Self sufficient living

What are your tips on starting to live self sufficiently, off the grid, and invisible to the ZOG?

Attached: 375790AD-59B3-4E10-AA1C-E4435221F19D.jpg (980x1024, 235.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barndominiumlife.com/what-is-a-shouse/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'll want to have at least 6 braphogs and 8 slampigs for your farm.

Ignore the windmill in the pic, that shit’s not doing anything.

learn how to be nice, barter, and have something to barter with.

I lost my virginity to a watermelon. Maybe grow watermelons.

That's not totally true, on a breezy day it goes
>woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh

I’m not really thinking about community living or anything, I just want to be free.

Get land
>start immediately on fencing
>start immediately on garden
>secure your water source
>get livestock guardian dogs
>work as hard as you can
>stock wood for heat like a fucking jew. there is no such thing as too much wood
>work hard
>work hard

Need to cut down trees on my acre to do this. What’s the least pozzed way without permits and getting killed by falling logs? My husband doesn’t wanna cut the trees but I told him nothing will grow If we don’t clear at least some of it . Tree leaves also suck , there’s too many trees anyway

Attached: 1D592514-71F8-4778-B35C-C5EE92BD8D21.jpg (225x225, 11.85K)

$5 thousand for a stupid sound. I’ll get wind chimes and split the difference.

this is why I've been trying, but failing to grow coffee trees I've killed 32 coffee trees in my attempt.

No one on this board is doing any of this shit lmao

Probably won’t get killed by logs if you’re careful. You really just gotta cut them down nothing more to it.

Chainsaw. I have a husky 460 great mid range saw. You have to clear land to grow anything and to raise any animals. I can tell you haw to get rid of stumps without spending tons of cash if you want. The trees will provide wood for heat. Buck, split and stack.

well starve then user.

I’m thinking of something that’s sustainable long term. Like really long term. How much land do you need for the trees to grow back in time for wood?

I am putting a 'shouse' on some inherited acerage out in the boonies and decoupling myself from clownworld for good.
barndominiumlife.com/what-is-a-shouse/

Enjoy getting attacked by bandits, then.

Yeah you will

Amy?

and rural development loan

5 acres of forest will supply you with a lifetime of wood.

There’s no bandits in rural America. Even the police are scared to venture out there.

Based on what numbers?

You let the chickens our to do bug control on the plants right? (But not too long that they fuck with the plants).

My wife and I moved two years ago and now have 80 chickens, sheep and will have hogs in a few weeks. This spring we will have a 1000sqft garden.

And why are the police afraid to venture out into the wilderness?

That’s where the majority of the guns reside. Nobody who lives that far out isn’t armed and if you’re killed out there nobody will ever find your body.

Right. So if some tweaked out meth heads decide to murder you and take your stuff you've got noone to have your back or who will even know you're gone when it happens.

>automation

the thing that seperates a pretty good system from a perfect system

you can have greenrooms with automated insemination water sprinkling and harvest to cleaning to serving rations if you just keep working and thinking how possibly it could be more fit for a lazier person who rather work a lot so they dont have to work later

>How much land do you need for the trees to grow back in time for wood?

It’s not clear what you’re asking here user but I’ll try.

>if you’re talking about bare open land it will take decades - lifetimes - to regrow a substantial amount of wood. YMMV if you live somewhere tropical where you can grow eucalyptus or whatever. But if that’s the case firewood probably isn’t a concern for you.
>also forests don’t just pop back up. They heal over the land gradually and even then they go through a series of developmental stages called Forest Succession (basically going from new growth to Old growth).

If you’re talking about managing an existing Forest sustainably for firewood well then
>you’d need something like 5-10 acres of solid healthy forest.
>every year scout around for dead, diseased, damaged or other weirdo trees that NGMI.
>target and cut down, buck and split into firewood
>have good low impact access trails in your forest for logistics.
>some woods are better than others. Conifer species will produce creosote in your chimney. Which will require additional cleaning lest you risk chimney fires.

There’s more to it but that’s the broad strokes. Take the shit wood first to keep your healthy trees growing and “on the hoof”. If you have to select for timber harvesting try to do the same; take the worst and leave the best. Not only are you ensuring future timber supplies, you’re maintaining the best forest genetics for sustainable silviculture in perpetuity.

>t. Forest guy trying to figure out if he can heat a Canadian home using a woodlot about this size.

It would be a shitload of work but I think it’s doable.

Cool, we have quite a few stumps as well. For the smaller to medium sized trees I can just physically cut those down with a saw or something. We have pretty tall oaks and pines here in the barrens so taking care of that isn’t gonna be easy or cheap... I agree that most of them gotta go. We have some asshole neighbors using a price of our property near the more cleared section too... I don’t think they know it’s ours they are just land hogging with their cars. Once we move in for real they gotta go we have proof with our survey that they are trespassing. I’m familiar with chickens and keeping falconry birds, don’t want goats tearing everything up. Got a decent dog that protected my flock before in our previous location. Thinking of doing mostly berry bushes with bees and flowers mixed in, with some raised beds. Only thing I’m Worried about is deer and there seems to be a lot of moss near our home so that tells me it’s gonna shady when the trees fill out with leaves come spring.

Attached: E5C7EF77-FB90-45E0-B729-BCA47965A7D2.jpg (964x977, 831.36K)

By general rule of thumb tweaked out meth heads leave you alone if you leave them alone. Hillbillies aren’t like city niggers, they’re perfectly comfortable to live and let live and are probably friendly if you are to them.

It can pump water if you have a well. You do have a well, right user?

>Expects junkies to behave rationally
Ok retard

What kind of tree? Some you can just peel a layer of bark off and it will be dead and fall in a year. If you need it done sooner go buy a chainsaw. I love the gas ones but the electrics have come a long way, especially if you only need it every now and then.

Good to know. I was just asking how much land you would need to never exhaust your tree supply in firewood.

As a corollary to this; always watch for your regeneration; young trees growing in to become the next generation/cohort of forest growth. This is tomorrow’s timber/firewood.

A lot depends on the species’ shade tolerance but a good general rule is:

>where you have cut down tree(s), encourage the growth of new regeneration - or the release of existing growth.

Smaller trees are relatively easy to move. Ideally in spring/late fall when they are leafless and the ground is workable. Often they can be found struggling in the undergrowth. Transplant them to open areas to encourage future yield.

>off the grid
What's the point of that? If you don't get Ruby Ridge'd or Waco'd, your kids or grandkids certainly will.

I'm getting closer every day, I fucked my career & finances a few years ago and I'm rebuilding.

Just divert power from the solar panels to a crude electric pump.

Depends on the latitude.

Attached: UrNd6NBK22xKvi2.png (756x717, 779.64K)

tapping it would be easier and less noticeable bonus points if you plug it with some wood mushrooms after its fully drained

38* north

If you tell me the stump trick I’ll tell you a neat trick for getting rid of beaver dams.

>OFF-GRID
CHUD LARP DISSEMINATED BY GLOWIES.

Attached: folder.jpg (1400x1400, 293.68K)