Rene Guénon: The Greatest Any Forums author of all time

Why haven't you taken the /trad/ition pill yet user? Guénonfags are the highest IQ posters on this entire website. You can become one too if you stopped being a dumbass seething hylic

>Rene Guénon is the master of the 20th century
-Julius Evola

>He is certainly the most interesting person alive right now
-Carl Schmitt

Attached: punished guenon.png (700x700, 464.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=traditionalism&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: guenon chart.png (4096x3012, 1.46M)

No he is a larpgan that didnt read Aquinas and skip all the Patristican Scholar. Now get out of my Christian board.

Attached: 89694a3edf97d5a11f9ceaba2f1fce5c.jpg (421x640, 61.03K)

>he is a larpgan
pseud detected

Attached: luigi guenon.png (250x253, 93.4K)

Am I obliged to become a Muslim

no, there are many paths to take actually
he is an intropill to a whole new school of thought

like if you wanna get into evola, guenon is the starting point

He was a Muslim.

What do I need to read to be able to understand him

>He literally claims that Adan and Eve never sinned. Like most of the pagan traditions that stated that man is the way that it is because it doesnt possess virtue and he can go to the "absolute" by his own intellect, outright rejects what all Saint Augustine wrote and claims that everything is sincretism between west and east, between cultures, like most pagans state.
Yeah he is larpagan in my book.

to understand guenon or evola? I would combine them like this:
start with Guenon's social/modernity critique books:
>Crisis of the modern world
>East and West
>Reign of Quantity and the Signs of Times

you'll have a solid understanding of "Tradition"

then I would read evola's most Any Forums books
>metaphysics of war
>metaphysics of power

you will realize that Evola bases a lot of his ideas off of the Hindu/Aryan tradition. it's a good thing Guenon wrote intropilled Hindu books:
>Introduction to the Studies of the Hindu Doctrine

okay, now you can read Evola core like
>Revolt against the modern world
>Men Among the Ruins
>Ride the Tiger (would read Nietzsche before this tho)

Attached: Guenon_recc_1.png (6161x5009, 3.81M)

System of the Antichrist by Charles Upton which is listed on their is great too
and Against the Modern World by Sedgwick is good because it provides a comprehensive overview of the entire /trad/ school.
(I actually would recommend starting with this book)

Attached: evola.jpg (5000x3827, 2.72M)

You can take Guénonism into catholicism
this is actually what he recommended

he says in his book East and West to go study an eastern tradition and come back to the Catholic Church

>implying that being a muslim is a good thing
And? Ask a contemporary muslim scholar if he considers Guenon a muslim. I assure you that he wouldnt, especially knowing his ties with freemasonry. No keep coping, the day of the Lord is soon.

Attached: 784741.jpg (1200x1196, 594.19K)

Checked and thanks familia

If I don't read philosophy at all, what should I read so that I can go into Guenon and Evola's with a better understanding of the concepts they discuss?

you're in luck, there's no prerequisite reading to guenon.
I think picrel is the best starting point
it's a quick rundown of the entire school of thought and shows how Guenon influenced all these people like Evola, Dugin, Ananda Coomaraswamy, Frithjof Schuon, and even Prince Charles

highly recommend it

Attached: against the modern world.png (333x500, 148.21K)

archives are a good start
warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=traditionalism&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

I guess I was asking more if I need some basic background in philosophy before reading any of them. Thanks for the recs though

>basic background in philosophy
no, as I said, there's no prerequisite reading necessary for guenon

This type of discussion is a huge jack off.

Much like your posting