Don’t Look Up

This movie is the ultimate red pill.

Attached: 5C234C85-DA5D-4899-A291-9C8C25AA86AF.jpg (810x1024, 143.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2021/12/18/1065547285/adam-mckay-talks-new-doomsday-satire-movie-dont-look-up
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/don't look up/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/don't look up/page/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a metaphor for their dying careers, the asteroid represents the end of their grift, and their world filled with denial is Hollywood. No one wants to look up (at God) and admit the truth. There's a reason theyre casting nothing but has beens.

STOP SHILLING THIS SHIT
SAGE

THIS! ITS TRULY OUR MOVIE

This. Leo will never act in another A list film. It’s over

Ultimate? Maybe not, but regardless, most won't see it that way. They'll just think they watched a movie set in a world where the government is inept, the media corrupt and the ultimate power structure is the elites. Also people are silenced for dissent. They'll think they just watched a fiction, nothing more. Then they'll think about how much they hated Trump, and how important the vaccine is.

LITERALLY did nothing wrong

Attached: Isherwell.jpg (743x1124, 115.58K)

It's just that...I'm not gonna watch it...ugh I know!

It's not what you think. You're being tricked into believing that it's poison. See for yourself.

I particularly liked that they took The Nobody in it too (young guy in the leather jacket). :)
His role, as the guy who actually screws up the elite's plans, without even trying, should have been bigger tho.
Great movie.

NOT ONLY WILL I NEVER WATCH IT BUT I WILL NEVER WATCH ANYTHING MADE BY THE PRODUCERS, THE DIRECTOR, THE PRODCUTION COMPANY, THE WRITER, OR THE PEOPLE INVOLVED. WHY? BECAUSE OF YOUR SHAMELESS SHILLING OF THIS PROPAGANDA

FUCK YOU OP

This movie was shilled pretty hard in all Germans left-leaning newspapers, magazines and even on the fucking German public broadcasting which is the mouthpiece of the government, like the BBC in the United Kingdom but on steroids. Ain't gonna watch it.

Attached: FUCK_OFF.png (780x585, 468.23K)

That movie was fucking stupid

Although it has alot of globohomo sprinkled in, i liked it because the main message it gets across to me is that media lies and government doesnt work which I agree with.

Who's shilling, faggot? I just told you to make up your own mind. You don't think for yourself, though.

You guys just puch this here because you think it is effective counter propaganda. People are just not listening to the "experts" enough for your tastes, huh?

Still not gonna watch it.... EVER!!!!

>Will send us hurtling through the pillars of Boaz and Jachin
He's a M*son. He deserves hellfire.

>you guys
I've never posted this film here, or any other. I get it, though; you know your limitations and avoid propaganda that might get you.

Director in his own words saying it is about muh climate change. But you try to pretend otherwise to get people to watch it.
npr.org/2021/12/18/1065547285/adam-mckay-talks-new-doomsday-satire-movie-dont-look-up

Attached: Untitled.png (703x297, 20.76K)

You're not wrong. I watched it, I could clearly see what the original inspiration was going to be, but somehow they leaned far enough into the bias, trash status, and lack of moral attention span of major media and government that it definitely felt like something I agreed with was being said. Which makes me think it was by accident, especially since Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence were involved.

I think the people that made it probably thought that biden's first year would have gone better. Then people wouldn't be making so many comparisons between not only the Trump administration by this one also. It just generally shits on people in power and they're in confidence, and that's cool. I mean, that that failed Armageddon attempt by the billionaire really made me feel sick to my stomach, and the half an hour afterward was surprisingly meaningful. I think the idea of an asteroid killing us is something that a lot of people can understand and appreciate on a normal level. The part where things start shaking and they're at the dinner table and they're just waiting to be vaporized is hard to watch. I've had that dream.

Ok, then you don't know that you are helping in an advertising campaign? But you want to tell me about propaganda?
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/don't look up/

I thought the same thing, it's definitely no great piece of cinema, but I have a feeling it will hit you in a couple places that you weren't expecting. And I think that's completely by accident, to be clear. It's obviously a thinly veiled comparison to climate change or covid, but in the process they also shit on most forms of major media, politicians, celebrities, and rich people in general, and end up making a acceptable knockoff for a Netflix "Armageddon."

And again, to be clear, I don't think any of the good things about it were intentional. The last half an hour of the movie will possibly make you sick to your stomach on an existential level, and it's not because of the messages they were trying to send. It's because of how fucked up and scary the idea of a natural asteroid wiping us out is, and how incompetent everybody in charge is on every level and current year.

Discussing ANYTHING has the potential to make someone else money, you dumb fuck. Wanna separate yourself? Start by turning off your computer. You are as much of the problem as anyone.

Why didn't Leo just fly his private jets into the asteroid?

So you're going to pretend that this many threads about it is natural?

It was a monument to us for sure. I feel like if the asteroid didn't hit at the end the movie wouldn't have been allowed to be made. I'll take small wins where I can get them.

>the problem
What problem? Not listening to experts like you that want to manipulate people? Yo know better?

>scared of the apocalypse
ngmi

Is Leo based? I get the sense him and Brad Pitt are only around because they're bankable (most of the time anyway).

Bruh, it's bad propaganda. They swung so hard that they basically missed the target. Nobody watching the movie is getting fooled into equating climate change with this giant flying extinction level rock. What you end up connecting is the real life possibility of an asteroid vaporizing everything on the surface of the Earth and the fact that it's one of the only real legitimate apocalyptic things that can happen out of the blue and you can do nothing about it. THATs where it ends up hitting you.

Super based. I'm trying to get more normies on Netflix to watch The Bleeding Edge. Does a great job exposing the FDA and medical device industry right before pandemic

Attached: images (1).jpg (960x1440, 157.16K)

Any thread could be valid or propaganda, user. You're on the internet. If you weren't shilling it yourself, you wouldn't be here incessantly bumping it.
Post where I said I was an expert.

I don't care. What pisses me off is them shilling it here and lying about it. The lies and manipulation and sanctimonious attitude is what irritates me.

You're obviously very upset. Why not go get a nice cup of tea and read a book in the sunlight, user? You need it.

Cool.

Still never gonna watch it.

Its one of those movies where it really depends on how you go into it. If you go into it as a Any Forums user, you can see it how OP describes it. If you're a reddit npc you will just get mad about climate change and screech about how we need carbon tax now

Dude, I can survive climate change and nuclear war and maybe even a robot rebellion, but the realistic Extinction event depicted in the movie has it happened on one scale or another before, in reality, on this rock. You can't build a bunker deep enough or find a mountain top tall enough to survive that. That's fucked up, and NO I'd prefer that didn't happen. Obviously.

Nobody cares what directors say. The Wachowskis say the Matrix is about being trans. V for Vendetta and Starship Troopers are supposed to be mocking rightwingers.

Once it leaves the artist's hands, art is subject to interpretation and re-interpretation. Good art has many potential interpretations and thus receives a larger audience. Directors screeching "Noooo thats not what it means, see it like i wanted you to see it" is weak shit.

>Have perfectly functional publicly owned infrastructure (hospitals)
>Instead of using what works the government instead gives billions to a billionaire for some kooky theory that doesn't work (the covid jabs)

They tried to make this movie about muh climate change but it really seems more like a movie about how profit became the primary goal during the coofid scamdemic.

>Media lies
>government doesn't work
>government will government donors billions for fake bullshit that doesn't work.

if an asteroid is heading towards earth I really hope Russia has something to shoot it with or China I could see Bidens America failing even worse than the one in the movie.

>oh noes what if I die!1!
Coward. Of all the generations that lived if you have the privilege to be among those that see the end, this is how you’d act? Ungrateful faggot.

>Any thread could be valid or propaganda, user.
The amount of threads is not natural. Someone is pushing it. I don't think it's the production company, but it is people that think it is effective propaganda for the type of people that are here.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/don't look up/page/2/
That's not even nearly all of them. They were posting shill threads under all types of names around when the movie came out. It's hard to search in a way that uncovers it all.
>Post where I said I was an expert.
I wasn't being literal but proddingly assuming the mentality that someone would have to have to defend this. It wasn't a literal statement.
>The Wachowskis say the Matrix is about being trans.
They didn't say that RIGHT AFTER THE MOVIE CAME OUT. They weren't saying that it in 1999. And please don't pretend that this propaganda movie is some type of art because it's not.
>V for Vendetta and Starship Troopers are supposed to be
Director did not say that. Those movies actually have depth, and are not thinly veiled propaganda.