Leviticus

Do Christians follow that thing?
If not, then why?
Doesn't that makes you a sinner?
Can you really pick and choose whatever you like from God's word?

I'm actually curious how the Leviticus is viewed.

Attached: Leviticus-Chapters.jpg (1280x720, 103.65K)

Isn't that meant specifically for the Levites?

Idk that's why I'm asking.
Pretty sure it's in the old testament too tho.

Follow all of the Bible.
Jesus is the salvation from the law that damns everyone.

NO HOMOS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD SO LONG AS IM A POSTER HERE! NEVER!

Attached: 6CA436E8-809E-4681-93C3-822AE4675173.gif (220x220, 90.41K)

Christ says in the new testament that he came to fulfill the law, and a number of disciples and christian writers (like Peter and Paul) who write after the resurrection of Christ essentially say that the law was fulfilled in Christ and that a Christian, through grace and the redemptive act of Christ's blood, are not beholden to the Law in the same ways.

They elaborate on how you're still expected not to kill, steal, or fuck everything that moves and still bound to love your neighbor, but they put forward the idea that Christ's redemptive act has freed christians from adherence to any old testament laws not centered around love of your neighbor - ie, dietary laws, clothing aesthetics, etc.

You make this thread every day while not being religious or knowing anything about the bible. All fields.

Leviticus was for Israel. Israel doesn't exist anymore. This is why Jesus let the adulteress go, because they were living under Roman law and not Levitical law.

Even this stuff?
7. Touching an unclean animal (5:2) [NIV translates this as touching “the carcass” of an unclean animal. So if Rover dies, or you’re a worker in a pork plant, you’re in trouble here. Normal penalty.]

3. Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God. Normal penalty.]

4. Eating blood (3:17) [Normal penalty]

23. Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 33 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

24. Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 66 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

60. Trimming your beard (19:27)

54. Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19)

Can you expand on this pls?
So people decided to let go of the leviticus on their own accord?

Jesus said "It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you, but that which comes out of it" (lies etc)

That's the general theological take. If you want -my- view it's something like this:

The only purpose of the Abrahmic line (the Jewish people) existing was to produce Christ because God said the messiah would come from them. So the entirety of the old testament - their laws - are designed by God not with a moral consideration first (though that is part of it) but with the purpose of making them survive intact as a people as long as possible to get to the appointed time God wanted Christ to be born (the Roman occupation).

So there are lots of laws in the old testament which revolve around what you can and can't eat, like prohibitions on shellfish and pork. I don't think God made those prohibitions during the old testament because those foods are evil, he did it because they carry parasites that couldn't be cooked out or otherwise sanitized at that time. So they increased the risk of people in Christ's bloodline dying before Christ was born.

Once Christ has come, the doctrine of the faith can "mature" into genuinely spiritual concerns, which is why the new testament strips away all those limitations that seem to exist for survival of a tribal desert people. The tribal desert people have served their purpose now; now Christ's redemptive act is the inheritance of all mankind. So now in the new testament the focus is entirely on love and right action, not tribal rules with zero moral implication that increase the chance of survival of a tribal people. That's not to say the ten commandments weren't clearly moral, I just mean that's my understanding of why the levitical laws about shellfish and all the random stuff existed.

This is just my interpretation though, could be dumb :)

[[[NATURAL LAW]]]

Old Covenant vs New Covenant - one of the most basic errors made by those who are ignorant of Christianity.
Jesus' incarnation brought the New Covenant between man & God.

Why is it called the new testament?
Who was the Old testament for?

Thanks for answering btw I get that people love to troll about this stuff but I'm legit curious about it.

A lot of that was in relation to a certain chosen people in the old testament. Sacrifices meant goats, lambs etc depending on what it was. Some Jews still practice ritual sacrifices today.

Are you 13? It's the old covenant and Christians believe in the new covenant. Stop shitting up the board with stupid questions you can just google or watch a YouTube to answer you fucking retard.

Attached: 1644913552645.gif (500x270, 1015.6K)

>those who are ignorant of Christianity.
That would be me.

So the new covenant is Christianity?
What is the old one and why did it get replaced?

yes but if you're not following it you're still in violation of Biblical law. Unless you're saying it doesn't matter to you. Just be consistent.
H8WMJ

Christcucks only follow the things they like in the bible. The rest they rationalize away.

And all God's people said: AMEN

A gentile doesn't need to follow Jewish laws of the old covenant.

Ok but how does it relate to Christianity then?

No, Jesus absolved all those practices for those who follow him.

I gave my longer take here: But to answer your question:
The "Old Testament" is a collection of texts that Jews and Christians both hold as sacred. We call it the old testament, jews call it the torah and the prophets. It is the "testament as to the old covenant" as someone else posted here. It's a collection of stories outlining God creating the world, calling Abraham out to make a covenant with him, promising both Adam and Abraham that the savior of all mankind would come through their bloodline, and the story of the people who came from that line preparing the way for the messiah.

The "New Testament" is the "Testament of the new covenant through Jesus Christ." It goes without saying, jews don't believe in this, but christians believe that it is a testament about the life and actions of Christ and his disciples and the believers who came after he was crucified and resurrected and ascended to be at the right hand of God. Basically it's a set of documents, eyewitness testimonies, and stories passed on from disciples to their own followers about what happened when Jesus walked the earth, and how to live now that He has returned to the Father.

The jews would say the new testament is a lie and Jesus was not messiah. Christians obviously believe he was, so their holy text includes both the old jewish stuff and the new testament. Many early converts to christianity were jewish, so they had lots of questions about which aspects of levitical law to continue observing. That's why the new testament has a lot of explanations on why it's not longer necessary to observe the stuff you read in leviticus.

Fucks sake go watch a YouTube video or Google it. Stop shitting up the board with infantile questions.

The Christians I know don't read the bible and pretty much break all the rules in that book constantly.

Being a Christian is being a part of a social club where your opinion is fact.

then a man can lay with a man. QED.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all intertwined apart of Abrahamic religions.

This is a very logical take and it makes total sense. Thanks user, I find it very informative.

Don't get mad wtf.
Just say you don't know and leave then.

No you retard, Jesus said homosexuals, drunkards adulterers etc will go to hell. It's in the New testament you fucking idiot.

New testament invalidated some of the old. Old laws invalid such as animal sacrifice.

old was with ancient isrealites made at mount sinai
new is for everyone through Jesus Christ

>Do Christians follow that thing?
No.

>If not, then why?
Because Levitical Law was hot the Hebrews were to be the people of god, not Christians.

>Doesn't that makes you a sinner?
No.

>Can you really pick and choose whatever you like from God's word?
No, but if you actually knew and understood the bible, you'd learn that Christians don't need to follow levitical law.

No, christians don't follow that, as only real christians are gnostic christians.

>Ok but how does it relate to Christianity then?
It doesn't. It's a history lesson.

where? Where does Jesus Christ say anything about homolust? Not Paul, not Luke, Jesus

>Why is it called the new testament?
Because it's the new Covenant with humanity via Jesus Christ.

>Who was the Old testament for?
The Hebrews who no longer exist.

>where? Where does Jesus Christ say anything about homolust? Not Paul, not Luke, Jesus
Jesus didn't need to talk about faggotry because his audience were already anti-faggot.

Are you assuming that Jesus is pro-faggot because he didn't condemn faggotry?

About Blood Sacrifices read the book of Hebrews in the Bible. The sacrifice of Jesus is the only sacrifice that matters, and sacrificing of animals is no longer commanded. In fact, it is forbidden to sacrifice animals, because Jesus paid the price for all sins of all times of all people on the cross. So if you are looking to wash away your sins, you go to Jesus, not to animal sacrifice.

Islam is not Abrahamic. It's poorly written Christian fan-fiction, inspired by the demonic encounters of it's mentally ill prophet.

I see. So Christian were initially the Jews who believed in Jesus and together they formed the new covenant which we now know as Christianity?

Why is it so many different denomination fight with each other? To be more precise, where exactly is the disagreement in their interpretation?