God Decrees almost Everything. Calvin and Augustine were Right

There is divine command theory. God can change the rules at will. God want you to not eat pork today? It's under His divine decree and plan. God allow it now? Under His divine decree and plan. God kill people then? Under divine decree. God acts peaceful? Under divine decree. God return to kill people in end times? Divine decree and part of the plan.

Many people deconverting? No issue. They were not the elect. The question of being lucky to be born in a Christian family? No issue because you were more likely decreed the elect.

Romans 9 and many other verses in the Bible show predestination. Jesus says He chose them not that they chose Him.

Attached: 1643875552421.jpg (400x400, 138.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

studylight.org/lexicons/eng/bullinger/e/erotesis-or-interrogating.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So God causes people to sin?

>God chooses the elect
>You'll never actually know if you're the eelct
>So be miserable your entire life
>Calvinism
Compare that to based Lutheran "Do whatever the fuck you want cause free salvation"-ism

In some cases yes for the divine plan.

Calvinoids unironically believe God is evil

if you believe God is infinite then he's infinitely evil as well as infinitely good

>god sends 2/3 of people to hell for not believing bro
>but he totally intended for them to be unbelievers and made it impossible for them to attain salvation bro
>this is not bronze age war deity shit bro this is true mercy trust me bro

Some souls are born stained with lots of evil and we don't know why. My belief is that they have to be born in order for them to sin enough so that God has enough evidence to damn them. If they were condemned for the soul being evil then that would be condemning without evidence.

God is kind of a dick

what do you calvinists think of molinism

Attached: molina.png (737x960, 454.54K)

Calvin is a heretic condemned by Christ's Church. Don't waste your time reading into him.

A very satanic theology. It makes God out to be worse than the devil.

Plausible, but sounds petty heckin heretical to me buddy
Calvinoids worship what has power over them for that mere fact. Says a lot.

The Bible supports predestination.
Ephesians 1:5
5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Romans 8:29
29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers

Ephesians 1:4-5
4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

John 15:16
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you

John 6:44
44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Predestination does not apply God controls you like a puppeteer. He just knows what your choices will be.

Attached: 1641344230831.jpg (635x934, 52.84K)

>God controls you
>You make choices
Pick one

So if our names are written in the book of life before the foundation of the world, why send the evil souls to live to be condemned unless it was a plan?

If all of your choices are already known, that means your life is predestined.

Being a Calvinist is a paradox in itself.
If everything is predetermined, then your actions have no influence on any eventual outcome.
Meaning that every single calvinist can commit sins as they like because they were predetermined to enter heaven anyway, and any non-calvinist can commit sins as they like because they were predetermined to not enter heaven anyway.

If God has already decided that I will enter hell, what is stopping me from quitting a somewhat righteous life and going full on mass murder of infants or torching of churches

You don't make any sense. I can record the super bowl and then skip towards the end when I watch it to see what happens. I can then rewind it back and know what happens ahead of time. This doesn't mean I all of a sudden am controlling the players' will.

You don't understand calvinism. If you think/learn that your actions are pre-determined, that learning of it was pre-determined and factors into the pre-determination. Your reaction to it and rejection would be pre-determined.

But you did not orchestrate the result of the superbowl before it happened

In that case, what is the point of human existence?
In many forms of traditional Christianity, the purpose of a human is either to find God, to commit good acts and live a righteous life, to guide others to salvation and so on and so forth.
But all of this requires the existence of free will, because if it does not exist, then why doesn't God sort us into heaven and hell before we are born. Or, I'd argue, why did he create us in the first place?

Christ cuck cope

Your example is retardedly wrong.
It's more like god wrote a movie, you're an actor in that movie, but you aren't given your lines until right before you say them.

That's cute that you have a subjective interpretation of Sacred Scripture, but Christ's One True Holy Apostolic Church objectively teaches truth contrary to what you're conjuring out our your gullet. Therefore be silent, heretic.

False because God has irresistible grace and it forces you to change if you are really saved.

>in that case, what is the point of human existence?
That's for god to know

That's what I'm saying. God doesn't orchestrate whatever one does, he only knows the end result.

What you mean to say is that my example does not jive with your theology even though it is perfectly valid and sound under the variables presented in your theology that you use to justify it.

Why Christians pray then?

Praying to Mary or Saints isn't in the Bible but you do. God saves whomever He wishes. You don't have to be a specific denomination to be saved. It's all under divine command.

>Implying Augustine was a deranged little slimy lawyer Calvin was

Attached: sola.png (1805x556, 134.56K)

God predetermines who is saved
>denying the contents of the bible

ez

Attached: prayer.png (801x589, 75.04K)

Yes and once you are saved God forces your behavior to change.

What I mean to say is the your example is objectively wrong and lacks understanding of the concept

The doctrine of predestination is that God knew from the beginning who will believe in or obey Him and those who won't.

John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Prayer is there to have a relationship with God and if you feel like praying God may want you to pray for something so that you get closer and your request is granted.

And that behaviour change was predetermined. God chooses who to save

>God predetermines who is saved
No he doesn't. He asks us to choose life. The very first word that Jesus preached was repent. Your theology suggests that he was just wasting his breath.
>denying the contents of the bible
Untrue. Your theology relies on the elect and why someone is drawn out. But the Bible tells us he who thirst for righteousness will be filled. Clearly those who thirst for righteousness are drawn out and elect.

The absurdity of your position is illustrated right here. Nothing really else needs to be said. You'll just keep repeating the same ridiculous dogma even though it is completely BTFO in one simple image.

I believe only the elect are sealed forever. Its still possible to have our names written off the Book of Life.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

God's goal is to cause the infinite good using any cost.

In that case anyone here can do a self-test if they're among gods chosen right now, if you try to commit any cardinal sin.

The idea that one can possess consciousness without free will is so deeply wicked and maleficent that only a being of pure evil could come up with it.

>The idea that one can possess consciousness without free will is so deeply wicked and maleficent that only a being of pure evil could come up with it.
This. It implies that God created most people just to send them to hell and torture them forever. Disgusting theology.

that image is silly.
God uses eroteses like that all the time in scripture
>9 But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” (Genesis 3:9)
studylight.org/lexicons/eng/bullinger/e/erotesis-or-interrogating.html

You have as much free will as within God's plan or however much free will God allows. You're similar to a dog on a leash or in a yard with a fence. The dog can go different places but you're still on a leash to go within a certain zone.

This "problem of evil," appears absurd to me. All of us have the capacity to know whether were on on the right path or not, to honestly evaluate whether something was out fault or not.
It's too often people project their bad choices on others or God. I admit that it isn't always the case, but it's so easy to lie.

>It makes God out to be worse than the devil.
The world hates God, perhaps you proved to yourself that you are one with the world, not with the body of Christ.

god aint shit suck a dick my nigga

The 144,000 pre-trib raptured saints are the elect. These saints inherited their flesh or the meek that inherited the earth.

Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Make america calvinist again

Attached: 8E108327-A37D-450A-A95D-9AA927156ACD.jpg (1127x750, 265.32K)

All the more reason to be your own God.

You can still convert/reject god 1 sec before death, which means you were/werent saved all along lol

>The idea that one can possess consciousness without free will is so deeply wicked and maleficent that only a being of pure evil could come up with it.
Stop blaspheming

and literally murder yourself my man faggot godposter

>The world hates God
Under Calvinism, God forces them to hate him and then punishes them forever in hell. It's absurd.