Mac and PC

Mac and PC.
Android and iPhone.
Why only two?
Is this the power of capitalism?

Attached: computer.jpg (3000x1688, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

unihertz.com/collections/smartphones
economics.utoronto.ca/jfloyd/modules/dcne.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Windows is effectively a monopoly. I think Linux and Mac combined is les than 20 percent of PCs

Look up Raspberry pi

Democrat or Republican?

Pretty big investment would be required to compete and no guarantee you can pry off a decent market share, plus anticompetitive behavior that goes unaddressed. Also anyone who gets close probably sells out because money. I think Samsung could compete easily but I’m sure google has threatened to stop using their devices.

3-body problem is np hard. you cant rig a market with more than two actors.

> i only know two things so there must be only two things
> i explain that with capitalism

Android more or less covers several different phone companies, they just use the same OS due to the fact that there's not a lot of options out there.

Also the big thing is apps you have to earn a lot of trust to get a bank or other financial institution onto your App Store.

Linux
BSD
That's just the software options, open hardware exists too.
RISC-V chips will probably become much more prominent in the coming decade

At the end of the day, a computer is just a tool. Too many people make it a lifestyle for some reason. Just pick what works best for you. I use a Mac for a lot of tasks, especially programming. Windows for gaming, and Linux for my home servers.

mac is only useful for art production (music/photo/video/graphic/etc). PC had a monopoly on the personal computer 100%

You do realize all those devices track your every movement and can give you a disease with radiation.

Install gentoo faggot

Unihertz phones have done nothing but impress me, if you're not in it for Facetime they are probably the best third option, had my atom until 4G wasn't supported in my area, and they've made up to spec phones since
unihertz.com/collections/smartphones

There will be a Chinese OS soon if it doesn't exist already.
Don't worry. The US will make it illegal.

This is the way

I assembled a pc for about €600 that has similar specs to a mid range mac. Loooool.

Raspberry Pi is not a viable alternative for a desktop. Seriously...

They make great Kodi boxes tho!

Attached: castro.jpg (474x474, 21.24K)

Yep. The goal of competition is to establish a winner, after all. Losers got out of business, companies merge and consolidate, etc. Eventually only one should be left.

Duopoly: Cournot-Nash Equilibrium
economics.utoronto.ca/jfloyd/modules/dcne.html

>Is this the power of capitalism?
It's called endstage capitalism. it's really nothing new. it's been a duopoly since atari and commodore went bankrupt in 95.
Android is up and coming though. You can use your Samsung phone as a desktop replacement. Chromebook as well seems to be doing it great in the us.

Android is open source so it has a lot more developers, which translates into a lot more innovation and features than iOS. While it's not perfect by any means, it is leaps and bounds better than iOS in every category but privacy.

there are more than 2 mobile OSes and more than 2 operating systems so your argument is already retarded. secondly, two choices are better than no choices that communism would provide. with some low level bleary eyed bureaucrat who gives zero fucks about providing a good platform and is only incentive is to spy on you and turn you in for more breadcrumbs.

I use ubuntu on desktop and grapheneOS on mobile.