I hate how Any Forums is awful at recognizing actual worthwhile thinkers and books because of the way bookthreads are...

I hate how Any Forums is awful at recognizing actual worthwhile thinkers and books because of the way bookthreads are instantly taken over by Nazi larpers post shitheaps they've never read and C list philosophers; The average "Any Forums Approved Reading" graphic is a fucking joke.
>Tells you to read Evola but never bothered to pick up foundational philosophers like Aristotle or Plato
>Tells you to read Mein Kampf but never read memoirs by any American statesman
>Nooooo, read this esoteric monarchist tract instead Dante and Bodin, or this flavor of the week anti-republican rant instead of De Tocqueville and the Federalist papers
>Fuck the Odyssey, read this BASED and REDPILLED translation of viking sagas published like 5 years ago
>Wants you to look to the Nazi regime for foreign policy tips because they're too proud to acknowledge mainstream successes like Kennan and George C Marshall
I understand it's just larping gamers, but it still bothers me. Part culture is a shared canon, so I just can't get behind pushing all this alternative bullshit instead of encouraging people to get back to the basics and read books that are actually foundational to our society, it's not as if the left doesn't hate and oppose those mainstream figures as well. Educated Americans used to read people like Ben Franklin and Shakespeare and Aristotle because all those writers shaped how we understand the world and saw ourselves as a people, and sidelining the traditional writers and our homegrown heroes like Washington, Polk, MacArthur, etc is the destruction of our culture. If someone hasn't read foundational works, nobody has any business directing them to read fringe trash first. This isn't to say that people shouldn't follow their interests or are obligated to read every book in the canon, but it is to say your "essential reading" probably isn't essential if it's an obscure, contrarian, or foreign pick.

Attached: Kennan.jpg (234x250, 12.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/CharlesHaywooodTheWorthyHouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you didnt read mein kampf, did yoy?

*you

Ive been reading Kissinger's Diplomacy. It's taking forever because there's so much going on and anytime I cross-reference I end up on a month-long rabbithole.

04GW0

Read Heraclitus

>mfw babby's first Any Forums bread
The foundational works you can get anywhere, even though they've been dis-privileged in our own institutions. The obsure stuff gets posted because it's completely unknown otherwise.

I guarantee you nobody here has read Eustace Mullins or William Cooper. Ykno the guy who predicted 9/11

This might help you find stuff worth reading. Nothing but book reviews from a clear-eyed, non-liberal perspective. No Nazi bullshit.

youtube.com/c/CharlesHaywooodTheWorthyHouse

The Any Forums reading list I've been running with starts with
>about half of Platos dialogs
>Nichomachean Ethics
>The Politics
>History of Peloponessian War
>On Duties.
Mien Kampf is like 15 or so down on the list and evola is around 18 or 19 iirc. That being said, yeah most of the reading lists I see here are retarded and it's pretty dumb that none of them included the Iliad.

>Iliad
booooooring

niiiiiiiiiigger

I did. Suffice to say I found it grandiose and abominable. It's really only of historic interest to anyone with a three digit IQ.
But the point is that many of the people here haven't read or considered the foundational works anyhow, and that would be a better use of their time. We have an obligation to actually give them worthwhile recommendations. I'll go back to an earlier example: If someone wanted books on Monarchy, I would tell them to read De Monarchia (Dante), On Sovereignty (Bodin), or the Prince (Machiavelli) before trying to get them to read Hillaire Belloc as much as I respect him, let alone some of the true refuse that gets tossed around. Some of the graphics that float around are ok because they're meant to be more all-encompassing on a particular fact of politics. However, threads seem to degenerate into meme-books far too quickly.
He's a good guy, I like his work.
Based reading list
Go back to Africa, Moor

its not only a matter of historic interest.
well, depends for whom,
hitler hiself based his assertions on the history and science known at that point

some of said science points are still valid today.
and the nietzchean ideology from which hitler emerged is more true than ever

>We have an obligation to actually give them worthwhile recommendations.
You're not wrong, but now you're talking about creating a curriculum. By all means do so! I found Burnham's "The Machiavellians" here, and while I read The Prince many years ago (and didn't fully grasp it) Burnham's book made me see it in a different light. One strand can lead you down a winding road if you follow it. I think a lot of Any Forumsacks can figure things out on their own.

I don't have the time to read the entire catalogue of Western Classics, our entire race is being systematically replaced and subjected to increasing levels of violence and humiliation. People suggest reading that will give newfags a better understanding of the enemy we are up against for a good reason, we are running out of time.

then tf you doing here

>organize
>protest
>get shot at
>depose the gov with 85% support
>shot the reactionnaries

like its done every single time in history.

its not without reason that your education system is utter shit, mutt
they dont want you to know stuff that might give you ideas

If you want Nietzche, read Nietzche. Thus Spake Zarathustra definitely belongs in any liberal arts curriculum on a high enough level. It's definitely more relevant than ever, but it's as untrue as always. There is a cosmic hierarchy and sacred ethics that we ought to embrace rather than flee. Nietzche was profundly evil: sociopathic and anticivilizational.
Burnham is an underappreciated gem; The Machiavellians ought to be more widely distributed. I think you're right about some older works not being immediately accessible, in my case I had to read When Athens Met Jerusalem and a couple other books before coming around to Aristotle himself. That's a fair point. I suppose my gripe is more with posters who use reading threads to push mediocre fascist authors because it fits their worldview instead of giving people recommendations that give them more to think about and a firmer grounding. Even if someone who is a critical thinker picks up a lesser book, they can get something from it, but I think it's better to start with good building blocks. Maybe I need to make my own graphic.
There's no point in defeating the left unless we know what we're fighting *for* and that it's worth it. And for that, you're probably better off with the Western Canon as it stands, not to mention it's better suited to fostering intellectual rigor and a general understanding of humanity that never goes out of date. There's a place for redpills, but there's a pressing need not to be a barbarian mob.

Read Spangler

Attached: 07.jpg (750x1000, 191.76K)

Attached: 61n7ag.jpg (500x500, 62.37K)

nah.
beyond good and evil or go home.
>sociopathic and anticivilizational.
thats the "problem" wiith nietzche.
he evolves throughout time
thats why:
>beyond good and evil or go home

>they dont want you to know stuff that might give you ideas
such as?

>wall of text

Attached: 5843758469.png (544x572, 224.2K)