>BRO YOU HAVE TO GET A HAM RADIO
>ITS SUCH A COOL HOBBY
>IF SHTF IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE
Reality:
>boomers asking each other what the weather is like over there
>boomers asking what their sound quality is like
>boomers asking for your call sign
>boomers threatening to cal the alphabets on you for not having a loicense
Seriously, give me a real White mans hobby.

Attached: 790E3AC7-9878-4A32-BCAF-C96D0D1DB28C.jpg (3072x2304, 1.88M)

>real man's hobby
firearms
>ham radio
ham radio is for people who insist they can talk their way out of a problem

>Comms aren't important

Attached: rope.jpg (287x176, 10.38K)

Sounds comfy desu. Can anyone greentext Ham radio stories? Or explain how they got into it?

Attached: 1641924549439.gif (1702x1384, 163.44K)

Martial arts. Keeps your body and mind strong.
Gym is for normies and fags that were too bad to attend any real sport

how likely am I to get caught if I make up a call sign, or steal someones? I don't feel like going to some class or some shit to get one

Attached: 1374945820160.jpg (499x723, 103.23K)

>being able to instantly communicate with people across your town is bad
Fuck you. There is literally no reason not to own a shortwave radio. You dont have to talk to the boomers discussing their new grill, but you should have a radio just in case.

Attached: Tell-me-Mr.-Anderson-what-good-is-a-phone-call-if-youre-unable-to-speak.jpg (720x405, 102.83K)

>No collar
>No kerchief
>No region or rank patch
wtf is going on here, that's not a boy scout uniform

HAM operators are real "goody two shoes" who will definitely hold you to your call sign if you fuck it up. HAMs police each other to a cringy amount

Here is 99% of conversations you will hear on ham
>boomer 1: this is v2hte that’s victor 2 hotel tango echo calling in from Orlando Florida the weather is warm and no rain, names Tom, back to you
>boomer 2: this is k0kan that’s kilo 0 kilo alpha November calling in from Upstate New York the weather is cold and we have snow, names Robert, back to you

This, you don't have to talk to anyone at all on a HAM. I use mine mostly for monitoring the local airwaves

>boomers threatening to cal the alphabets on you for not having a loicense
Self policing boomers are the epitome of national weakness.

>Seriously, give me a real White mans hobby.
There is nothing in the US that isn't pozzed.
Just work out, get Any Forums, and study for certs that'll help you advance your career or earn more money.
Save/invest your money and eventually start your own business free from the wage cage kikery.
Maybe start homesteading

I see how it could have been a cool hobby 15 years ago before everything went digital
I tried listening in to mall security, McDonald’s, etc. but they’re all digital now

Kek this. Or some old boomer will tell you about the garage sale he went to that today. The idea that HAM is full of preppers or psychopaths is entirely untrue

Call me a boomer, but blacksmithing, carpentry and gardening is fun. Also making sausages or cheese.

I hear ya. I feel like the hobby of HAM radio is mostly about understanding how the technology works than actually communicating with people. That's why the license exam is mostly based around the technology and science of radio waves. I passed my amateur exam and they never once tell you how to use a microphone

Sure.
>Was active on weekly nets for a while in my old state.
>Really bad flooding happens.
>Be "critical personnel" working 12 hour shifts, have cool permission slip that allows me to drive to/from work despite police curfews
>Wife is first responder.
>Her coworker didn't show up for a shift, nobody has heard from her.
>Get home from shift, get on net
>Hey is anyone in [area] we haven't heard from [person] bla bla bla
>"Yeah user I'm over here, I know a guy with a boat that can check on them."
>An Hour later he comes back
>Hey they're safe, the water's surrounding the house and all their phones are dead, but they're okay.
>Thanks pal 73s

Attached: nowakejake.png (301x353, 155.5K)

I think I'd enjoy blacksmithing, but I have a bum shoulder.

I have my general license.
But OP is right. It's a bunch of boomers asking for signal reports.

Reviewbrah uses ham radio. He even has a show

Attached: Screenshot_20220214-131548.png (1152x2214, 695.82K)

Why do I need a license to use a fucking radio?
Can they trace you?

Attached: 1640827093185.png (309x269, 68.84K)

If I ever become fuhrer I'm going to mandate that all police radios and other stuff like that go back to being unencrypted analog.

I listen to him sometimes but it’s mostly music, I wish it was more of him talking.
They can trace you if they REALLY wanted to.

Hiking and cycling are pretty white hobbies, in my experience.

yeah bored boomers love that shit, look up "ham radio fox hunting"

Attached: fuggreach.jpg (1024x1024, 406.75K)

yes. Fox & Hound triangulation LARPing is quite popular at hamfests

Whatever.

Attached: IMG_1427.jpg (3456x2304, 1.41M)

Building shit.

How much does one cost?

Based hyper tough wally-world enjoying chad.
I also have that same USB hub.

>It's a bunch of boomers asking for signal reports.
How amusing that a generation that is vast majority white, but ham is not a white man's hobby.
The whole thing is about tinkering with radios, you aren't obligated to just use it as if it were restricted, long-range CB

~$25 for a baofang uv-5r which is the gold standard of entry level radios

>real White mans hobby
Lego

Radio is only useful if you aren't a criminal (or being treated like one by state actors).
It's easy as shit to trace unless you set up a lot of infrastructure of repeaters and shit over a large area to mitigate it, but even then it's not too hard to trace the origin.
It is good for emergency situations with good, law-abiding and tax-paying citizens, but if you are considered an enemy to the state (legitimately or not) it will get your shit kicked in.
For the likely future scenarios we face, encrypted and anonymized online communication is a much better option. Although you still have to go out of your way to secure it, it doesn't require setting up large-scale physical infrastructure, and the end result is much more secure than radio.

These are also much better skills to develop than radio. Gardening offers subsistence regardless of what situation you find yourself in, and blacksmithing and carpentry are low-tech artisan skills that can earn you money in a legal market or earn you your keep on a survival compound if things ever get that far.

>boomers kissing the boot and betraying their own people
More news at 11

Can your callsign be something like
>Imafaggot
So that when boomers want to talk to you, they have to call themselves faggots?
There must be some way to flood into their dumb little boomerspace and remind them their 56%er grandkids are stealing their pensions

Attached: 34298485.jpg (460x259, 13.21K)

Listening to pirate radio is super fun desu

Who the fuck told you to get a ham radio and why did you buy one? are you retarded OP. This nigga gets no bitches

> le comms
youre a shutin posting alone on a childrens cartoon forum, dude. get it together

HAM may be boomers talking about nothing now, but it is a means of decentralized communication. You have no idea how useful it may (or may not) be in the future.

Nothing wrong with learning about electronics and RF as a hobby in the mean-time.

>and the end result is much more secure than radio.
It's exactly the same though. Internet setup is cheaper and easier, I do admit.

>give me a real White mans hobby.
you queers don't like dogs and cocks

lmfao just go onto the local repeaters and shout NIGGER at them

>Radio is only useful if you aren't a criminal (
yeah thats why cartels have been using it to plan their cocaine shipments for 50 years

>Seriously, give me a real White mans hobby.

Amateur Astronomy

I have a radio to communicate with my community in an emergency. "Comms" doesn't necessarily mean LARPing innawoods with your buddies.

If this is so easy to be traced then there is no point learning all of the bullshit, seems stupid and a waste

>BRO UOU HAVE TO GET THE INTERNET
>ITS SUCH A COOL HOBBY
>IF SOMETHING HAPPENS IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE
Reality:
>boomers sharing minions memes
>boomers asking why the antivirus software slows down their computer
>boomers misunderstanding politics
>boomers threatening to call the alphabets for being racist

Seriously, i am a faggot.

>Fox & Hound triangulation LARPing is quite popular at hamfests

Ties up resources though.

>using chinese junk
How about no. First radio was a Yaesu FT-60

You can buy some SDR RTL and install free SDR software (like SDR# or Gnu Radio). There are articles and books with all sorts of projects like radio astronomy (you'll need good antenna), getting images from satellites, tracking planes fly over your house.

Attached: article-2020july-learn-the-fundamentals-fig3_fullsize.jpg (1920x1080, 283.21K)

fuck outta here....

Attached: offbyone.png (472x470, 488.59K)

>troons arguments deliberately missing the point
sage

>if you're being treated like a criminal by the govt
The govt isn't trying to bust the cartels, that's the point. If "white supremacists" or whatever used the radio it would be a different story