
Crypto is even more convenient.