Massive Inflation in used car prices

Before 2020, a used truck like this would have costed 1/3 of the price. Are prices ever going to go back down?

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-13-21-30-08(1).png (720x1026, 588.77K)

I don't think it's possible for USD to deflate.

same thing happened in australia

fucking kikes

Thanks obama

Attached: Toyota_1986_Pickup SR5.jpg (800x632, 72.27K)

How did they get 141k miles on a 2016

>(((muh chip shortage))) while Ford doubles their stock price in the past 2 years while nobody realized they needed a car

>19-26mpg
wtf, I mean I know petrol is cheaper but what about diesel? That is fucking shit tier inefficiency

Some guy came up to my door last month and offered me $6,000 for a 92 Chevy truck that I paid $2000 for in 2017. When I declined, he offered me $8,000 and I let him have it.

The thing had 210,000 miles on it

Attached: 1634873404746.jpg (4096x4096, 279.16K)

Company truck probably.
The up side is you know the maintenance was paid for and up kept.

car prices are bonkers right now. I thought I was going to buy used my entire life but used cars are like a couple thousand less than new. I recently moved so I needed to buy a new car and got stuck with covid prices. Oh well oh well

It's a truck. It's meant for hauling ass, not saving gas.

It can, but it involves a rather severe economic crash

We Cuba now

>you know the maintenance was paid for and up kept.
Not necessarily. Our company cars aren’t taken care of at all. We’ve had 2 out of 4 cars blow engines under 50k miles. I don’t care because it’s not my problem.

They aren't going down homeboy.
These prices will never go down short of the Dollar becoming worthless.

Except trucks are rarely used for hauling anymore. They’re used by emasculated middle aged men to make themselves feel manlier. It’s rather pathetic.

Not true bro our fleet vehicles have expired tags and even near bald tires and we fucking SELL tires.
Our manager nickles and dimes the driver's safety all the fucking time we all have to watch him.

My 2020 Ram 1500 I bought for 38k is selling for 44k now
Who'd of thunk it lol

They get similar gas mileage to a large sedan and are 500% safer and 1000% more practical.

ywnbaw

my old 2002 CR-V is gonna bite the bullet soon and I'm really not sure how I'm going to replace it without hemorrhaging money out my asshole

Big truck mean more safe

Now imagine taking a loan out on that vehicle and you'll understand how much trouble we're really in.

Attached: ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph (3).png (4500x2530, 637.34K)

Don’t forget 3x the price
Also cope.

Larger vehicles ARE safer according to just about every statistic on motor vehicle accidents ever taken.

so you’ve never bought a truck before

You have no idea how convenient a truck bed actually is.

The way things are now, you'd be better off putting a rebuilt engine or transmission in your old Honda.

also Highway miles

>t.

Attached: D3619DBA-5434-4ED4-A3C4-DC9544C1691E.jpg (1200x630, 321.33K)

You’re right I don’t. Please tell me how convenient a truck bed is.

At my shop I see them come in all the time and they always have these laminated folders with some company info and we just do what the scheduled maintenance the dealer ship recommended to do is.
Honestly, it's kinda a cherry ticket to get because you make bank for easy work on a car.

/thread

you can just go and buy furniture, massive piles of wood/bricks, etc. and just put it in your car.

It's great for hauling your entire collection of funko pop figures to your next apartment every year

got some mechanic neighbors, they help me out from time to time with the bigger issues. Everything is so fucked, I'm seeing my exact car, same year, sell for almost twice what I paid for it 5 years ago

Shut the fuck up

Yeah? And it was a shit ton lower before Obama fucked everything up with cash4clunkers.
Fuck america.

Some cunt kept putting letters on my car offering her to buy it. I get one more and im signing up her phone number for shit.

I’ll remember that next time I need to go buy a massive pile of bricks

Attached: B26EC483-478A-4036-8619-710267AAB6CD.jpg (828x458, 443K)

>that's not too bad of a pri..
>141K miles
Holy fuck kill me now.

I jus sold a 2005 Ford Escape for $4,000. I figured it was worth $1,500. Then I did some research. Crazy. I basically drove it for the last 13 years for $1/day.

yeahhhh
Seriously im not kidding I could sell my 2020 ram 1500 with 45k miles on it for a profit
and I bought it new

I just sold my 1994 Honda Accord that I've owned since 2003 for $5000. I bought it originally for $500. It had 350k miles

If you have a camper on it it becomes a home just in case.

Attached: 1992-chevrolet-s10.jpg (1920x1280, 341.33K)

Our gallons are smaller so less mileage