Why can't the Chinese clone a simple item like the 1930's hobo knife?

I was looking for a nice hobo knife for my day bag and came upon a large number of cheap ones from Amazon, in the $10-35 price range or so. I have ordered two, and both fall apart when closed. There's a little hook shaped piece near the end of the blade on the real ones which keeps the whole thing together when the fork and spoon sides are closed. But none of these stupid Chinese ones has it and I ended up having to return both and buy the Case brand one, which wasn't cheap but it's made in the USA and it's beautiful AND you can use the knife blade without the whole handle trying to fall apart on you.

It's this simple fact that makes me think China is doomed. Several companies cloned this ancient tool, a known design from well over 100 years ago, and none could even figure out what it was supposed to do or why it was important to make sure you could use it as a pocket knife without the handle coming apart on you. I think they've been lying about their IQ and it's more like 90.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-01-29_00-48-24.png (698x470, 210.26K)

Chinese make stuff with assemblies made up of hundreds of parts
t. engineer

yeah it's garbage though

i read recently about how some guys bought a pick and place machine, made for automated circuit board assembly and part placement, and not only did it literally come with viruses which tried to infect other computers once plugged into the shop network, but it didn't even work

Even though they have the tech to make a good quality knife, they choose to make a hundred shitty ones. The chinese always have the "mass production" mentality. It's not something that will change anytime soon, it's part of their dna to be cheap.

It's not that, and of course they have the tech. One of the two other hobo knives I got from China was made quite well, but both lacked those hook shaped projections on the base of the blade there which lock the whole thing closed so you can open the knife (which goes in the middle) blade.

It's completely useless except as a cute mess kit, the whole point is it's a normal pocket knife or belt knife really that also has utensils for eating.

Chopstick > forks (for kids and mutts)

>chinese can make a stick
are you a bot? you missed the whole point

Blame the dirty fucking kikes for flooding our shores with stinking niggers

It also pisses me off when some American company buys cheap Chinese crap and slaps their logo on it and sells it as an American product.

Neither one of those Chinese knives was pretending to be a Case brand, they were obvious clones but there's nothing wrong with cloning a product patented so long ago, it's in the public domain now. The infuriating thing is they didn't even understand the point of the knife of the function and instead it just falls apart.

I bought an antique one the Japanese army used for like 40 bucks and it's pretty sturdy. I forgot where I placed it though. It might be with all my camping gear.

>$10-35 price range
that's why, stop being a nigger and pay more.

the workers do it on purpose. we are at war with china but only the chinese understand it. stop buying shit from china, they literally designed them to harm the user/be intenitonally unreliable for gweilo.

The point is if they left a little piece on, they could easily have made a fully functioning clone. You missed the point you low IQ ape, and I eventually did pony up for the real deal. But Case brand knives are expensive, mostly, because boomers go ape over them.

this makes perfect sense really

the point is. you suck at life and act like a nigger.
stop acting like a nigger, and get good.

no you are missing the point. the chinese hate you and they dont want you to be successful. the chinese fully believe in 'you get what you pay for' and their culture openly acknowledges that anyone who pays a cheap price for something deserves a cheap product that doesnt work.

Just look at chinese videogames and compare them to western ones. In the west, we pretend poor free to play players 'deserve' content, updates, support ect. In china, they don't even pretend. poorfags get no help, they get no events with freebies or welfare gear. You pay, or you fuck off. That's their culture and now that they are in control of their factories, they put that into practice. You want a good product, then you have to pay out the ass for it. If you dont, you deserve what you get.

based and China pilled

>Why can't the Chinese clone a simple item like the 1930's hobo knife?
they can
but they won't because it's not profitable
are you retarded?
these guys probably have the best supercomputer on earth right now and are able to send robots to the moon
why can't fat amerilard make their own shitty knives tho?

They probably just havent gotten round to it yet, i mean we are talking a fairly obscure thing here outside the states.

I mean its amazon so. But that gives me an idea for a project. Make one out of scrap utensils.

Yes, the problem is, in china unscrupulous small traders know that the government rarely intervenes in disputes around poor quality and refunds. etc. So they might half ass something and still try to take decent money for it. Because they know you are foreign devil and you cant do shit because youre not in china.

Having said that, most dont want to be like this

So where's the functioning clone of this knife? It's a super useful item for campers and day hikers. If your hypothesis is true they'd clone it and sell the clone for nearly as much as the Case, no?

BTW Chinese games are popular because they understand psychometric analysis and can milk the zoomers. It's a different thing. Of course they're shit but zoomers have no taste.

The real actual one I finally bought's beautiful and you'd need several thousand dollars worth of metal working tools and all the know how to make it. I just have my Unimat 1.

>Of course they're shit but zoomers have no taste.

Yes this is true, also television is so shit these days, its either shows well past their prime or absolute nigger tier junk.

And? If the tolerances are to spec that doesn't matter at all