Gnosticism thread: God is Real Edition

Everyone here always goes on and on about how they love God and how everything they believe and do is to restore God's honor, but nobody can even give a good description of what God is beyond dogma.
>Muh Christianity says God is in the sky and has a naughty list
>Muh Islam says God is Allah in the sky and keeps a naughty list
>Muh Judaism says God is in the sky and keeps a naughty list
>Muh Eastern religions say God is a collection of different anime characters or they tell you not to worry about it and meditate
God is an actual, real thing that can be described using plain language and science, without reference to dogma. Gnosticism provides a pathway to understanding this. So why do you reject gnosticism, Any Forums? If you don't, why not? And finally, what or who is God?

Attached: 1644573999321m.jpg (1024x576, 162.46K)

Gnosticism is a psyop.

The problem with gnosticism is the demiurge is an evil god. But since god is an ideal having an evil god is the opposite of ideal. The ideal should be good, simple.

Having too many gods violates simplicity criterion. And having an evil god is bad for the mind. The mind inherently desires a benevolent and just god.

Ok so explain God using plain language and science

For me god is an artificial Boltzmann brain that reduces the entropy of the universe using heretofore unknown technology.

The demiurge, so called, is less evil and more so partially corrupted by negativity

God is root consciousness which is the creative force behind everything in the known universe. Thoughts are energy and the entire known universe is probabilistic energy at it's core. Sub atomic particles aren't static and at the final analysis they're probability waves that take on a definite shape only once an individual conscious unit (aka one of us, a human) perceives or interacts with them, in linear time. This is textbook quantum physics, ironically confirming most religions but supplanting their dogmas with something more intelligible.

>Muh space brain in a jar we're all one consciousness simulation!
Very cool user, you should post that on reddit

What god isn’t and is isn’t really up for debate because how can we ascribe qualities to something that categorically is beyond “qualities”. The closest we can go is to say that there’s a likeness. We can say god is like logic or the logos or the word or that he is like love, wisdom etc. He is whatever the fuck he wants to be and no mortal blabbering retard can forcibly assign anything to him. We can describe qualities of him but there is no point in trying to describe his qualities because we simply do not know nor shall we ever likely know until we have died. It’s like trying to describe a shapeshifter who not only changes himself but also how one perceives him. He just is.

As for whom he is. He is the creator, the source, the origin, the alpha and omega, the end and everything in between.

As for gnosticism, despite having some good qualities and inspiring one to do his best and be ambitious it also is remarkably easy to fuck up, it’s extremely tempting to go “lmao demiurge did it” where the demiurge takes the place of “the satan” in “classical” christianity and utterly dismiss everything you experience and do away with logic, reason and morals because “lmao why does it matter this is just a prison of the demiurge, just a loosh farm bro” and while I am all FOR putting god on a pedestal that cannot be reached (as he deserves) I think that simultaneously you downplay his importance, presence and power by claiming that god has nothing to do with anything here. If JUST the gnostics are to believed they btfo themselves directly because a likeness we assign to god (and they do too) is omniscience so wouldn’t that mean that god would know beforehand of sofia’s error or are they claiming god is a dolt and couldn’t predict it? So would it then not make sense this is part of his plan? We shall see. That is all we can do. And meditate and pray.

We all contain good and evil. I feel a similar way to you, but due to balance, good and evil is not truly the issue, so much as positivity and negativity is. Basically, every human is flawed and that is not only consistent but also necessary. However, you can still achieve a worthwhile result in a world where people will hopelessly continue to do things wrong because they will always contain some "evil;" despite all the evil, you can attain net positivity, or balance.
So take our world now for example. Most religions would say that basically everyone on Earth is going to Hell when they die because we are all sinners. But this is saying that if we can figure out a way to integrate and express a higher form of Love despite it all, we can shift things from the negative, which rules the day, to the positive. People will always do things wrong, the real question is do we love one another, love ourselves, forgive one another, forgive ourselves, and work together to restrain the evil within us all? If we do that we are in a positive state and ironically evil occurs less often overall.

>desperate gnostictard makes a new thread
>muh posts like it’s 2016
Become orthodox and stop rebelling brainlet.

I agree with nearly everything you wrote there especially the demiurge part. I don't put much stock into the demiurge for one reason, but it is the same reason I have some disagreement with the final aspect of your comments, the omniscience problem: the number one principle of the universe is Freewill. God knows the infinite number of potential choices we can make and the outcome of each of them, but has left it open to us which one we make real by choosing. That's even reflected in the structure of atoms, how they are probability waves until perceived and interacted with.

>Become dogmatic, kill your conscience, stop exploring, kill millions of people in service to a blind man made ideology
No I don't think I will actually

>The problem with gnosticism is the demiurge is an evil god.
[citation needed]

It is not an evil God, it's not even a God. The demiurge is more like an artifact of creation, and it isn't evil, but corrupted by imbalance. It should be balanced, but as of now and for the past few thousands linear years, has been corrupted by a disproportionate amount of negativity versus positivity. Our world reflects this too due to it. But the demiurge doesn't have a will, the people/entities tapping into it do. The demiurge doesn't "do" anything but it affects everything.

I can link you to a website that goes into this stuff at length and provides very good descriptions if you'd like. I found it years ago and it did a lot to open me up to these concepts.

The freewill problem. I am unsure whether “true free will actually” exists because god clearly has a plan. There’s also been a study that showed that even before we “make a choice” we already move beforehand, but I remember reading some back and forth about it so I wouldn’t put money it, plus I find it a bit heretical to just go “god made me do it lol” and remove all blame and responsibility of oneself. I believe it’s more like a multiple (2 really, maybe 3 if you do out of the box and maybe 4 if it’s “neutral”) choice between the “right and wrong” choice. You have the freedom to fuck up, not be ensured you made the right choice by doing whatever you want. One could look at it like electricity, there’s the positive choice and the negative one.

He's just imperfect, not considered evil in my branch of gnosticism.

I feel as though this board is on the cusp of obtaining a higher understanding of the Truth. This was the place I learned about memetics, alternate interpretations of realitys structure, God being real as opposed to symbolic...there's a lot of negative poison here, but that's probably necessary for a place that comes closer to the truth. It's a side consequence of being open to each and every idea that comes along, and testing it with skepticism.
But I feel as though for some anons, in some sectors of the site, the trolling zeitgeist has turned into another mindless parroted dogma with unwritten, but adhered to, rules.
I hope topics like this one can do something to counteract that by making people think.

organized religion is like teaching others how to start a fire. there are probably a million different ways to start a fire because even the most retarded person in the world has primitive arsonist genes and just knows what fire is and how to start one with the things around them. deep down no matter how smart or dumb you are you know there is a god out there sentient enough to understand each of your own mistakes. a god who knows who and what you are, aware of its creation yet also a capacity to understand why its faulty. we know alot about animals but its rare we can ever agree on a solid understanding for human habitation is in a universal sense hence why we become so political and disagreeable. i think you will find that to understand the living is to understand the dead. we know absolutely nothing beyond the senses we possess, and the universe is already so large and mysterious. being spiritual and understanding humility is something zoomers like me fail to accept because of technology but also because of the push for the degenerate bastardization of nature we call organized religion. moderating free will was always satans plan

Same definitely not “evil” in origin, ignorant yes, imperfect yes, but not like he had any choice in the matter, he just follows his instincts to replicate even more imperfectly, and he couldn’t even improve it because he has no knowledge of the higher level, hence there’s a animal like quality to it.

>There was neither non-existence nor existence then;
>Neither the realm of space, nor the sky which is beyond;
>What stirred? Where? In whose protection?

>There was neither death nor immortality then;
>No distinguishing sign of night nor of day;
>That One breathed, windless, by its own impulse;
>Other than that there was nothing beyond.

>Darkness there was at first, by darkness hidden;
>Without distinctive marks, this all was water;
>That which, becoming, by the void was covered;
>That One by force of heat came into being;

>Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it?
>Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
>Gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
>Who then knows whence it has arisen?

>Whether God's will created it, or whether He was mute;
>Perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not;
>Only He who is its overseer in highest heaven knows,
>Only He knows, or perhaps He does not know.

—Rigveda 10.129, known as Nasadiya Hymn

Abrahamicism eternally btfod.

Original verse transliteration:

1. nā́sad āsīn nó sád āsīt tadā́nīṃ
nā́sīd rájo nó víomā paró yát
kím ā́varīvaḥ kúha kásya śármann
ámbhaḥ kím āsīd gáhanaṃ gabhīrám

2. ná mr̥tyúr āsīd amŕ̥taṃ ná tárhi
ná rā́triyā áhna āsīt praketáḥ
ā́nīd avātáṃ svadháyā tád ékaṃ
tásmād dhānyán ná paráḥ kíṃ canā́sa

3. táma āsīt támasā gūháḷam ágre
apraketáṃ saliláṃ sárvam ā idám
tuchyénābhú ápihitaṃ yád ā́sīt
tápasas tán mahinā́jāyataíkam

4. kā́mas tád ágre sám avartatā́dhi
mánaso rétaḥ prathamáṃ yád ā́sīt
sató bándhum ásati nír avindan
hr̥dí pratī́ṣyā kaváyo manīṣā́

5. tiraścī́no vítato raśmír eṣām
adháḥ svid āsī́d upári svid āsīt
retodhā́ āsan mahimā́na āsan
svadhā́ avástāt práyatiḥ parástāt

6. kó addhā́ veda ká ihá prá vocat
kúta ā́jātā kúta iyáṃ vísr̥ṣṭiḥ
arvā́g devā́ asyá visárjanena
áthā kó veda yáta ābabhū́va

7. iyáṃ vísr̥ṣṭir yáta ābabhū́va
yádi vā dadhé yádi vā ná
yó asyā́dhyakṣaḥ paramé vyoman
só aṅgá veda yádi vā ná véda

What If the demiurge is the good guy though?

You're on the right track imo. But I would say that God's plan, may include the idea of individuated units of consciousness making their own choices within a reality matrix of predefined choices inserted by God. So, if I force you into a choice, determinism, that's a plan. But if I provide you with a spectrum of choices and I know the outcome of each, but I leave the choosing up to you; thats still a plan. An extremely complex one, but God is able to process infinite complexity rather easily.

Half the posts are bots from the USA govt dude

FUCK DEMIURGE
FUCK ARCHONS
>But most importantly
FUCK JANNIES

Attached: 1641736708864.jpg (934x918, 96.46K)

>talks about “overseer in highest heaven”
>says that even he (the writer of this) doesn’t fucking know
>says that his (writers) gods all came after/ are below the source/“overseer in highest heaven”
>however many years after this some guy on the internet says this proves there is no god despite it talking about god(s)

If the writer of this could see this he would bitchslap you so hard that shiva would have to implore the brahman to heal your spanked ass.

>ITT hylics infestation: threat level maximum.

Attached: 1610349878225.png (3500x1900, 303.02K)

>forgets that he mentions even the overseer of highest heaven doesnt likely know
>forgets that overseer is a reference to Purusha /Indra and "coming of gods " is indra/Purusha splitting himself into the 33 deities
>forgets that this is a classic agnostic /Solipsist verse

Basically this. I'd place myself in the middle. I have not become a fully transcendent bodhisattva Chad yet, perhaps I never will. But I do know materialism is retardation.

The demiurge is neutral because it doesn't have a will. Individuated units of consciousness impact the demiurge with the results of their wills, which is how it has become negative, and thus it reflects this negativity back into creation. But it's not evil per se because it isn't choosing to do this.

Thanks for reminding me to meditate, have been putting it off for a long time. Don’t worry can’t wait to shed mortal coil.
‘Ate this plain
‘Ate this reality
‘Ate material existence
Luv me god